January 2016 Moms

Lactation cookies

anyone have a good recipe to share?  Do they really work?  I bought store made ones and they were blah. I choked them down but they tasted like fish. So I'd like to make a big batch of my own and freeze. I've seen a ton of recipes but looking for a "tried and true" recipe. Anyone want to share?

Re: Lactation cookies

• No recipe but the MilkMakers lemon ones are great - you can order them online.
  • I looked at a few recipes but then decided they weren't worth the aggravation and I continue to by the MilkMakers Oatmeal Chocolate Chip.  

But basically, you're looking for any recipe that includes real oats, flaxseed and (most importantly) Brewers Yeast. The recipes I looked at said 2 tsp of Brewers yeast to maintain supply and 4 tsp Brewers yeast to increase supply.

I hope this helps!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had the MilkMakers chocolate oatmeal ones but they tasted fishy to me and they were pretty pricey I thought. I bought a container of Brewers yeast already. Was hoping for a recipe people have tried and liked. 
  • I used the recipe off of the Quakers oatmeal box, plus 4 tbs each of Brewers yeast and ground flax seed. I also added raisins, chocolate chips, and walnuts to one batch, and cranberries, white chocolate, and walnuts to the second. Then I scooped them out on a cookie sheet, put them in the freezer to set and then bagged them up for later. 
    The Brewers yeast smelled strong, but I don't taste it at all. Also mine don't spread much in the oven so I have to make sure not to burn them. I already had to share them, and no one can tell the difference. 
  • My friend made these for me,  I don't know if they actually help but damn they are delicious. 
    The cookie recipe is 
    1 1/2 c. White or whole wheat flour
    1 3/4 c. oats
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp salt
    3/4 c. almond butter or peanut butter
    1/2 c. butter, softened 
    1 c. flax
    1/3 c. water
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 c. sugar
    1/2 c. brown sugar
    2 tsp vanilla
    2 large eggs
    2 c. (12oz) chocolate chips
    1 c. chopped nuts of your choice (i use sliced almonds)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit

Mix everything together.

Place balls of dough onto greased baking sheets or baking stones. Press down each ball lightly with a fork. Bake 12 minutes. Cool on rack.
  • LacynduckLacynduck member
    edited February 2016
    https://allrecipes.com/recipe/232191/lactation-cookies/

These are delicious but hard to make when you're juggling a newborn and a toddler. What I have been doing is making pancakes. I don't have the measurements but I put in pancake mix, whole oatmeal, Brewers yeast, flaxseed, wheatgerm, cinnamon, vanilla, eggs, and yogurt. Cook with coconut oil and they are delicious and are not hard at all. Just make sure the consistency is the same as regular pancakes. 

And you can also make milkshakes with Brewers yeast, flaxseed, milk and any of your favorite fruits. It's quick and effective. Add oats to it too to make it extra beneficial. 
  • i make these

https://www.simplisticallyliving.com/homemade-peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-lactation-cookies/

very yummy!!! i bought the brewers yeast off of amazon as my local store didn't have it. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Married: Feb. 2014
    TTC #1: March 2014
    Clomid: 1 cycle no IUI lead to a BFP 
  • https://www.howsweeteats.com/2015/02/lactation-cookies/

I made these and they are DELICIOUS! Even DH and my mom love them!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers