November 2015 Moms

Weird things your baby does

ShianeNicoleShianeNicole member
edited January 2016 in November 2015 Moms
Just for fun! What does your baby do that's weird but cute ?

Elliot has discovered her thumb and she tries to suck on it with little success. When she gets it, she is almost shocked, it's so cute! That's not the weird part. What's really weird is that she stares at it all day long. It's weird and hilarious. I always feel like she's thinking "I'll get you my pretty" I think that's from the Wizard of Oz! Sometimes she gets it so close that she goes cross eyed. 

Re: Weird things your baby does

• Loading the player...
  • Cecily loves to hold her arm up and make a fist! I have so many photos of her like this.  
    Tonic neck reflex. Will go away by 4 months :)
  • The previous owners of this house stenciled a big Penn State logo in what is our spare bedroom.  I change LO in there on the guest bed when we don't have guests.  Now that she's learning how to baby babble, she has SUCH the conversation with that lion!  At every change!  It must be the contrast or something, but it really fascinates her!
  • My LO LOVES her changing pad. It's so weird. She's the same way now that she babbles. It must be the colors in her room. She instantly smiles when we lay her down on it! 
  • Grayson snorts. When he's ready to get up in the morning, he rubs his face really hard with his fists and snorts and he'll do it when he's mad that I'm not feeding him fast enough. 
    Me: 28 DBF: 30
    BFP#1 07/10/14 EDD 3/14/15 Diagnosed with Blighted Ovum 08/18/14
    BFP#2  3/17/15 EDD 11/22/15
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Zeke doesn't know how to suck his thumb so he just sucks the back of his fist. He mostly does it when he's tired. 

He really enjoys his changing table too! Sometimes I go change him just to calm him down since I know I can get at least some chill time before the screams resume. 

He has the uncanny ability to find even one loose strand of hair and get a death grip on it and pull. 

He lights up when I sing "All I eat is Pizza" by Koo Ko Kanga Roo
  • grayson likes to hold his hand up and pinch his cheek when he sleeps. We have a 3D ultrasound pic of him doing this too!

He also loves his room, we painted blue and white stripes. When he is really fussy I will lay him on his changing table and let him stare at the stripes :)
  • My LO LOVES her changing pad. It's so weird. She's the same way now that she babbles. It must be the colors in her room. She instantly smiles when we lay her down on it! 
    So I didn't know but this is totally a thing! Tons of babies LOVE the changing table. When we were going through the hours and hours of screaming the only relief I would get is putting DD on her changing table. Honestly would give me 10-20 minutes and I BASKED in it. I did a search and there's a ton of threads that pop up on google discussing this. Wonder what it is...
  • Byram acts like he's eating in his sleep. Tongue and lip motion. And there's nothing in his mouth since he refuses a paci! But I think it's adorable haha 
  • LO smiles in her sleep. I wonder what she dreams about.
  • Add my kid to the list of babies that love the changing table. It's so weird because he hates laying flat on his back basically any other time. But put him on the changing table and he's happy as a clam!
  • Wouldn't it be awesome if they could sleep on the changing pad. For those who have trouble with babies sleeping flat! Obviously they cant, but I'd be wonderful. 
  • @mrsmacken mine has started doing that too! It's so adorable! He's also recently started chatting up a storm and I love it!
  • My LO also loves his changing pad which is funny because he used to HATE it!

His weird/cute thing is that he when he is BFing he will try and pick off/grab my freckles...I'm glad he found his hands but seriously kiddo my freckles aren't going anywhere! 
  • At least in my son's case he loves the changing table because he gets to be naked for a split second. He loves being naked.

• Just for fun! What does your baby do that's weird but cute ?

Elliot has discovered her thumb and she tries to suck on it with little success. When she gets it, she is almost shocked, it's so cute! That's not the weird part. What's really weird is that she stares at it all day long. It's weird and hilarious. I always feel like she's thinking "I'll get you my pretty" I think that's from the Wizard of Oz! Sometimes she gets it so close that she goes cross eyed. 
    This is soooo Charlotte! It cracks us up so much!
  • My DS does this too! He'll unlatch, look up at me, smile, look back at me and just laugh. It's the cutest thing ever and never want to give him a bottle just for that reason! Lol 
  • Cecily loves to hold her arm up and make a fist! I have so many photos of her like this.  
    Silas used to do this a lot. We call it his superhero pose. 

He's been sucking on his index and middle fingers more, then he waves a hand and flings spit. 

He loves his changing table, maybe because that's where we "dance" and he loves that. 

He randomly yells when he's by himself in his PnP or crib. Cracks me and DH up. 

And when he's in his car seat and latched in, he often stares off into the distance and you can't get his attention. 

• I have a tapestry with a sun on it hanging over my bed and whenever she's on my bed she'll smile and coo at it non stop. She'll fight her sleep just to stare at it. I now call it "mr.sun" 
  • laswett said:
    Grayson snorts. When he's ready to get up in the morning, he rubs his face really hard with his fists and snorts and he'll do it when he's mad that I'm not feeding him fast enough. 
    My grayson does the same thing! 
  • DS likes to laugh at the boob. He will be latched and then just start laughing. He then Unlatches and it'll spray him or me and he finds it so funny so he smiles and goes back to eating. Lol he's silly 
  • Like a lot of people, she eats her fist, loves the changing table and smiles/speak to me on the breast but the weirdest is that she touches her hair on the back of her head with her free hand, playing with them or caressing them I dont know :) pretty girly and cute ahah
  • My daughter never latched and has always used bottles. There are times, though, that she will motion her mouth to my boob. I get excited and try to get her to latch, but all she does is put her lips on my boob, look at me, and laugh hysterically. She does this a few times and then almost sighs as if "the joke is over and we can go back to the bottle now"

It makes me laugh every time.

• Nursing has been a total flop and we're down to just nursing at night at best. When she does want to nurse though she spends the entire time rubbing my chest with her hand. Sometimes she'll extend her arm completely and try to hold onto my collarbone. It's really sweet.
  • Nursing has been a total flop and we're down to just nursing at night at best. When she does want to nurse though she spends the entire time rubbing my chest with her hand. Sometimes she'll extend her arm completely and try to hold onto my collarbone. It's really sweet.
    My LC said the chest rubbing is similar to a kitten "kneading" while nursing, and actually helps with milk flow!
  • @FilmFreak933 that is so funny! Since my little guy's first week he has been obsessed with ceiling fans too!  He will be eating and randomly just stop to turn and stare at one (there's a ceiling fan in almost every room in the house).  I get the biggest kick out of it! Glad he isn't the only one with a love for a fan
  • My LO loves the fan too. He spent some quality day time in his room yesterday and spent most of it staring at the fan.

also, LO has started holding his hands. It's really funny when I put him on his changing table because he holds his hands and smiles like he's saying "oh goody!" Because he knows DH and I always tickle his belly when we change him. 
  • My son has gotten into the habit of fake coughing. Just two little tiny coughs when I'm trying to get him to latch. like "*cough cough* you're drowning me" then he smiles at me. 
  • It's so interesting to read your comments, because my LO loves doing what you mentioned your LOs love to do. He loves the changing table (smiles the whole time,) he also loves staring at the ceiling fan (whether it is on or off,) he smiles at me while he is breastfeeding, which I think is the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life, and he also pats my boob while he is feeding. 
    When I nurse grayson at night he fall asleep "hugging" the boob as my DH says

• Colby does all those same things - smiling on the changing table, staring at ceiling fans and what seems like fake coughing. 

He he also likes to sleep in what we've dubbed the touchdown baby or raise the roof pose. It makes us laugh all the time. 
    image.jpg 1021.6K
  • I love the touchdown sleep!! 
    My lo does a lot of these too; staring at ceiling fans, boob hug. I love it all.

He loves when I go "ooooh, aaahh" real slow. Those will probably be his first sounds so I make them a lot. He thinks it's pretty funny.

I miss the startle reflex! :\

• edited February 2016
    Trey laughs and smiles in his sleep! I always wonder what he is dreaming about...my guess is eating lol
  • Trey laughs and smiles in his sleep! I always wonder what he is dreaming about...my guess is eating lol
    I imagine a bunch of nipples floating around, lol
  • Trey laughs and smiles in his sleep! I always wonder what he is dreaming about...my guess is eating lol

Mine makes sucking motions with her mouth, then smiles.  Dreaming of food, haha!

She doesn't hug my boob while feeding but she grips my shirt hard.  When she falls asleep I have to pry her off.