February 2016 Moms

40+ weekers

Hi- I thought it would be fun for anyone overdue to update on here about your progress or have a place to bitch about being overdue. I'm not technically overdue yet however I'm due tomorrow and had my doc apt today. I'm 1cm dilated and only 25% effaced. I'm a third time mom and went 9 and 5 days over with my previous 2 but I kind of thought I'd at least be closer to the dd with my 3rd. Maybe I was wrong. With my 2nd baby I was 5cm on my last doc apt so it was always encouraging to hear I was making progress. I'm thinking this one's gonna stay in for AT LEAST another week :( How about you guys?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 40+ weekers

• I'm a FTM so I can't say from experience. However, my mom was in a similar situation back in the day. I am 1 of 3 kids. My sister was born 5 days late, my brother I think was right around my mom's due date but me, being the 3rd born you would think I would be early or at least on time. Nope, I was 2 weeks late. All your kids like to cook! Hope your LO greets you soon :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • lilqt3929lilqt3929 member
    edited February 2016
    I'm officially overdue :( due date was yesterday. I'm so tired and sore and just plain over being pregnant. My toddler was a handful today, more so then normal, so I'm just miserable right now. I'm trying to appreciate the last days of pregnancy (we're done after this one) and spending time with my little girl as an only child but these last days are hard! I had a dr appt yesterday and baby is happy and thriving but I'm not dilated at all so it's looking like I have some time left. 

ETA : STM and my first was 3 days early so I thought this one would follow suit because you know thats how these things work, right?! ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Hey! FTM here and due tomorrow. I was only 1cm dilated and 30% effaced at my last doctor appointment, and LO hadn't dropped yet. I go back on Thursday at 40+1, so fingers crossed that things have progressed more! I am officially 100% over being pregnant. Thankfully my last day at work will be tomorrow (originally I was going to work up until I had him, but I just can't lol). It will be nice not to have to worry about work anymore, but I'm worried that LO will be 1 to 2 weeks overdue and I'll just be sitting at home bored until then.
  • Not overdue yet either (due Friday) but I was 5 days early with the last two so I'm a little annoyed to go longer the third time.

• I went 42 weeks with both of my daughters!! I never even dilated. Babies never dropped. It was the hardest thing to go through. Especially since I found out I was pregnant at like 2-3 weeks with each kid (including this one, my 3rd.) I tried to go into labor naturally with both girls but my body just wasn't having it. I was induced the first time and after almost 3 days I had an emergency c-section. I wanted to go VBAC with my second daughter but at my 42 week ultrasound I showed low amniotic fluid.. Another c-section. So this baby is a planned RCS. I'm going in at 39+3 and she will be my first baby born before 42 weeks!  
  • Due yesterday, no baby.. Ftm and Feeling anxious! Dr said I was 3 cm on Friday so I was hopeful that meant labor soon... No dice!

• Officially a day overdue now.  FTM and just playing the waiting game. Doctor only gave me 1/2 cm on Monday so nothing. I am having mild contractions but they aren't consistent or strong. I wasn't too antsy most of the pregnancy but the last two weeks have felt SO long. Im glad she stayed put for the blizzard last week but let's go baby!!
  • Today is my due date and it's so weird that this is the day I've been counting down to for so long, and...nothing still. I know it's perfectly normal, and it's only an ESTIMATED due date, but I still can't help but feel a little deflated this morning. Oh well. Going to focus on finishing up my last day at work (hooray!) before maternity leave, then maybe going to dinner and a movie with DH tonight. I woke up this morning with some period-like cramping, which I read can sometimes indicate the beginning of labor, so...who knows! But I'm already tired of playing the "Am I going into labor?!" game lol. Just going to let things happen and try not to obsess over every twinge and ache.
  • Officially overdue.. 40+1 which is especially frustrating since my Dr. Told me 3 weeks ago she would be surprised if I made it to my due date because of how low the baby is... I've been playing the "was that cramp the start of labor" game for 3 weeks now and I'm bruising more and more impatient! At my 40 week appointment yesterday I was still only 1cm and 0% effaced so she couldn't reach to do a sweep... Ultrasound scheduled for Friday and if the LO isn't here by 41weeks they will want to induce. I think I'm going to work from home from here on out though.

Me:29 / DH:32

Married 8/2009

Expecting our First Bundle of Joy 2/2/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• 40 plus 2 today, FTM.  :| I had my weekly appointment on Friday. I was 1 cm dilated and 75% effaced. My MW said everything was very favorable for delivery at any point, but here I am sitting at work. LO seems to be perfectly content to stay put.  I've had a few contractions here and there, but nothing consistent enough to even get excited about. I know this is a bit TMI, but I did lose my mucus plug last night (hopefully that's an actual sign things are moving along). I have another appointment this coming Friday where we will do a BPP sono and talk about serving the eviction notice to the kiddo.

I'm just hoping to get the show on the road before Friday. I really would love to avoid forcing the issue (if possible). Hang in there ladies, we are ALL super close! 

Jan '18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• 39+2 so not technically overdue, but I have a strong feeling that nothing is going on down there. Last week I was 2 cm and 50%, but the baby is still SUPER high and I haven't felt any whisper of a relief of his moving down. My mother was 3 weeks late with my brother and 2 weeks late with me, so I don't have high hopes of being on time...
  • I was due yesterday.  Physically I feel fine but getting anxious! As of Monday I was 1cm dilated, 70% effaced, -2 station. They said I measured small in belly so I had ultrasound yesterday and the guesstimated baby boy is 7lbs6oz so perfectly normal.  I lost my mucus plug over a week ago and have been very crampy so I thought maybe something was happening... but nope.
  • @Shanski70 I was 40w2d when I went into labor with DD.  It was about 36-48h after I lost my mucus plug.  I hope that you progress the same way.  I'm not overdue yet this pregnancy, but it looks like I may go over again... I just keep looking for that mucus plug because that was my indicator last time!!
  • I'm 39+2 today, so not overdue yet, but I am sooo done! My doctor swept my membranes (ouch did that hurt!) on Monday. I went from a fingertip (at 38 weeks) to 2cm in 7 days, so I was very hopeful of making progress this week. 2 days later and still nothing! I've eaten pineapple and spicy food, have done the deed and a ton of walking and still barely a cramp! I'm still holding out cause I'm so darn uncomfortable! 
  • 40 weeks today. The pressure is on because my induction is scheduled for next Tuesday. Come on out on your own little girl!!
  • I was due yesterday....the Dr. has been telling me since 37 weeks that this baby would come before my due date...I have been dilated 4-5 for two weeks, the baby is in ready position but for some reason likes hanging out in there....
  • I was due yesterday....the Dr. has been telling me since 37 weeks that this baby would come before my due date...I have been dilated 4-5 for two weeks, the baby is in ready position but for some reason likes hanging out in there....
    See I think it's great to be that dilated before labor even starts bc you have half the work done. Today is my due date and no action. This Saturday I'm going to try and evict baby but until then I'm just stuck waiting. 
  • Hang in there and let the babies cook if that's what they are choosing to do! Most likely your doctors will or have given an eviction date! 

Good luck ;) 
  • I'm almost 41 weeks and was told I'm 2cm dialated. I'm not sure about effaced. How long does it take once starting to dialate? This is our first. I hope he comes in his own, but we might induce if it gets much farther past week 41. He's huge and belly feels stretched to the max (hence the extra stretch marks). Anything I can do to better prepare my body and help little one out? Or relax my stomach a bit so it's not so tense?
  • 40 weeks today. The pressure is on because my induction is scheduled for next Tuesday. Come on out on your own little girl!!
    @Life is Exciting  I am in the same boat!  I am 40 weeks tomorrow and I just got scheduled to be induced on Tuesday also!  
  • Callirgos said:
    I'm almost 41 weeks and was told I'm 2cm dialated. I'm not sure about effaced. How long does it take once starting to dialate? This is our first. I hope he comes in his own, but we might induce if it gets much farther past week 41. He's huge and belly feels stretched to the max (hence the extra stretch marks). Anything I can do to better prepare my body and help little one out? Or relax my stomach a bit so it's not so tense?
    I would love to tell you the dilating means something but it kind of doesn't. I've been dilated since 35 weeks (40 weeks tomorrow). I was 2cm a couple weeks ago. With my other pregnancies I was 3-4 and 90% for a couple weeks. :( That said, you could literally go into labor right now, there's just no way to know.

• 40 weeks today!!! This morning at about 1:45 am I think I started feeling some real contractions! I'm still feeling them, but they're not intense enough where I've felt the need to call my midwives. I actually have an appointment at 1:00 pm today, so I'm planning to just see what they say then (unless something changes!)
  • 40+1 so I'm officially overdue. Nothing fun to report today. Still no timeable contractions. I'm still working and plan on working through next week even if I haven't had baby yet. I'm still not losing my mind yet but I feel like that could change once this weekend hits.
  • Eek. I'm having a baby tomorrow!  
    I just went to my 40 week appointment and the ultrasound shows little Eva weighs approx 9 lbs, 15 oz. the OB said that measurement may be off by up to 1/2 lb in either direction, but regardless, it's too risky for me to attempt a vbac at this point. 
    Scheduled for noon.
    So many emotions. Excited/nervous/disappointed that the VBAC plan isn't going to work out/happy I'm not going to be torn to pieces by a gigantic baby/looking forward to a date night with hubby tonight because we're sending our 2 year old to his grandparents for a few days. 
    Good luck tomorrow & congrats on Eva's debut! Enjoy your night with the hubs!!

• suteki325suteki325 member
    edited February 2016
    Good luck tomorrow, and enjoy your date night!
  • 40 weeks today. I went in for a c-section today due to the baby being breech.  They did an ultrasound and baby is head down.  I'm home now. I'm afraid he might flip again because he moves around a lot.  At the hospital my contractions were 3-4 minutes apart but very weak since all I felt was the tightening feeling.  I'm also 1.5 cm dilated.  Gotta walk more! 
    that's awesome! Congrats! Hope he stays head down!!
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @MississippiCatfish thanks! I'm so happy :) even though I'm eager to see him I am happy he is head down :) 
  • 40 weeks today. I went in for a c-section today due to the baby being breech.  They did an ultrasound and baby is head down.  I'm home now. I'm afraid he might flip again because he moves around a lot.  At the hospital my contractions were 3-4 minutes apart but very weak since all I felt was the tightening feeling.  I'm also 1.5 cm dilated.  Gotta walk more! 
    That's awesome!  How exciting that he flipped and you can maybe avoid a c-section. It can't be that easy for him to keep flipping in there at this point so hopefully he stays head down for you!

• 40 wks today and baby seems happy to just hang out. Haven't had a check at the dr's yet but will have one today. I think this weekend is an excellent time to have a birthday, but we will see if baby agrees.
  • Well if the kiddo does not come on his or her own, I will be induced NEXT Friday (2/12) which will put me at 41+4. At my BPP sono today the baby was happy and healthy estimated weight at 8lbs 2oz, plenty of amniotic fluid. Per the physical exam I'm still only 1cm dilated & 75% effaced (no change in 7 days) even though I lost my mucus plug on Tuesday.

I'm definitely ready for the show to get on the road & have the LO on the outside. Here's hoping things progress naturally before next Friday! 

• Shanski70 said:
    Well if the kiddo does not come on his or her own, I will be induced NEXT Friday (2/12) which will put me at 41+4. At my BPP sono today the baby was happy and healthy estimated weight at 8lbs 2oz, plenty of amniotic fluid. Per the physical exam I'm still only 1cm dilated & 75% effaced (no change in 7 days) even though I lost my mucus plug on Tuesday.

I'm definitely ready for the show to get on the road & have the LO on the outside. Here's hoping things progress naturally before next Friday! 
    Best of luck! My induction date is set for next Saturday and I'll be 41+2.  I am so ready for him to be here too!!!  Let's hope our babies come before then!!! FX!!
  • I can officially join the club!  I was 40 weeks as of yesterday.  For the past two weeks, I've been 3cm dilated and 90 effaced, so I honestly thought baby would come before now.  However, I'm not complaining!  My original plan was to work up until this Thursday if baby hadn't arrived yet, but on Friday at work I was really struggling physically, and this weekend I could barely sleep.  My husband and I discussed and figured that since I was originally going to start my leave today anyway, I should just stay home and rest.  I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon, so we will she what she says.  My anatomy scan back in September estimated my due date for this coming Saturday (2/13), so I'm hoping that I can wait for a few days after that before we talk induction.  I really want baby to come on his own, and since I haven't been having any issues, I don't see why that would be an issue.  I have no idea how much baby weighs...we've gotten so many cute newborn clothes, including a Valentine's Day outfit!  I really want him to be able to wear them ;)
  • I respond to coworkers who ask about dilation & effacement with "I won't go into details but things are looking good".
  • I'm 40 weeks tomorrow and anxious! I'm on leave and don't want to rob baby or myself of these days. 
  • So bummed. I started leave last week when I was 39+3 since I was early with my other kids. Here I am at 40+4 wasting the days away. Get this lady out!