Pregnant after a Loss

Needing to Vent...

I am 14 weeks today. I was supposed to have a doctor's appointment today. I've been really nervous over the last couple of days. With my last pregnancy we found out about our loss at 16 weeks but were told our baby died around 14 weeks. So, this being the week of my previous loss I am even more nervous. My doctor's office called me just as I was walking out the door to cancel my appointment. My doctor had to do an emergency delivery. I really needed to hear my baby's heart beat today. I'm not going to be able to think about anything else until I do. Thankfully I was able to schedule an appointment on Monday with the nurse practitioner!

I just really need that reassurance right now. I'm trying to stay calm and positive. Anyone have any tips on de-stressing or positivity?

Mommy to an angel baby and a sweet little girl Earth side.

Re: Needing to Vent...

• Breathe - and distract, distract, distract! Do positive things that bring you joy and try to focus on anything but the baby for now. 
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• I agree. Focus on anything but baby for now. I like to read magazines that have nothing to do with parenting, pregnancy, etc. Just something fun like glamour or Cosmo. Go buy some new makeup or get your hair cut.  Do something just for you. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hugs! Distraction is really the only thing that works for me. I like to read books (not baby related) so I can get lost in a story.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• If you're that upset, try and go see a different doctor that's in your network that can see you right away. It'll give you peace of mind.
  • I've been there too, 1mc and 2 mmc. For me too distraction was key! Read a good book, watch a movie, go get a coffee with some friends or anything else that will keep your mind preoccupied until Monday. I also had to remind myself that getting myself too worked up and obsessing with what might or might not happen didn't do me any good nor would it change what happend or not. Some of my appointments this time have been right after or a week after some of my loss-milestones and I've tried to look at it this way: if everything is still fine at that point I've gotten a little further than previous and are now closer to be in the "clear". 
    Wish you all the best.
  • @LifeofLauren2 How did your appointment go yesterday??  Also, I agree with everyone else the key is to keep busy!!
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • I forgot to update @bnfroggie! I saw the nurse practitioner yesterday. She literally looked at my barely there baby bump, put the Doppler on my stomach, and right when she put it down she was on the baby's heart beat. My little girl has a strong heart beat of 155 as of yesterday! I felt so great I even made this super cute announcement and sent it to my cousins (who I'm super close with) yesterday! Thanks for all the encouragement ladies! I spent the weekend helping my sister plan her June 2016 wedding!
    Mommy to an angel baby and a sweet little girl Earth side.
  • Awe that is so awesome, congratulations!!  Cute announcement too.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"