March 2015 Moms

10 months old and throws a tantrum

So I'm just wondering if anyone else 10 months old babies throw tantrum when I tell him no or take him away from things he can't have such as magazines he likes to chew on. my bathroom he can open the cabnit door and it's not safe. when I pick him up he starts kicking his feet and he try's to throw him self back and screams....any other babies doing this. What are some ways you stopped it ????

Re: 10 months old and throws a tantrum

• My daughter just sits and cries and then will try it again but I just let her cry it out
  • Yep! Ours too! The key is if you are going to take away something they can't have, give them something instead that they can have. Children, especially at this age, don't understand why you are just taking something away from them, plus switching it with something else helps them learn about what is off limits and what is not.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Mama to Rowan Sebastian and baby boy coming in April!

• Loading the player...
  • Yes mine does the exact same thing. I will try switching!
  • Same here. I move mine to a different area or give her something to distract her. She just started throwing one each time she goes in the car seat...fun times. Lol.
  • My son has been doing the same thing!  Especially after being babysat by grandma.  She spoils him rotten!!