June 2016 Moms
Options

1st Time Mom

I am 21 years old this is my first ever child and I'm just a bit concerned I am 20 wks Today! :D I still have not felt the baby kick! And I started leaking already at about week 18 and it seems to be getting more frequent and annoying. I would love any tips,advice, or comments about any of the above mentioned things or just anything in general thanks so much everyone!! :)

Re: 1st Time Mom

• Options
    All this sounds normal to me. My advice is to read through some of the other threads on this board. All of your concerns have been addressed in one form or another already. Congratulations and welcome! 
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    For my first it wasn't until about 21 weeks that I really felt her(or rather knew I was feeling her)! With this one I started feeling him about 16 weeks but only in certain positions... come to find out that my placenta is in front of the baby (meaning between my belly and the baby). So it could be the samething with you. I know it is him only because I know what I'm looking for but still I only feel the movements that are on the sides or towards my pelvis.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have only bee feeling little flutters or a popping feeling a few times in the evening. I've read a lot of us FTM won't feel the baby (or know what we're feeling) until closer to 25 weeks.  :(  I blame it on my extra fluff!
  • Options
    All sounds normal. Every pregnancy and every woman is different. If you're concerned to the point of stress, call your OB to confirm. GL!
  • Options
    I am a STM and will be 20 weeks Thursday. Although I feel flutters sometimes, I have not felt the baby kick or move much.  I didn't much with my first until 22-24 weeks.  Every pregnancy and person is different.  Soon enough you will feel the baby kicking and hiccupping and moving around. 

Regarding the leaking, I would definitely get some breast pads so that it does not ruin your clothes.

Good luck mama, you are doing great!!!
  • Options
    First off, congratulations!:) I'm a first time mom too and am now almost 22 weeks. I started having some leaking about a month ago and when I mentioned it to my dr he said that's normal and usually means you'll have a great milk supply. Definitely ask about breast pads or just go out and buy some yourself, my dr told me where I could get some for free. As for baby movement, I've heard a lot of first time moms don't feel it for the first time until they're around 22-25wks but every woman and pregnancy is different:)
  • Options
    I had a doctor use a doppler the other day and was able to hear the baby kicking, she asked if I could feel it...sadly I could not they said that was completely normal for a first time mom. She told me not to get upset about it in a few weeks I should be able to feel LO I am 20 weeks tomorrow. I wouldn't worry yet. Talk to your doctor about the leaking... a friend of mine started pumping early and just freezes the milk until the baby was here. I am unsure how early she started though.