October 2016 Moms

Weekly Meal Prep Check-In (2/1)

Okay ladies! Here is where we can post our weekly menus, diet tips, prepping tips etc...

Also, what are you doing differently now that you're KU?

Re: Weekly Meal Prep Check-In (2/1)

• This week for me, I will be at work late all week due to an awful audit that I have to be present for. ALL WEEK!

My lunches are typically grab and go things. Yogurt, apple, piece of cheese, granola bar. (All added together of course.) Now that I'm KU, I've added a couple more things so that I can choose depending on my stomach. I added a banana, saltines and I prepped some quinoa and rice. 

Dinners this week are going to be those easy one skillet freezer meal things. Not the healthiest of options, but better than take-out. (I think.)
  • Dinners this week include: Whole chicken in the crock pot, oven fajitas, minestrone soup, chili, buffalo chicken soup

I primarily cook Whole 30 recipes for dinner. I tried to plan quick meals or crock pot meals because I have been so exhausted. DH is not good in the kitchen but I told him he needs to start learning!

For breakfasts I make a baked oatmeal on Sundays and that lasts us all week. Lunch is usually leftovers.

One thing I did this morning was put a bag of raw almonds in my purse for snacking. Friday was a bad day at work because I didn’t have enough to eat and felt really shaky.  

• Loading the player...
  • Dinners for this week:

M: Chickpea sandwiches with tater tots
    T: Pasta puttanesca with Greek salad
    W: slow cooker enchiladas
    T: Pizza
    F: Blue Apron
    Sa: Blue Apron
    Su: Blue Apron

Hopefully I still want all that when the time comes to eat it!

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• I make a new soup/chili (or two depending on time) for lunches for the work week, whatever is left by the end of the week gets frozen and added into rotation the following week. This has been working well for me since I was never a big fan of deli meat outside of childhood. So far this week we have steak and pork chops defrosting. DH gets home a half hour before me and starts cooking dinner when he gets home so it is almost ready when I get home (I know I am very lucky I hear it all the time :) ) and DH is actually a pretty awesome cook as well. Of course add in pizza/pasta here or there during the week for when we forget to actually defrost things!
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a friend coming over tonight with her son for a play date so we are ordering pizza!  Not at all healthy, but I can't wait!  Yum!

Pregnancy Ticker

Oct 16 March Siggy Challenge

Oct 16 Feb Siggy Challenge

• I need to get on this meal planning wagon. Maybe this thread will help!

• I have a friend coming over tonight with her son for a play date so we are ordering pizza!  Not at all healthy, but I can't wait!  Yum!

Mmmmm....piiizzzaaaa....
  • I love meal planning! It saves so much stress for our family. We all like different things for breakfast so that's usually cereal for the kids and whatever hubby and I want, and for lunches it usually left overs. I never really plan side dishes, we usually have lots of fresh veggies and potatos so I can come up with that when the time comes. This is our plan this week:

Mon: baked spaghetti
    Tue: Hubby and I have date night! So eating out
    Wed: Tuna Noodle
    Thur: Chicken drumsticks 
    Fri: Baked ziti

Since becoming pregnant I don't really care what's for dinner lol. Pre pregnant me would never have 3 pasta dishes in one week, pregnant me doesn't give a crap lol. I let the kids help with the menu so I'm making what they want so I don't hear whining, I'm too exhausted for that.
  • edited February 2016
    I'm still feeling alright so I'm taking advantage of that! Today I'm making a batch of homemade chorizo so this week I'll use it in 3 recipes, plus for breakfast! 

On the menu this week in no particular order:

Chorizo Burgers topped with grilled shrimp and garlic paprika aioli
    Chorizo, veggie, cheese and quinoa stuffed poblano peppers
    Spaghetti with meat sauce and salad
    Loaded chicken and potato casserole 
    Choripan (it's basically a chorizo instead of hot dog) with pickled red onion, tomatos and chimichurri
    Annnnd salmon is on sale so something salmon lol... maybe miso or honey glaze to get away from all the southwest flavors we're having lol
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Just to add to this since it is about food, I just read I can still have crab and shrimp while pregnant?!? I though all shellfish was off limits for some reason! Now I am upset I didn't get that crab cake on our date night last night! Did everyone else know this?
  • Just to add to this since it is about food, I just read I can still have crab and shrimp while pregnant?!? I though all shellfish was off limits for some reason! Now I am upset I didn't get that crab cake on our date night last night! Did everyone else know this?
    Yup! It's really just uncooked sushi and top of the food chain type fish that are off limits (i.e. swordfish, shark, tuna)

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• @PeggyOlsonFTWthis will make it soo much easier!