Pregnant after IF

**2nd Tri Check-in** Feb 1st

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility".

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appt is and what for.

Mommies to be:

@KidShrink EDD 5/3/16 with 1 little boy!
@MelenaZ EDD 5/6/16 with 2 beans a boy and a girl!
@kistra EDD 5/18/16 with 1 bean!
@AdorkablePixie EDD 5/23/16 with a little boy!
@NB817 EDD 5/28/15 with a little boy!
@Binnie505 EDD 6/12/2016 1 little lady!
@kaitielynnrichardson EDD 6/15/16 with 1 little boy!
@Msbender129 EDD 6/15/2016 with 1 bean Team Green!
@HBamama2B EDD 6/17/16 with one boy!
@mechelita44 EDD 7/20/16 with 1bean!

Congrats to the mommies who have graduated to the 3rd trimester!

QOTW: Lots of us know what we are having at this point...do you have names that you like?? You don't have to share your Bean's name if you don't want but even names you've been considering??

ME: 35 DH: 39

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

ME: Submucosal Fibroid Surgery Date APRIL 14th 2015 -Left Tube is blocked by Fibroid~Surgeon removed 26 Fibroids from my Ute and Unblocked my Tube

DH:Azoospermia...Thank God we have 12 vials of frozen swimmers

July 15-Check to see if Ute is all healed

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

IUI #2 9/5/15...BFP on 9/17/15

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

1st u/s 8/8/15 1 bean HB 135 @ 6w5d

Re: **2nd Tri Check-in** Feb 1st

• mechelita44mechelita44 member
    edited February 2016
    Hi ladies, 16 weeks this week! Last week I posted about being able to hear our baby's heartbeat for the first time (which was amazing)... the next day I received a call from my nurse at the OB office and she told me that the blood work they took they day before tested positive for antibodies in my O+ blood and that they are transferring me to Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) aka High Risk Pregnancy at the hospital where I will be delivering. The nurse said they will need to monitor me and the baby with frequent ultrasounds and blood work. And that these antibodies could cause complications with the baby and the placenta. She didn't know specifics but that enough crippled me.

Needless to say, I'm scared and really overwhelmed and will be until DH and I meet with the MFM OB a week from today. My OB had mentioned me needing a consult with an MFM OB because I have an autoimmune disease but now I have no choice but to go there for the rest of my pregnancy. I'm of course relieved that they are taking the proper precautions right away and  are sending me to the right place. And luckily I am delivering at one of the best hospitals in the country, but it's still overwhelming. Trying soooo incredibly hard to think positive and not stress and just focus on the beautiful baby we will have this July. 

On a lighter note, regarding the QOTW... DH and I are waiting to find out baby's gender so we will have a few boy and girl name options ready to go on delivery day. I am so indecisive and feel like I need to get to know our baby before we name him or her, crazy I know. As of right now... I honestly have a list of over 100 names, probably 70 girls names and 40 boys names. DH and I haven't even discussed names yet, I think he's afraid of my list... rightfully so.

Hope my fellow 2nd trimester mommies are all doing well :smile: and thanks for listening/reading my very long update.

• @mechelita44 hopefully it's not something too serious and they can just follow up more closely. Sorry you're gling through that stress.

This is my last 2nd trimester checkin! Eeek! Time is flying! All is going well on my end, apart from a defective crib that got delivered on Friday...so we should be getting a new one this week. If ever that one doesn't work either..we're screwed as it can take 14 weeks to get here (hence ordering it early the 1st time around...). Here's a picture of nursery so far :) 

QOTW: We had a short list of boy and girl names well before I got pregnant, with a favourite for each. Our little guy will be Elliott :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • @KidShrink  I love the name Elliot!! It was on our list of boys names as well. I also absolutely love the nursery!!! So dang cute!!

Married for 4 years. TTC for 3.
    Me: 38 DH: 39
    DX: Unexplained Infertility; found a few fibroids this time around during SIS

March 2012: Clomid for 3 cycles  3 BFNs
    Sept. 2013: started injectables (Follistim, Ovidrel Trigger) IUI BFN

May 2015: New RE. Going IVF. Tests, Tests, Tests 
    July 2015: Microdose Lupron 20u am & pm, Follistim 150iu 75iu am, Menapur 150iu 75iu pm
    Triggered 8/4 ER 8/6 ET 8/11 2 beautiful blastocysts; 2WW
    8/19 hpt BFP! Beta 8/25: 482
    2nd Beta 9/1......3707
    U/S 9/21: 1 beautiful little gummy bear

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks @krbjoy !! First on our list of criteria was a name that worked well in English and French. I have a very French name and living in an english speaking environment now, it gets butchered on a daily basis. And DH's name (English) gets ruined by my French people ;) 

See you very soon on 3rd tri checkin! 
  • @mechelita44 I'm so sorry you are going through all this stress. Hopefully it is nothing too bad and they can handle it easily. What hospital are you delivering at? 

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

ME: Submucosal Fibroid Surgery Date APRIL 14th 2015 -Left Tube is blocked by Fibroid~Surgeon removed 26 Fibroids from my Ute and Unblocked my Tube

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

• @KidShrink I love love love Elliot and your nursery! Sorry about the crib though. That's frustrating. Where did you get it from??

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

• NB817NB817 member
    edited February 2016
    23w 2days here! Only a few more days to viability!!! Woohoo. 
    I have a regular ob appointment scheduled for Friday and hopefully it will be a quiet and boring one.

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

• Ugh my post cut off so here's the ready of it...

we we bought our crib and dresser with a hutch yesterday! I love it and can't wait for it to be delivered in 12 weeks! So it should arrive a few weeks before he does! 

QOTW: we are struggling with names for him. We know his middle name will be Richard and we have a long 3 syllable last name so I like shorter first names. DH likes Bryson but out last name also starts with a B so it irks me. Names that we both had on our list are: Dylan, Grant and Chase. Although I think we are eliminating Chase. Boy names are haaaaaaaaard!!! 

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

• Hello ladies!

I am 24 weeks today. Viability! YES!

QOTW: We have a name picked out. Honestly we had a boys name and a girls name picked out before we ever got pregnant. We had a lot of time to talk about it I guess. lol We won't be announcing his name until birth.

@KidShrink I LOVE that nursey!! How cute.

@mechelita44 I am sorry you are going through something so stressful!! Hopefully it is just something they want to monitor closely and nothing super serious.

@NB817 I like the name Dylan.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Thank you @KidShrink @NB817 @AdorkablePixie for the kind words and support. I'll keep you all posted on how things go.

@NB817 Dylan and @KidShrink Elliot are both on my boy name list! Love them both :) and I agree, boys names are so much harder than girls!

@NB817 I'm delivering at Brigham and Womens. I've been going there for other medical issues and I love it there.
  • @NB817 got it at a Canadian store called SnuggleBugz. Totally not their fault, but the manufacturer's (Million Dollar Baby). There's an oval hole missing in one of the front legs (not one we could have easily done ourselves), and two other holes that are meant for a screw that holds the top part of the fromt railing are misaligned too, so can't screw it in. Went to the store Saturday, and they gave me a piece from a new one, but they changed how they're putting them together (clearly not a bad idea) and the holes don't align. So they're supposed to deliver the rest of the contents of the box they opened to give me that piece sometimes this week. Praying it all works out, because I was one grumpy mama bear on Saturday! My pissed off/unimpressed face is really effective in getting what I want though. However, it'll only go so far if they have no other crib in stock and I have to wait weeks for it to arrive...
  • p.s. @KidShrink your baby's nursery is so cute! great job!
  • @mechelita44 oh yes Brighams is one of the best!! I'm from the Cape and very familiar with them. You're in fantastic hands!

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

• Heyo ladies! Hope everyone is enjoying their bumps this week! 

@mechelita44 I'm sorry for the stress you are going through but really glad to see you are getting great care. I hope all goes well!

@kidshrink love the nursery!!

love all the names! Elliott is fantastic and I really like Grant Richard or Dylan Richard! Excited to see the finals with the birth announcements. Like @adorkablepixie we knew the name very early on but DH doesn't want to share with anyone until our LO is born. :)

For me: I have my second AS tomorrow and am excited to see LO. Been super emotional this week for the first time in pregnancy. So much crying! It's worse than IVF meds lol.

• @HBMama2B thanks! For the past few days, I feel like I've been pissed off at the world (the store and the manufacturer for the crib, my account manager at the bank for being an idiot and not doing what I asked him in a reasonable amount of time and in the way I asked, my financial planner and his insurance guy for taking their sweet time and also not doing what I asked, my property manager for renting out my office without having checked with me first...I'm sure I could find more, those were just the really salient ones). Ugh, it's exhausting to be in such a bitchy mood all the time! Thankfully, reminding people they're stressing out a pregnant lady usually gets you what you want (threatening to take your business elsewhere also...). I cried watching a number of movies over the last little while...guess I've just been too pissed off to watch a movie lately. Oh, hormones!