April 2016 Moms
Options

Weekend Ticker Change

K&ElizabethK&Elizabeth member
edited January 2016 in April 2016 Moms
Week/size: Symptoms: Rants/raves Questions: GTKY: After this LO, are you planning on having more children?

Re: Weekend Ticker Change

• Options
    I don't why the formatting is different, so weird. Week/size: 29 Symptoms: Oh, Lordy. My hips are killing me. I'm going to a chiropractor my midwife recommended on Monday. Hopefully it helps! Rants/raves: I failed my 1 hr glucose test as expected. My dietary restrictions don't allow me to eat anything close to that drink so it was a total shock to my system. Going in for my 3 hour on Wednesday. Yuck. Questions: Nope GTKY: After this LO, are you planning on having more children? We were thinking we were done after this, but imagining this as my last pregnancy is making me really sad. Maybe I'm not totally sold on being done yet...
  • Options
    Week/size: 31 - pineapple

Symptoms: BH, sore and achy back, sleep is a thing of the past

Rants/raves: DD has had a rockin cold and double ear infection all week. DH had previously invited BIL and his kids up for the day today (after talking to me about it - sure, whatever). Turns out they've had HFM and we only found out because MIL came up to do taxes yesterday. KEEP YOUR SICK KIDS AWAY FROM OTHER KIDS! Also, my mom had planned to come visit today, so DH told BIL he'd go down and help him with niece and nephew, and then my parents decided they'd come tomorrow instead. So I'm spending my Saturday watching a sick DD alone just like every other day this week. I know being a SAHM never ends, but usually I at least get back up on the weekends. Pity party for one please. 

Questions:

GTKY: After this LO, are you planning on having more children?
    DH seems to be leaning toward one more biologically. I don't really have a strong feeling one way or another between 2 or 3, since we plan to still foster and/or adopt to "complete" the family - we'll see how I feel in like a year though ;) 
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Week/size: 32/Squash 

Symptoms: SEVERE IRRITABILITY 

Rants/raves: I'm standing in line for a baby expo... I don't mind being in line around the crying young toddler in the stroller, the older toddler running into the wall and then her mom repeatedly, or the infant babbling away behind me... I DO however mind being in line in front of a 10ish y/o girl who keeps bumping into me and whining/bitching about being in line when she wants to be at home, hates her baby brother, and tells her parents they are stupid. Lord help me stay in control of myself and not flip out next time her reality tv style antics hit me again and her mother shrug at me apologetically -.-

Questions: How can you tell where baby's head is?

GTKY: After this LO, are you planning on having more children? Maybe one more. Probably not though. Pregnancy makes me miserable....
  • Options
    Update- DH just informed me he was just going to go down to watch the basketball game with BIL during nap because he wanted me to have a break and have some family time this morning Insert foot in mouth for previous whining. 
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    @Knottie9983816 I couldn't tell where DD was positioned until my OB mentioned it at an appointment around 34 weeks. Once he explained where she was and I could feel what he was talking about then I could usually tell. The hard part is they're pretty much folding in half, so it's hard to tell head from butt ;) 
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    Week/size: 31 weeks

Symptoms: pain, thirst, fatigue and swelling in the feet

Rants/raves: I've become so thirsty lately that I thought I was developing a late onset of GD. Went to the doctor yesterday and she told me it was highly unlikely and that my urine sample was clean

Questions: When should you pack your hospital bag? 

GTKY: After this LO, are you planning on having more children? Yes. This is our first and I have found myself thinking about a second child already. We think we might foster before having another biological child though

Me- 25,DH-28

Anniversary

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Week/size: 28/eggplant - yay third trimester!!

Symptoms: back and hip pain, contractions, super tired, SUPER irritable 

Rants/raves: on bed rest again this pregnancy. Looks like disability-don't know how I'll get through the waiting periods since I've had to use most of my PTO already. No stress from work but now stressed from that.

Questions: GTKY: After this LO, are you planning on having more children?

Just one more (total two) about 3 years apart. I need a break from being pregnant. It's been a tough one so far and he'll only be my first going full term (fingers crossed)! 
  • Options
    @St0v3s I'm planning to be semi packed (pp clothes/baby stuff) by around 37 weeks and have a list with the bags of last minute things to grab (toothbrushes, phone chargers, etc). At very least I would want a list ready to go by then if you don't want to actually pack. It's most likely you'll have a decent amount of time laboring at home before heading to the hospital, but when I went into labor with DD overnight at 38w4/5, I was glad to not have to worry about packing our bags while I was counting contractions and debating if I was actually in labor. That way I was able to stay in bed and snooze between contractions and get some sort of rest that night. Better to have it sit there for a month than not be ready when you need it. 
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    Week/size: 27/Rutabaga 

Symptoms: Just my sciatica this week. 

Rants/raves: I moved the two year old to her new room a couple weeks ago, and it was great the first couple nights.  Now, she wakes up with night terrors and night mares. Last night was awful and she kept looking over her shoulder as if she was waiting for something to come get her.  I had to bring her back to my room and she wouldn't calm down unless the light was on.  I really wanted her out by the time baby arrived, but I'm thinking it's going to take quite a bit longer.  

GTKY: After this LO, are you planning on having more children? At this point, no.  I am not a fan of doing daily injections and I honestly don't think another would be worth the risk. Plus, I think 8 is plenty. The dh is getting the big V after baby is born and if I happen to need a section, I'll get my tubes tied as well.  
  • Options
    kimey1kimey1 member
    edited January 2016
    Week/size: 27weeks / Rutabaga
    Symptoms: Swollen legs, calf cramps(!), heartburn, feeling like my belly is a stretched out rubberband
    Rants/raves Questions: I'm waddling so much and lately I need 2 cups of coffee a day. 1 cup won't cut it. Cookies have also become a part of my regular diet.
    GTKY: This is our first. I plan on having 1 more pregnancy, but DH says we need to leave room for a mistake. I'd rather be blessed with the twin genes from my dad's side of the family and hit homerun with one more pregnancy. So possibly 2 more!
  • Options
    Week/size: 28! Third tri woohoo
    Symptoms: low back pain, Braxton hicks
    Rants/raves: none
    Questions: none
    GTKY: After this LO, are you planning on having more children? No! 4 is more than plenty for us
  • Options
    Week/size: 29/ Acorn Squash 

Symptoms: Hip pain that is worst when I wake up in the morning, calf cramps

Rants/raves: DH has been amazing lately.  This week he cleaned out the rest of the spare room that is becoming the nursery, picked up the crib, and has cooked dinner every night.  I will have to remember this the next time he spends the week playing video games instead.  

Questions: none

Yes, this is number 1 for us and we want 2 or 3.  We definitely want to put a couple of years between them though.  
  • Options
    Week/size: 28/ Eggplant- Yay third trimester!!!

Symptoms: Hip and back pain, acid reflux, insomnia, fatigue

Rants/raves: I really need to work on devoting a little bit of time each day to keeping up with the housework. I've never been good about that, and usually end up devoting a chunk of time each weekend to getting things back on track, but as tired as I am now, and as busy and tired as I anticipate being after LO arrives, I really need to come up with a better system.

Questions: Can anyone recommend good books to prepare for a med/ intervention free childbirth? (As much as one can actually prepare for that sort of thing.) I've read Ina May Gaskin's book and the Mayo Clinic's, so any other suggestions? I'll also be taking the childbirth class offered by our hospital,  but Idk how much that will cover the techniques that help to avoid intervention and pain medication.

GTKY: After this LO, are you planning on having more children? Hopefully. This is our first, and DH would probably be content with one and done, but he's willing to try for one more since I've always wanted a big family. I think i could be content with one more, but I'll probably be secretly hoping for twins next time ;-)
  • Options
    Week 30: Summer Cantaloupe

Symptoms: HEARTBURN! and sore hips. Incredibly thirsty too - I'm drinking 120 oz of water a day (oy!).  

Rants/raves: My sore hips are making it a little hard to walk around at the office. My RANT is male coworkers that say, "Wow, not that much longer, right!?"  as if I was a week away from giving birth. I always say, Yeah just THREE MORE MONTHS!   Rave... prenatal yoga. LOVING the classes lately.  Helps me stay loose.

GTKY: After this LO, are you planning on having more children? Yes :) at least one more!

@mrsweldontobe - have you read the "Womanly Art of Breastfeeding"?  The first few chapters review natural birth
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @nicolepineapple - I have, but thanks for the suggestion!
  • Options
    Week/size: 28/eggplant.  3rd trimester is officially beginning!

Symptoms: Intermittent heartburn, constant rib pain. Sausage fingers and cankles, too 
    :'( 

Rants/raves: Lots of tears today while cleaning out the nursery.  Came across all my old college notes and papers, and I just can't justify keeping them anymore. I've only kept them this long because I thought I might go back for my masters and PhD someday (such was my life-long dream), but it's just not going to happen. I've been doing okay with listing all my old books from the classes I've taken on Half.com, but putting my notes in the "throw away" pile felt like officially closing the door on my dreams.  

Questions:

GTKY: After this LO, are you planning on having more children? I hope so!  We're hoping for at least two, and possibly 3.  Husband would go as far as 4 if we could afford it, but I'm not sold on being quite so outnumbered.  
  • Options

Week/size: 29 weeks! 

Symptoms: heartburn from spicy food, frequent urination, intermittent back pain

Rants/raves: My home is a mess! I have lots of things to do but I'd rather spend the weekend in bed. Being horizontal gives me so much comfort.

Questions: How often is too often for frequent urination? Going to the doctor's today for possible UTI :( 

GTKY: After this LO, are you planning on having more children? Maybe one more to give LO a playmate.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Week/Size: 28w/eggplant.. hey, third tri friends! We're here!

Symptoms: SPD pain has me feeling like I've been kicked in the vagina 100x. Heartburn/reflux has started. That SPD pain though.. 

Rants/Raves: DH works swing shift (5P-3A, 7P-5A) so he gets home obviously late. Today was DS's birthday party at 1P at my in-laws' house. DH never showed up. He went to bed at 7A and slept until 3;45 instead. I know he's tired, but 5 hours of sleep (sleep for 5, shower then drive to his parents in the next hour) is more than I get on many occasions, and is not an excuse to not show up to something important like that. He has no issue pulling an all nighters and staying up for video games. Dude, we're about to have a newborn in the house again. What in the world are you going to do? As for a rave, I got a major Craigslist haul tonight for baby gear at a great price! Made things a bit better.

Questions: N/A

GTKY: Yes, this is #2 and I think we will have at least 1 more, maybe 2. I don't want more than 4 though, unless God has a sense of humor and sticks me with twins (oh please, no!). The next one will definitely be closer in age to #2 than DD will be to DS (DS just turned 5). I'd like a fall 2018 babe maybe? 
  • Options
    kimey1kimey1 member
    edited January 2016
    @cmjenkies I totally get how upset you must've been. My hubs is a night owl himself but sometimes i wonder the same thing. How does he have "no issue pulling an all nighters and staying up for video games" but can't get his butt up for family events? Good thing it happens every once in a while. 
    Guys and videogames, sigh. :neutral: 

Anyways i might've landed a Baby K'Tan myself of craigslist. Woohoo!!
  • Options
    @cmjenkies my fiancé didn't show up for our gender reveal party until two hours after it started and a bunch of people already left. I was super distraught, but I had to keep my mom from killing him, so I guess my primal brain took over there lol. (His had more to do with not leaving work in time, and his manager being a complete ass I later found out)
  • Options
    Week/size: 31. Whooooooooo lives in a pineapple under da seaaa (omg I'm 5. no shame)

Symptoms: Oh good lord gas. Yikes. A lot of back pain at night and discomfort. Although the past week I've had record-breaking nights sleep-wise and have only gotten up to pee twice max each night. Win!

Rants/raves: This Saturday I'll be spending 11+ hours in the car driving to my parents house for my baby shower. Super excited to spend a week there but super DREADING the actual car ride by myself and the inevitable millions of pee breaks. So much to do this week to get myself ready and I haz no mojo to do it. Ugh.

GTKY: After this LO, are you planning on having more children? Definitely! This is our first. My DH wants to start trying basically ASAP right after I pop this sucker out and that is NOT happening haha. I'd like to wait at least a year before trying again. Guess we'll see whats in the cards for us!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @mrsweldontobe Husband-coached Childbirth is the book that the Bradley Method recommends. You may find it helpful. 
  • Options
    @mrsweldontobeI have only ever planned for medicated births, but have a friend who used generic relaxation/meditation techniques since Bradley classes were out of their budget and availability. You don't get instructions specific to childbirth, but there is a lot out there to help with breathing techniques and relaxation that you could practice with your husband.
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    @AK118 and @mrstrax thanks so much for both suggestions! I'll have to make a trip to the library soon.
  • Options
    Week/size: 29 - pineapple or big acorn squash 

Symptoms: sore back in the mornings, gas, somtimes bottomless pit hunger, nothing too bad though thankfully 

Rants/raves: I'm pretty unmotivated to get things ready. I'd rather spend my weekends cuddled with DH and my cats on the couch, marathoning Top Chef or Game of Thrones. 

Question: when the hell will this nesting thing kick in???? (More of a rhetorical question haha!)

GTKY:  We plan on having one more for a total of two. 
  • Options
    linzoirvlinzoirv member
    edited February 2016
    Week/size: 30/butternut squash

Symptoms: Heart burn and reflux issues; back pain; itchy/dry skin...

Rants/raves: I asked my mother to make me some peach cobbler, which she did. I picked it up today from her house. It tasted like crap and I almost threw up. I threw the whole dish away with its contents. I'm pissed because I've been wanting peach cobbler for a week now. My mom really dropped the ball on this one...

Questions: None.

No, we are planning on being "one and done." This LO will be our first and last!
  • Options
    Week/size: 30/Cucumber! 75% done!

Symptoms: reflux like crazy, gas gas gas, and the world's most persistent yeast infection. And my nausea's back. YUCK.

Rants/raves: My belly has gotten much larger this last two weeks and suddenly EVERYONE is commenting on it. I'm so not interested in talking about it, thanks! BUT I got a 3D ultrasound because they needed to look at his kidneys in more depth and got some really cute photos, even though he was dodging the paparazzi in there!

Questions: Nothing for now!

GTKY: After this LO, are you planning on having more children? I have no idea. Not more than one, that's for sure. We might adopt if we feel the need for more after that, but I just wouldn't feel right making more than that when there's so many out there who need families. Also, pregnancy isawful.
  • Options
    Week/size: 30/Cucumber! 75% done!

Symptoms: reflux like crazy, gas gas gas, and the world's most persistent yeast infection. And my nausea's back. YUCK.

Rants/raves: My belly has gotten much larger this last two weeks and suddenly EVERYONE is commenting on it. I'm so not interested in talking about it, thanks! BUT I got a 3D ultrasound because they needed to look at his kidneys in more depth and got some really cute photos, even though he was dodging the paparazzi in there!

Questions: Nothing for now!

GTKY: After this LO, are you planning on having more children? I have no idea. Not more than one, that's for sure. We might adopt if we feel the need for more after that, but I just wouldn't feel right making more than that when there's so many out there who need families. Also, pregnancy isawful.
    Ahhhh oh my goodness what a little sweetie you have!!! So cute!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Week/size: 31/pineapple!

Symptoms: tiredness, occasional lower backache/pelvic pain, mood swings, gas, lightening crotch.....and think I'll need a hip replacement by the end of this as my baby seems extremely dedicated to digging its way out, all hrs of the day and night, through both my sides and right hip.

Rants/raves: I don't believe we're all on the home stretch now! Only got 4 more weeks at work...now THAT is weird! This is actually happening ladies! We're all going to have babies!

GTKY: After this LO, are you planning on having more children? Hopefully so, as this is our first. Let's get this one delivered alive and healthy first though.
  • Options
    Week/size: Saturday marked 29 Weeks/ Acorn Squash... hey I think we back tracked again here Bump App...

Symptoms: Back pain and heart burn (I feel like a broken record)

Rants/raves: Well Friday I had my 3 hr GTT annnndddd it knocked me on my butt. I was woozy the whole time and afterward I felt worse when I ate, and I slept for a couple of hours before DH came home. Then we had to drive 3.5 hours to go see his family. I really didn't want to go because I was feeling like crap. But we went anyway. Unbeknownst to us, they were planning a round up this weekend (which DH was completely unprepared for) so he was gone all day, and his mom and grandma and I stayed back at the ranch and they slept. The next day I was feeling like crap again so I stayed in bed until we left... totally should have just skipped the trip. Oh and to top it off my test results came back... I passed two of the draws, but failed the other two... soooo now I need to call the Dr and see what's up. Hoping for just diet modification...  

Questions: None that I can think of

GTKY: After this LO, are you planning on having more children? DH says he wants 4 kids... I told him he's only getting two from me, ha ha. He would really love to start trying right away...
  • Options
    Week/size: 28/eggplant (holy crap, how is it already 3rd tri?!)

Symptoms: Heartburn, Sciatica, numbness in left foot, gas, I get super uncomfortable at night, but I'm not having any huge problems sleeping yet

Rants/raves: The chemicals in cleaning products bother me (asthma on top of sensitivity during pregnancy) so my mom came over yesterday and deep cleaned my entire master bathroom. I usually hate for her to come work at my house, but I didn't even care. My husband hadn't done it, and I couldn't handle anything strong enough to really clean it. It was glorious showering in a spotless shower this morning.  

Questions: Anyone else starting to get super nervous? I'm a FTM and don't have much experience with newborns so I'm a little worried about how I'll handle things when I get him home from the hospital. 

GTKY: After this LO, are you planning on having more children? We aren't sure yet. We want to see how we manage this little guy before we decide on #2. We know we definitely don't want more than 2 though.
  • Options
    g&tlewis said:
    Week/size: 28/eggplant (holy crap, how is it already 3rd tri?!)

Symptoms: Heartburn, Sciatica, numbness in left foot, gas, I get super uncomfortable at night, but I'm not having any huge problems sleeping yet

Rants/raves: The chemicals in cleaning products bother me (asthma on top of sensitivity during pregnancy) so my mom came over yesterday and deep cleaned my entire master bathroom. I usually hate for her to come work at my house, but I didn't even care. My husband hadn't done it, and I couldn't handle anything strong enough to really clean it. It was glorious showering in a spotless shower this morning.  

Questions: Anyone else starting to get super nervous? I'm a FTM and don't have much experience with newborns so I'm a little worried about how I'll handle things when I get him home from the hospital. 

GTKY: After this LO, are you planning on having more children? We aren't sure yet. We want to see how we manage this little guy before we decide on #2. We know we definitely don't want more than 2 though.
    Honestly, the fact that you're nervous means that you're taking this responsibility seriously enough! Every baby is a HUGE change, but baby #1 changes *everything* - and that's a steep learning curve for anyone. Try to find a Baby Basics type class at your hospital to ease your mind about the basics (diapering, soothing methods etc) but otherwise, cut yourself some slack and remember that it will be hard. Being stressed and feeling out of your element is totally normal (unless you reach PPD/A level, but even that is really common) and has no say in your ability to care for your child. Ask for and accept help, be intentional about looking for the little victories in the bad days and know that you will sleep/eat/shower again :) You can do it Momma! 
    Anniversary