July 2015 Moms
Options

Working out!

n3na94n3na94 member
edited January 2016 in July 2015 Moms
Hi mamas! Any BF mamas working out or exercising and if so what do you do, Zumba , Pilates, etc... That won't affect your supply!? Thanks in advance! 

Re: Working out!

• Options
    I do bar method, which is a mix of Pilates using modified dance moves at a ballet bar. Super fun and challenging. Love the workout. Perfect for new moms "problem areas"-works arms, core, thighs, and butt! I haven't noticed it affecting my supply. 6 months and going strong!
  • Options
    @lilyan1522, that sounds fun. Can it be done with the back of a chair? I hate working out and none of the dance workouts have held my interest. So basically I'm saying I'm cheap and I don't want to buy a ballet bar if I'm not going to stick to it. Lol. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lilyan1522 that sounds so much fun and thank God! I was gifted a membership to Gold's gym for an entire year and they have Pilates so I will definitely check it out! Thanks again!  :)
  • Options
    I do lots of yoga. There are tons of free videos on DoYogaWithMe.com
    Read about my motherhood journey and more at http://hallidaynelson.com/
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

TTGP July Siggy Challenge: Summer Fails
  • Options
    I know they have ballet barre DVDs if you want to check it out! I'm sure you could get away with the back of a chair...sometimes you need to hold onto the bar but you could skip those moves.
  • Options
    When DD was sleeping more I was doing Blogilates everyday and loved it and the results, no difference in milk supply either. There's an app you can download and it has a calendar with daily workouts, one is a calendar for beginners. It's broken down into short videos which I love cuz if baby gets fussy I can stop and pick it back up later. Usually it's a stretching/yoga video and then a video or two targeting a specific area using Pilates or light cardio. She's fun, she kicks my butt, and usually under 30 minutes!

I must admit since I went back to work and baby isn't taking as many naps I haven't been doing it, but I miss it and need to figure out how to fit it into my day!

• Options
    I no longer BF but I have gone back to my regular workout with fitnessblender.com and am seeing results. I used their videos before i got pregnant and loved them. Its all at home and tons of different typed of workouts. 
  • Options
    I second fitness blender. Love them. I'm still BFing and haven't had a problem with my supply. But then again, I'm not doing strenuous workouts bc im always exhausted.