August 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 1/23

Didn't see one, so I thought I would start one for this week!

Also, is there a normal height for cribs? I feel like everything I see online seems really short.

Re: Weekly Randoms 1/23

• Options
    AliKay20AliKay20 member
    edited January 2016
    I brushed my teeth and got in bed only to realize this intense angry hunger leaving me no choice but to head to the kitchen.

I had leftover cooked thin spaghetti noodles in the fridge. Threw some marinara sauce and melted butter on it (I know, spontaneous idea to throw that in there) and scarfed it down just now while watching Fixer Upper. No regrets! Well, we'll see tomorrow...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My OB intake appt was yesterday. Took blood, but no ultrasound :( i was hoping to see the little nugget again! (They did a transvaginal US the week 2 weeks before, when i found out at a dr appt that i was prego) has a fast heart beat - 173 bpm.

Curious as to how many ladies are going for the genetic testing and what their thoughts are. This is my first pregnancy so I just would like to hear from the other moms to help clear my thoughts :smiley:
  • Options
    tmk0325tmk0325 member
    edited January 2016
    @morgankottre44 there is a genetic testing post a few down on the board.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @DressageDarling I think ours is about 3 ft maybe, the mattress moves up and down, the older they get the lower you put it so they can't climb out!
  • Options

My OB intake appt was yesterday. Took blood, but no ultrasound :( i was hoping to see the little nugget again! (They did a transvaginal US the week 2 weeks before, when i found out at a dr appt that i was prego) has a fast heart beat - 173 bpm.

Curious as to how many ladies are going for the genetic testing and what their thoughts are. This is my first pregnancy so I just would like to hear from the other moms to help clear my thoughts :smiley:

I wasn't going to do the genetic testing, but after doing research and calling my insurance company. The testing is covered and I would rather test and be on the safe side than to try to figure out if something is wrong when the baby is born. Preventative measures ;).

I have having weird and vivid dreams, but they have ALL been nightmares! What the heck?

Pregnancy20ticker

• Options
    carolinwcarolinw member
    edited January 2016
    Any STMs out there who can tell me if relief from the first-tri nausea comes abruptly or gradually? I wake up every day hoping that it's completely gone, but only seems to be getting worse for me. Is there really a chance that I can wake up one day and feel complete relief for good?!
  • Options
    carolinw said:
    Any STMs out there who can tell me if relief from the first-tri nausea comes abruptly or gradually? I wake up every day hoping that it's completely gone, but only seems to be getting worse for me. Is there really a chance that I can wake up one day and feel complete relief for good?!
    How far along are you? mine peaked at 9 weeks, by 12 it was pretty much gone. But some lucky ladies experience it all pregnancy :(

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    @texasmama2014 well... you HOPE they can't climb out. There are definitely videos of me doing exactly that... I'm really hoping Karma doesn't remember what a terror I was.

• Options
    @Allisun85 Well, so far my 19 month old stays in... But most aren't so lucky.  I was blessed with a baby who isn't much of a climber! ... yet.
  • Options
    @carolinw I feel like mine was pretty abrupt, but it wasn't ever really that bad?
  • Options
    @morgankottre44 We went in for my 12 week appointment yesterday and opted to do the genetic testing. I don't think it was even an option when I had my daughter (she's almost 5) but I could be wrong. Either way, we're definitely doing it, partially for peace of mind, and partially (mostly) because it tells you the gender!
    Me: 25  DH: 28

Hubby's little boy - my wonderful step-son - born 5/23/10
    BFP#1: 06/2010...my beautiful baby girl born 3/7/2011
    BFP #2: 10/24/15...mc on 10/31/15
    BFP #3: 11/27/15. EDD 8/6/16

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill
  • Options
    @Carolinw I had it pretty bad until around 20 weeks. It went away gradually but my appetite didn't come back until 2 weeks postpartum. Hopefully yours will just disappear at the beginning of the second trimester (or sooner).

I'm hoping I get my appetite back this time. I'm so tired of looking at things I used to love and getting nauseous.
  • Options
    babaylobabaylo member
    edited January 2016
    I'm 10 weeks 4 days, and my nausea is getting worse :s . Hoping the 12 week is magic !
  • Options
    Nausea and exhaustion still kicking my butt. I am so behind in my work, but I just sit at my desk and zone out. 10 weeks tomorrow and hopeful just another week or 2 of this...

I went to yoga last night for the first time in 6 weeks. I actually didn't go to work so I figured maybe I would have enough energy. And I only made it halfway before I laid down in child's pose and then shavasana... hey at least I tried...

Getting hard keeping this a secret and I am slowly telling people. Hoping the next appt at 12 weeks will give me peace of mind to start sharing the news. 

I have a call with a Bradley Method instructor tonight. Anyone else looking into this?

Me - 33; DH - 33
    Dating 1/18/06
    Married 9/21/13
    BFP #1 12/15/15 - C Born 8/27/16
    BFP #2 1/10/20 - EDD 9/8/20

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @Bubblegum5586 I'm looking into the Bradley Method classes too... I'm really interested but hubby isn't convinced it's worth $300. We'll see...
  • Options
    @court5608 - Surprisingly the price didn't seem to bother H. He was just questioning more why we needed a class. I explained to him I don't know anything about child birth and I know he knows less then me.
    H: You push the baby out your vagina
    Me: Oh yea... but when do you do that?
    H: When your 10 cm dilated
    Me: Oh yea and what is dilated?.... Waiting for silence...
    H: Your cervix 

Haha obviously there is still so much more to it but I was shocked even knew that! But I told him I would get more information before we make a decision!

Me - 33; DH - 33
    Dating 1/18/06
    Married 9/21/13

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Consensus on airport body scanners? Has anyone asked their OB? I went through one not even thinking early on but know many pregnant people avoid them, just curious if anyone's doctor recommended this. I am traveling this weekend and forgot to ask my doctor and don't want to be that person who calls with random questions like that.
  • Options
    @crob5685 when traveling with my baby, I wasn't able to go through them. This tells me that you probably shouldn't go through it while pregnant either. No research or science to back that up that is just my feeling.
  • Options
    @crob5685 when I was pregnant with DS I had to fly a couple of times and my doctor said it wasn't an issue as long as it wasn't a consistent thing (like multiple times a month). I believe that people who travel a lot while pregnant can choose an alternative (like the handheld scanner etc).

@Bubblegum5586 I just asked my husband if he knew what dialated while in labor and it took 3 guesses for him to come up with it... Keep in mind we have a child, he came to the child birth class and was present through the entire birth... So I say it's pretty impressive that your husband knew that! Or it's just pathetic that my husband doesn't....

• Options
    How do you create one of those cute signatures at the bottom that tells how far along you are and other fun things? 
    Thanks!
  • Options
    @jskarr7 I googled for them, but the knot has one. You can search for "ticker" and it should come up. It will generate a code. When you go to edit your siggy, on the far right there is a <\> symbol. Click on that and that is where you will paste the code.

I am awful at keeping secrets, so now that I've heard the baby a couple of times I am feeling pretty good about this baby and have started telling more coworkers. It's been fun!

Pregnancy20ticker

• Options
    MSUgrad12 said:
    @jskarr7 I googled for them, but the knot has one. You can search for "ticker" and it should come up. It will generate a code. When you go to edit your siggy, on the far right there is a <\> symbol. Click on that and that is where you will paste the code. I am awful at keeping secrets, so now that I've heard the baby a couple of times I am feeling pretty good about this baby and have started telling more coworkers. It's been fun!
    Me too! Like every few days I tell another friend! Really trying to wait until my 12 week appt though! (less then 2 weeks!!!!)

Me - 33; DH - 33
    Dating 1/18/06
    Married 9/21/13

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    DH and I elected to have the genetic testing done, which will tell us if we're having a girl or boy. The appointment was on Tuesday and they said it'll take 7-10 days to get the results back. I am so excited to find out! AND to get the peace of mind if the genetic test results come back good, though I'm not worried at this point.
    Me: 25  DH: 28

Hubby's little boy - my wonderful step-son - born 5/23/10
    BFP#1: 06/2010...my beautiful baby girl born 3/7/2011
    BFP #2: 10/24/15...mc on 10/31/15
    BFP #3: 11/27/15. EDD 8/6/16

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill
  • Options
    I'm in a waiting area at a dentist's office and this women walks in with an infant and two older sons. She's holding the baby and playing on her phone and this old lady next to her was like "you know the radiation emitted by cell phones is really bad for babies." The woman politely just goes "oh really?" I kind of laugh because I'm thinking "can't wait for that magic" she looks at me at goes "it's true, you wouldn't stand next to a radio tower." I really just wanted to say "it looks like she's already raised two kids without your advice."

Pregnancy20ticker

• Options
    @Bookhousegirl YAY! That's awesome news!!!!
  • Options
    Can I get some ideas for DH's bday next week??  We live near Dallas, so thats open... Not sure what to do, ideas appreciated-- baby friendly, or not!
  • Options
    @texasmama2014 I usually just take DH to a brewery. He loves trying new beers and going on a tour of the place. I don't know how many are out your way. We are in Wisconsin so there are several by us. 
  • Options
    @Bookhousegirl

that's great! Yay!

Pregnancy20ticker

• Options
    @texasmama2014 What does he like?  My husband is pretty quiet, so he usually just wants a yummy dinner and a cake.  Have you seen the Parks and Rec episode where Ron Swanson's party is watching a war movie, eating a steak, and drinking alone?  I once asked my DH if he'd like that and he was pretty interested in the idea, lol. 

A day in the city might be fun, if he is more the type that likes to get out and do things.  You could also do a dinner where you go one place for appetizers, another for the main course, and a third place for dessert.  I always think trying new places is fun. 

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • Options
    @Fremdschamen He likes to do things... I wish he was like Ron Swanson and just wanted to be left alone, I am the Ron Swanson in our relationship.  

I like the restaurant crawl idea!!  We love food...
  • Options
    I have had an awful time sleeping. I'll sleep 2-4 hours, have to pee then can't go back to sleep. Last night I went to bed at ten and woke up at midnight, this Is when my DH came to bed. After an hour I got up and he asked what was wrong. I explained, "I know this is weird, but I'm starving and want a bowl of cereal." That was a great bowl of cereal. 

I am am going to get a massage today for the first time in forever and I am so excited!!

Pregnancy20ticker

• Options
    I am so irritated with DH right now and I'm not even sure why. I literally just want to claw his eyes out right now and he isn't even awake. I have the overwhelming desire to just get in the car and drive to my mom's without telling him where I'm going. Hormones are a bitch. 
  • Options
    I am normally a huge sleeper but I can no longer sleep like I used to!  Since about 6 weeks I've had an issue that once I walk up I can't go back to sleep.  When my husband wakes up before me and his alarm goes off I can't go back to sleep, sometimes when I get up to pee I can't go back to sleep.  And I'm not a naper.  Argh! Guess my body is getting me ready for motherhood...
  • Options
    @Wolfie646 me too!!!! I used to be able to sleep through pretty much anything especially through the night, but now I'm up around 4 am (give or take) at least 3 or 4 mornings a week. I'm up for a good 2 hours before I can fall back asleep. Thankfully I am not working at the moment or I'd be in a world of hurt! I'm hoping it gets better in the 2nd trimester!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    jskarr7jskarr7 member
    edited February 2016