October 2015 Moms
Options

Spit up like a fountain

Last weekend my 3 month old had some stomach bug - he couldn't keep anything down and temp at one point was 102.3. Since then he's much better but he just threw up/spit up his entire bottle about an hour after having it. I thought the bug was causing it but now I have no idea! Does anyone else have this problem?? It literally flows out like a fountain! He's on Gerber Goodstart Gentle formula and hasn't had any problems until last weekend. 

Re: Spit up like a fountain

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Do you recall what happened before he threw up ? My daughter will projectile vomit if I change her diaper after she eats. Like literally everything she ate comes back up poor baby. 

I have to wait at least 30-40 minutes after she eats to even let her lay down to play or diaper change even go in the car seat. She has to be sitting up to let her tummy settle - the sit me up seat has been a life saver for her to be able to have fun after she eats and not throw up - it's a win win lol 

I'm sorry that happened to your baby :disappointed: it's the worst 
  • Options
    We're on the same formula and she does the same thing if I move her too soon after eating.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well it just happened again. I fed him almost an hour and a half ago and kept him upright the whole time. He slept on me for awhile, changed his diaper, and then he fussed for a bit and then was just laying on me. Then it all came up. I don't know what to do!
  • Options
    I brought it up to our pedi at her 2 month check-up. She actually did it in front of her, but she said she's gaining weight perfectly so it's more of a laundry issue than medical. She told us she'll outgrow her as her esophagus and digestive system matures. She was doing this like 15-20 times a day but now it's down to
    maybe 5. We always have a receiving blanket across our shoulders and chests because we know it's coming we just don't know when. 
  • Options
    Sounds just like our little guy. I would suggest trying Dr Brown bottles as that's the only thing that has helped our guy keep more down. We still use the size 1 nipples too to help. He's on Zantac because he was getting really mad after feedings and when burping and he Zantac lessens his pain. The doctor said it usually peaks between 4-6 months and should resolve between 9-12 months. It's a pain with so much laundry but we can all get through this!
  • Options
    BryDienta said:
    Sounds just like our little guy. I would suggest trying Dr Brown bottles as that's the only thing that has helped our guy keep more down. We still use the size 1 nipples too to help. He's on Zantac because he was getting really mad after feedings and when burping and he Zantac lessens his pain. The doctor said it usually peaks between 4-6 months and should resolve between 9-12 months. It's a pain with so much laundry but we can all get through this!
    We use Dr. Brown's as well and still on the preemie nipples. Also, we only use ready to feed Gerber Gentle. 
  • Options
    Wow. 15-20 times a day?! I couldn't imagine! We've only used the lansinoh momma bottle. It's the only one he'll take but I'm willing to try dr Browns again! I've also wondered about switching to soy formula but will definitely talk to his pediatrician about it  
  • Options
    Potential Silent reflux? DD has GERD and we supplement at night with Nutramigen- works wonders for us but does smell something awful- some babies reject it so I would ask your pedi for a sample can. Curious to see what your pedi says.