July 2015 Moms
Options

11 hours of sleep a night

I was reading that a 6-12 month old baby should be getting 11 house of uninterrupted sleep a night. This made me laugh....uninterrupted? My LO still wakes at night. How many hours if your LO getting a night? I work and have to be up in the morning between 8-7am. So she should be down by 8pm which we do put her down then, but on nights like tonight for some reason she woke up and won't go back down! She probably won't till 10. Then I get all worried bc I think she's not getting enough sleep!

Re: 11 hours of sleep a night

• Options
    My son wakes up to nurse anywhere from 2 to 5 times a night and sometimes he goes to sleep around 8 and other times until 10
  • Options
    Our daughter wakes up 1-2 times throughout the night and during the day, she takes short 15-30 minute power naps.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO will sleep from 7 to 6:30 - 7:30. She does wake up 3 times a night still. After feeding her I can put her back in her crib and she will fall back asleep. For her bed time routine (always at the same time), we change diaper, lotion, brush teeth, get pj's on, then read a book. She is still getting feed before bed. I am slowly shortening the time for how long I feed her. Then I place her in bed. Most of the time she will fall asleep without a fight, but sometimes she will cry. Those times we'll let get cry and go in every 20 mins to rub her tummy. For feedings I can just put her in her crib after and she'll fall back asleep with no trouble.

For naps, she is very hard most times to get asleep. She is still sleeping in my arms and will sleep 30 mins to an hour and a half.
  • Options
    11 uninterrupted hours!?!?!? OH please!! But as they say every baby is different! My LO wakes up 1-3 times at nights eats for a few mins then right back to sleep. She sleeps between 9/10pm to 5/6am with very short (30 mins or less) naps throughout the day.
  • Options
    who came up with the nonsense? I have a great sleeper and even he doesn't sleep 100 hours uninterrupted. We get 8 or 9 at the most. 
  • Options
    VTomanVToman member
    edited January 2016
    My LO does get about 10 hrs of sleep a night. I assume it's uninterrupted because if she does wake up, she doesnt fuss or cry. I know how blessed I am - she's been sleeping thru the night since about 7 weeks.
  • Options
    I'm lucky if my LO goes 4 hours at night without waking up
  • Options
    Mine just started sleeping through the night routinely. She is going down at 7 and waking up at 6 so she is sleeping 11 hrs.
  • Options
    Mine goes down at 6:30 (she's too exhausted to make it to 7) and gets up at 6 or 6:30. She wakes up 1x for a bottle. She's not a great napper at all so thankful she's getting 12 hours of sleep at night. (She pretty much sleep drinks the bottle)
  • Options
    My first slept about 11 hours straight at that age. My second will occasionally but typically it's about 7-8. Sleep training helps!