May 2016 Moms
Options

induce @ 39 weeks

I am 47 and 26 weeks pregnant (all natural) with my 6th child... 28,23,22,18 and14. My doctor recommended getting induced at 39 weeks because theres a high risk of still birth between 39 and 40 weeks for women 40+ years old. Anyone else?

Re: induce @ 39 weeks

• Options
    baby6at47 said:
    I am 47 and 26 weeks pregnant (all natural) with my 6th child... 28,23,22,18 and14. My doctor recommended getting induced at 39 weeks because theres a high risk of still birth between 39 and 40 weeks for women 40+ years old. Anyone else?
    I don't know anything about this, but it might be a good question for one of the main boards like 3rd Tri so you have more people that might possibly see it who are in a similar situation.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I don't have experience with this either but wanted to throw in to maybe ask the high risk board as well. GL I hope it all works out
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sure if you google search "Inducing early because of maternal age" you'll find many decisions on this topic. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would definitely research this as much as possible so  you can make an informed decision and you ensure you don't get induced for no very good reason. 

• Options
    I think there may even be a board for moms who are pregnant over 40? That's probably a good place to ask. 39 weeks doesn't sound unreasonable, but I Don't have experience with that so I don't want to say either way. Good luck! 
  • Options
    My Doula has posted an article (not written by her) on her FB page. You might find it interesting (or not). 

https://www.sarawickham.com/birthillogics/birthillogics-1-induction-for-advanced-maternal-age/

• Options
    Exactly.