July 2015 Moms

1st birthday party

DH keeps telling me that I need to start thinking about what I want to do for Our LO first birthday party. I have no idea lol

Do any of you ladies have thought about your LO first bday?

Re: 1st birthday party

• I was posting this right now!!! Lol I've been thinking of ideas but I'm going to allow for his personality to come out a little more since it's just beginning to.! Once I know what he likes I'll decide ! But I'm excited :blush:
  • We already have the date mentally set. It will be a week before she actually turns one. I know I want to do a DIY pinata, a birthday cake, and lots of balloons. I haven't decided on a theme. I want to do something she'll like instead of the regular generic stuff. Like the PP, I want to wait until she shows more interest before planning more.

Also, my family has never met her. So we are actually driving 10+ hours to visit my family for the first time. I'm soooooo glad my family gets to meet her on the week of her birthday.
  • Loading the player...
  • AKOL0 said:

We already have the date mentally set. It will be a week before she actually turns one. I know I want to do a DIY pinata, a birthday cake, and lots of balloons. I haven't decided on a theme. I want to do something she'll like instead of the regular generic stuff. Like the PP, I want to wait until she shows more interest before planning more.

Also, my family has never met her. So we are actually driving 10+ hours to visit my family for the first time. I'm soooooo glad my family gets to meet her on the week of her birthday.

Aww that's the perfect time to meet her!! Hope everything goes good!! I know you and your family must be super excited!
  • n3na94n3na94 member
    edited January 2016
    Leahauc said:

Wow y'all are so far ahead of me. I feel like such an underachiever, I can't even remember to do monthly pictures much less already be planning her first birthday!!!

You have time mama! The most important thing is the memories that are being made between you and your little one and that they are being recorded in her heart and yours! :smile:
  • lindseystanslindseystans member
    edited January 2016
    I just started thinking about this this week bc a friend of mine already has her baby's first birthday planned for June! My LO was born July 7 so we'll have her party the weekend after the 4th of July. For the theme I have no idea...all I know is it will be at my parents bc they have a pool and it will be 100 degrees here in Houston!
  • I just started thinking about this this week bc a friend of mine already has her baby's first birthday planned for June! My LO was born July 7 so we'll have her party the weekend after the 4th of July. For the theme I have no idea...all I know is it will be at my parents bc they have a pool and it will be 100 degrees here in Houston!

My son is also July 7th!!!
  • We are doing a good morning sunshine brunch on her actual birthday. I haven't started detailed planning but I've known the theme since my other kids turned 1. When planning their first birthday party, I always said if I ever had a girl I wanted to do a girly pink and yellow brunch!
  • We are having a rainbow theme :) im from hawaii so the first bday party is important. We are having a small party where we live which is utah and a big luau in Hawaii after her bday. Decor- rainbow things!! Garland, Bday sign, tabletop covers, garland, balloons and I'm going to hang pictures of her and make it look like the clouds. Food- PLENTY :) and we are going to do cupcakes in a shape of a rainbow and a cake. Favors are already set, they are going to be edible and rainbow pencils. Can't wait!!
  • I have not even thought of anything yet! LO's birthday is the same time and my SO's yearly family reunion so i'm sure it will be tons of fun!
  • Not even on my radar.

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

• My son's birthday is July 4th and LO is July 2nd!! He's turning 7 and she'll be 1. Not quite sure how I'm gonna work this out. Lol
  • n3na94 said:

I just started thinking about this this week bc a friend of mine already has her baby's first birthday planned for June! My LO was born July 7 so we'll have her party the weekend after the 4th of July. For the theme I have no idea...all I know is it will be at my parents bc they have a pool and it will be 100 degrees here in Houston!

My son is also July 7th!!! </blockquote

My son is July 8th. His party will be July 9 because I work every weekend and requested that weekend off right when I got back from maternity leave. I told everyone it would be then too. I'm starting to plan a little but can't figure out what I want to do! I might do a carnival theme. My husband couldn't care less about the theme lol

• I'm glad to see I'm not the only momma thinking of this already, lol!  

We have a pool and a decent-sized yard, so I know it will be at our house.  July in Arizona is hot, hot, hot, but we'll open the pool, put up our canopy tents in the yard and see how it goes.  I am hoping for a BIG party!  Chloe's birthday is the 6th, so I can either have it the weekend before or the weekend after since the 6th is a Wednesday.  I am already excited, lol!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm in the process of figuring out how to make building shaped cupcakes so my little man can be Godzilla and destroy the city!
  • Bella's birthday is July 20th. And I am doing a tea party Alice in wonderland theme! Making a lot of decor myself such as signs and hats and picture props! It should be a blast!
  • My niece's 1st birthday party is in a few weeks so I have already started planning LO's as well! We are doing a polka dot theme and I am super excited about it!
  • andrawrmeda2andrawrmeda2 member
    edited January 2016
    My little guy is July 8th, an hour and 10 minutes earlier, he would have been the 7th! He was stubborn as all get out lol I have been seriously stressing about his first birthday because I really want it to go good. My biggest worry is honestly my fiance's family. They really aren't big on people they don't know, and I do not want to have 2 birthday parties. But I have a feeling that they will decide to throw one for just their family, because that's what they did for the baby shower, which was fine. I also know if we do that, I won't get to have a hand in planning that one, and I don't like that idea. I wanted to do a Cars theme, because that's what I want to do my little guys room as, but he really is too little for me to know what he wants...I really am lost on this planning thing..or overthinking it..

• AKOL0 said:

We already have the date mentally set. It will be a week before she actually turns one. I know I want to do a DIY pinata, a birthday cake, and lots of balloons. I haven't decided on a theme. I want to do something she'll like instead of the regular generic stuff. Like the PP, I want to wait until she shows more interest before planning more.

I know I said we were going to wait until she shows an interest, but my husband came up with a wonderful idea. Dinosaur!!! She has a playmat with dinosaurs and a book of dinosaurs. I was reading her the book the other afternoon and she really enjoyed it. Yay I can start really planning.
  • I didn't really plan to throw a 'party' actually. I'm going to make a cake and we'll invite my in-laws over for dinner. I wonder if I'm not doing enough
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • sgb721 said:

I didn't really plan to throw a 'party' actually. I'm going to make a cake and we'll invite my in-laws over for dinner. I wonder if I'm not doing enough

The important thing is you're celebrating. No need to make a production out of it.

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

• I really thought I was crazy planning my little ones party his birthday is July 5, so I am think to do his birthday party July 3rd and then everyone is off on the 4th. Have no idea what the theme will be but I am thinking maybe a Safari because that's his bedroom theme.
  • I saved the last two weeks of my baby bonding time for LO's birthday, which is July 24. This will give me enough time to prep! One of his nicknames has been "monster" and so his Sesame Street character is, of course, Cookie Monster... So I'm thinking that will be the theme!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• You all are so far ahead of me! We weee probably just gonna do a small pizza, cake and ice cream thing with family at our house and that's it. We'll save the big parties for when she can remember. I haven't even thought about having a "theme."
  • My LO's also July 24th, was just thinking of having a garden party,BBQ, hire a bouncy castle and have close family and friends