December 2015 Moms

Stretch Marks

When I searched, the only thread I located was about what to put on during pregnancy to prevent them.

I am wondering if anyone has found successful results with a product that diminishes then once you have them.

The interesting thing is that pregnant, I didn't have a single one on my belly. At least none visible (and I looked closely.) Well now I've lost all the weight, back into my regular clothes but my stomach skin looks so stretched/loose that it looks like stretch marks! I plan on toning my stomach back this spring and intend on wearing my bikinis this summer but even if I tone back up, I'm afraid these marks/loose skin won't go away! I'm a very petite woman (115, 5'1) and I gave birth to a football player (nearly 10 lb boy, lol) so my stomach was HUGE at 40 weeks. I also had a c section if that matters.

Has anyone has success with a product? Am I doomed needing laser?

Re: Stretch Marks

• I am following along here hoping someone has an answer. I used Burt's Bees Mama Oil during my pregnancy and didn't get any marks... Until 41 weeks! I keep wondering if I had gone into labor on time if I could have avoided them entirely. (I also had a c section and baby that weighed over 10 pounds)
  • I used Mederma with my first and it made them significantly lighter. I haven't put anything on yet with this one but plan to grab some soon. They weren't gone though just lighter. 
  • Loading the player...
  • A couple tablespoons of coconut oil in the bath.
  • Coconut oil ftw!
  • I think as our stomachs tighten back up they will decrease in appearance, and I'm using bio oil but I doubt it will do much. I've had my consult for laser and thinking I will do it in a few months. She suggested waiting until my skin is tighter and they fade a bit. But not to wait too long because when they are fresh they are easier to treat.
  • What do you plan to do to tone? I am going to have to do something too...
  • Thank you ladies!

@mltarrio we have big babies! :)

@Cejiml I have heard of Mederma, just didn't know anyone who used it to vouch for it. Anything that helps!

@kelseyofanne and @ArielleRene It natural enough, I will try it in conjunction.

@Evvi121515 good to know? How long did they tell you to wait? Approx? 3mos? I really want to avoid laser but if by May it still looks like this I will have no choice.

@littlebitmom Before pregnancy, I worked 50-60+ hours a week so my time was very limited (I can't imagine now when I go back AND have a baby :neutral: )therefore HIIT worked best for me. 15-20 mins daily, 6 times a week. I personally loved online gyms because again of my crazy schedule. Zuzkalight.com is whom I followed. Weightloss is easy in the sense that its a no brainer (80% is what we put in our mouths) tonining requires a multitude of things;cardio, weight or strength training, and muscle confusion if you want fast results. Its why I love HIIT. 15 and youre done. Takes me about 2 and a half months to be where I want to be for the summer.
  • I'm in the same boat, c-section as well. I used Body Boost stretch mark butter from destination maternity during my pregnancy. I'm hoping if i continue to use it now that my incision is healed it will help tighten me up. It says " collagen & elastin firming"...fingers crossed lol.  Have you been working out again yet with your online gym? If so, how has your tummy/incision been feeling?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My ob told me that it takes a while (6 months) but they will fade. Keeping my fingers crossed and using Palmers cocoa butter.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm in the same boat, c-section as well. I used Body Boost stretch mark butter from destination maternity during my pregnancy. I'm hoping if i continue to use it now that my incision is healed it will help tighten me up. It says " collagen & elastin firming"...fingers crossed lol.  Have you been working out again yet with your online gym? If so, how has your tummy/incision been feeling?
    @missamiissssaa I have not. I am starting this weekend now that I am 8 weeks PP. I'm a little nervous. I know my stomach muscles are healed on the outside, I just don't want to hurt anything on the inside. My incision feels fine. It took nearly 6 weeks to feel normal, but I got there. Yours?
  • @angelicac06 I have been feeling pretty good as well, I am also 8 weeks PP so I hope everything is okay to start! I think I'm going to start with some of her beginning work outs (I absolutely love they are only 20 min or less) and see how I feel during. I think if we go slow, take our time (not worry about getting it all done in 20 min) and listen to our bodies we will be okay :) 
  • I've been using coconut oil. Straight on my stomach right after the shower, then I wrap my belly in the bellybinder. They are significantly lighter, though you should probably come to terms with the fact that not ALL of them will go away, that way you can be pleasantly surprised and accomplished.
  • When does skin tighten up??
  • @angelicac06 she said to wait about 6ish months 
  • @momotheflyinglemur I probably do. Since I wrote this I do feel like they look better. I probably just need to patient and help the process with mederma and coconut oil. :smile: 

@missamiissssaa yes may are less than 15 and the work out is amazing. So much to choose from depending on your work out preference and comfort. Keep me posted if you try any and how you feel.

@taylovesbrad motherofdragon says he ob said 6 months. I haven't inquired with mine. I'm hoping it happens sooner. 

@Evvi121515 I guess thats enough time to see how much dimished. 
  • My grandmother just told me that she used to break open vitamin e capsules and rub that into them.... And it worked amazingly!! Victims e enriched lotion may work just as well. 
  • A pharmacist told me to use this caffeine lotion on them by Vichy. He said it was safe while breastfeeding. So far no difference on my large stretch marks, but on the small ones, they literally disappear for hours after using it! I'm hoping one day they'll disappear for good.