October 2016 Moms

Nursery Themes?

Hi hi hi! Ok, so I know it is still SO early, but I'm nesting and, hey, it's fun to think about... Anyone have nursery theme ideas? We're thinking either Outer Space or Vintage Disney. If we do vintage disney it would have to be super subtle. Anyone else have ideas yet?
Me: 31 | DH: 43
BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18

Re: Nursery Themes?

• I don't have a theme in mind; but if I have a girl her nursery will be pink and gold.  Our boy's nursery will be navy, green, and gray.  I've seen lots of cute ideas on Pinterest.
  • If it is a girl (Fingers crossed, I always told my DH I wanted a girl and the Lunar Calendar posted earlier agrees!), It will be purple and grey. For a Boy? Probably blue and grey. I love grey. But definitely star wars...I already have the rug picked out. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • von1976von1976 member
    edited January 2016
    We're Team Green (finally, yay!) so I picked out a unisex nursery set I liked and we're going with that. We probably won't paint the walls of the nursery because we'll be moving a few months after the baby is born. But the fabric features a tree and owls, and is brown, green, blue, yellow,and orange.

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• We will be in a 1 bedroom apartment for most of baby's first year, so no nursery for us. But, I'm leaning towards zoo themed items. :)
  • @mrshudson2014 I am in love with grey nurseries too! I think a pale pink and grey for a girl and pale blue and grey for a boy. I already decided I want a grey crib, decided that before ttc as well! I am really into the feathers and dreamcatchers for a nursery, just so peaceful and light. I have also played with the idea of stars as well since that's my favorite shape. I originally thought I would do a baby snoopy room since I am obsessed with The Peanuts, grown woman here with stuffed animals and pajamas with snoopy on them! But the more I think about it the more I want to keep it simple since their nursery would be in our smallest bedroom.
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @SnobunnieMel I LOVE Harry Potter, I'm jealous!! :)

We're going to have a classic Winnie the Pooh theme with light yellow walls, and probably sage green accent.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I like color schemes more than themes, really. For DS, whether he was a girl or a boy, his nursery was going to look something like this:

It was my favorite room in our old house. Now that we've moved I haven't redecorated his new room because I can't find something I like more than this. Le sigh.

I can't think of nursery ideas for baby #2 yet though. After the first tri I will

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• @lilylover27 I love the whole feather and dreamcatcher thing, but my husband really wants a theme... I was like "Can't 'boho chic' be a theme?" Maybe our next baby! 
    @SnobunnieMel We were thinking Harry Potter too before we decided on these two options! SO MANY great pinterest ideas!
  • If we have a girl, I'm going to go with a Little Mermaid theme but not in a bright pink and purple way. I'm going to keep it pastel and subtle. I haven't put too much thought into a boy's nursery.

• @MrsHudson2014 and @lilylover27 I'm also into the more muted gray theme. I'm thinking gray and cream and then will have subtle touches of pale blue or pink depending on the sex of the baby. I want it to be a little serene baby haven. 
  • I'm really set on Calvin and Hobbes. 
    TTGP August Siggy Challenge: Best Movie Insults
    AbominationStupid head

Lilo and Stitch (2002)     
  • I'm really set on Calvin and Hobbes. 
    This is perfect! I always loved that comic as a kid. Now I'm totally sad about our complete lack of a nursery. 
  • I think I need to stay off Pinterest so early. Totally in love with doing a Pixar Up nursery too. Lots of bright colors and "adventure awaits" 
  • I know I said I couldn't think about it yet, but I think I fell in love with beach themed nurseries (NOT nautical themed) complete with DIY sea glass mobiles. We just moved a half mile from the beach and I love all the beachy colors!

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• We're team green this time around, and we'll probably do greys and creams like we did with dd.  Similar to what you said @lilylover27 we'll probably accent with pinks/floral if it's a girl, or navy/mint if it's a boy.  We're reusing our grey rocker and dd's dresser is in the new nursery for now (but it's embossed with floral wallpaper, so we'll buy a new dresser if this one is a boy).  First pic is dd's nursery, 2nd is similar to what we might do for this baby's.  Getting wainscoting installed in a couple weeks!  I'm a planner, haha.

@SnobunnieMel I'm OBSESSED with Harry Potter, H is not a fan though so he'd never go for it.  But that would be awesome!

Baby BOY due 10-8-16
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Hi hi! I love this topic! I love neutrals! Beige walls and contrasting it with pastel purple if it's a girl or pastel green for a boy! The bedroom is already painted the neutral beige so all we have to do is clear out the guest bed and other random items and convert it to the baby's room! 
  • Oh man, I would love to do neutrals, but my husband hates neutrals and wants color. We really are polar opposites. If it's a girl, I think we'll end up with turquoise, coral and yellow, which I'm happy with, and vintage disney prints framed on the walls...Very subtle Disney. If it's a boy, I have no idea, but the husband is convinced it's a girl!

• _darth_darth member
    edited January 2016
    br0co1ii said:
    I'm really set on Calvin and Hobbes. 
    This is perfect! I always loved that comic as a kid. Now I'm totally sad about our complete lack of a nursery. 
    Don't be sad! Calvin and Hobbes make good companions for a toddler's room, too. :)

ETA: We are also renting right now, so I can't paint the huge mural of my dreams, but look at the thing this person did:

I'm copying that, but with a different picture for each season, so I can just swap them out. Something like this with nice frames that are size appropriate to your current space can still let you have a themed baby area within a room.
    TTGP August Siggy Challenge: Best Movie Insults
    AbominationStupid head

Lilo and Stitch (2002)     
  • I tried to think about this but got overwhelmed. I'll worry about it when I know the sex.

L- EDD: 11/11/12 Born: 11/18/12
    Expecting 2.0 - EDD: 10/5/16
  • I think I am pretty set on a nursery design. For a girl I want lavender & mint colors. With a beach/little mermaid theme. 

If if we have a boy DH definitely wants a football theme. He loves football 

• @mlamanna12 those are two of my pinned nursery inspirations too!  I love the idea of a neutral colored nursery. I'm thinking right now that I want the gender to be a surprise, but either way I prefer gender neutral colors.  I want it to be a calming, relaxing space.  We already have the paint color for the walls, it's called sea salt and its a gorgeous pale greenish bluish gray. Very beachy.  I also really want a huge sheepskin rug for the nursery!
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• @joyful08 ooooooh I love the mint and lavender!
  • We're major hikers so we're calling it a hiker-baby theme  ;)

green grass, trees, blue skies, prairie yellow, buffalo, deer, chipmunk, birds....

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker