February 2016 Moms

Who does that?!

geojam224geojam224 member
edited January 2016 in February 2016 Moms
@acmw21 This is a virtual b*tch slap in regards to this horsesh*t on the CHATTER FREE Birth Stories Thread:

acmw21 said:
I have yet to read one storey here of a natural or drug free birth. 
QFP btw.

1. Chatter Free means no comments. Especially rude, mom-shaming ones. The point of that thread is to link your birth story, or just tell it, with maybe a picture if you want of your new squish, and Love Its are the only responses those posts should get. The first girl that said Congratulations got called out for breaking the rules of chatter free, and you just Mom-shamed, which deserves it's own special kind of call-out because it is UNACCEPTABLE on a Mommy board.

2. How these babies enter this world safely is the decision of the mother and the medical staff. Especially considering it isn't even February yet, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE BABIES are EARLY, which may indicate some kind of intervention. It is not your decision or your place to judge a woman on how she brings a healthy child into this world. Shame on you.

3. Just because you decide that a "Natural or drug free birth" is what you want doesn't mean it's what everybody else wants for themselves or that it's superior to any other birth, or *GASP* that YOU might even get a natural or drug free birth!! S*** happens sometimes and child birth is no joke. Before modern medicine when all we had were natural and drug free child births, moms and babies DIED. A lot. So congratulations on your chosen birth plan; I'm sure a lot of these women and others have a similar one, but be open-minded and understand that it doesn't always happen and you have to be prepared for curve balls.

Ultimately keeping mom and baby safe and healthy is the end goal and be effing respectful of how it happens. Damn. 

Congratulations to all the moms that have given birth so far. You are a WARRIOR, regardless of how your baby came, and I am in AWE of every single one of these stories! Keep them coming!
Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Who does that?!

• Couldn't have said it better!
  • Yea I agree with you. Totally stuck up and horrible thing to say. Good response!

• Loading the player...
  • Jellybelly119Jellybelly119 member
    edited January 2016
    @acmw21 Shame on you! 

Edit: gif fail.
    Shame on TB app too! 
  • Well said @geojam224
  • Best thing to wake up to this morning!!!! Nicely done!!
  • @geojam224 already said it all, but still, WTAF. It's not even February yet and we already have so many precious babies. Can't wait to see the rest as the month goes on and hear about all of the miraculous birth stories of all varieties. 
  • AdventureMamaAdventureMama member
    edited January 2016

Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16
  • @surferP528 you took the words out of my teacher mouth! Totally agree with this thread and thanks @geojam224 for saying it perfectly! 
  • I'd like to be extra snarky and say that the word "story" is on first grade spelling tests and is not that hard.
    Thank you. Also true.
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • She must have missed the memo... opinions are like a**holes.... everybody's got one!! Doesn't necessarily mean we want to hear hers. 

Love all all the birth stories! Seeing all those sweet faces is a constant reminder of what I am doing this for. 38w2d and I'm so ready to meet my little girl!! 

Great job to all the mama's who have shared their stories and good luck to everyone that is still patiently (or trying to be) waiting! 
  • She's just mad because her baby isn't here and all of ours are going to stay/be significantly cuter. :wink: 
  • Ugh bless you. I saw that comment earlier when I was taking one of my early morning pee breaks, and it's absolute trash. All these babies were born early, it's not like women want to have their babies early. Sometimes it's necessary though. What I am glad for are all the babies being healthy (probably due to the interventions anyways, thanks doctors who know best!).

Also, most of the babies already born are twins, which I guess OP hasn't had or researched at any point.

• thisusernamethisusername member
    edited February 2016
    Also just wanted to throw out there that having my FIRST baby at term, but still early to me  since she wasn't ready, via c-section because my blood pressure was bordering heart attack ranges, SHOULD have been terrifying.. But seeing all the other moms in similar situations on one post, with beautiful babies and knowing mine would soon be there .. Is really peaceful. I wasn't nervous at all about her health and safety because I was reading all these post before I went in.  No one has even gotten to their due date yet so obviously 90% of us couldn't follow the original birth plan. 
  • She must have missed the memo... opinions are like a**holes.... everybody's got one!! Doesn't necessarily mean we want to hear hers
    And they all stink!
  • Preach sister. I had to refrain from putting her on blast because it's chatter free and I'm not an ahole. Kudos for your post! 
  • I'm so tempted to ETA on my post putting her on blast!

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • What's even more baffling is she doesn't even seem to belong to a BMB. From her very very limited posting on TB.. She just lurks and chimes in with a bitchy comment on our board. Very strange.. Did she think that comment would actually go over well?!  :|
    Married: 8/25/12
    Started TTC: 1/1/14
    BFP: 6/1/15
    Baby Girl Athena Born: 2/7/16

• Amen to that!
  • @geojam224 Thankyou.. Couldn't have said it better myself! 
  • I feel like to make such a comment is really tempting fate, as none of us know how our situation is going to unfold. I don't know anything about the person who made the comment, but it certainly seems like she doesn't have much experience with the birth process. I hope her delivery is safe and all goes well, and that afterward she offers an apology for her naive, stupid comment. 
  • I'm so glad that someone called her out!! Seriously, what a rude and unnecessary comment to post on a CHATTER FREE birth story board?! And who the heck is she anyway?? I've never seen her post anything else on here but that. I wanted to reply to her comment, but didn't want to taint the birth story board any more than she already had. I bet Murphy's law is gonna get her and she'll be begging for an epidural when her day comes.
    October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
    Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Nicely said! Took the words right out of my mouth....Keep rocking those birth stories mammas! You are all warriors and these babies are precious! loving the pics and stories!

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • She's just mad because her baby isn't here and all of ours are going to stay/be significantly cuter. :wink: 
    Don't think it was necessary to bring her unborn babe into it. Not cool. I'm sure he or she will be just as beautiful as all of our babies!

Mommy to my Angel baby Domenico Anjelo M/C 11 weeks 12/20/2014
    C/P 4/15/2015 5 weeks
    BFP 6/15 /15 Due: 2/25/16

• I didn't see if she wrote more than what was posted on here. But why is everyone getting so upset?  We all could be taking it the wrong way. Yes it's chatter free but it doesn't seem like she's intentionally trying to pissed anyone off. Some babies are already born, some coming near. Let's focus on the good! Who's with me?!

C/P 4/15/2015 5 weeks

• RRC216 said:
    I didn't see if she wrote more than what was posted on here. But why is everyone getting so upset?  We all could be taking it the wrong way. Yes it's chatter free but it doesn't seem like she's intentionally trying to pissed anyone off. Some babies are already born, some coming near. Let's focus on the good! Who's with me?!
    What good intent could possibly be behind that comment? That's a serious question.
    Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16
  • RRC216 said:
    I didn't see if she wrote more than what was posted on here. But why is everyone getting so upset?  We all could be taking it the wrong way. Yes it's chatter free but it doesn't seem like she's intentionally trying to pissed anyone off. Some babies are already born, some coming near. Let's focus on the good! Who's with me?!
    Why does there seriously have to be a white knight for everything. Seriously. She screwed up and tried to mama shame. Double dumb mistake. 
  • @AdventureMamaI don't think she meant good intentions by that comment but some ppl don't think before they speak. Also maybe it was an observation.  
      @AchaeAs for the white Knight comment, lol its funny. Ppl seem to use that term when someone doesn't agree with the rest of the group. It's called my own opinion. People are making it into a big deal. To me, I really don't care what she thinks. My focus is on my pregnancy and my baby. Not someone else's observation.  I have more important things to stress about. 

C/P 4/15/2015 5 weeks

• RRC216 said:
    It was definitely meant to be rude. She's had like 3 comments ever and they were all post and ghost. It's MUD for sure.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"