Infertility
Options

If you did a FET

1)How many cycles after your retrieval cycle did you do your FET? Does it matter how many you wait (assuming there isn't a specific reason you are waiting)

2)What progesterone were you on? I know there are lots of different ones, (oral, vaginal and injections) Curious if there is a big difference between them and which you were on.

Thanks

Re: If you did a FET

• Options
    I waited 2 cycles. It should be only been 1 but the holidays interfered so it ended up being 2. It worked out well though because I felt like my body had plenty of time to recover from the stims. Also my doctor prescribed me the progesterone injections. Kind of tough cause my butt in sore and bruised but it's effective and absorbs quickly. Good luck on your journey!
  • Options
    I went right into an FET cycle after a fresh IVF transfer failed.  They let me get started on meds for FET right away as soon as I got my period. 

I'm using PIO.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    2 cycles for me. They did an endometrial activation during the in between cycle. I am on the endometrin vaginal suppositories this tjme. I was on crinone during the fresh cycle. I'm not exactly sure of the reason they switched me to endometrin this time. 
  • Options
    Hi, I waited 1 cycle. I could start right away, but due to the holidays and me feeling I needed a break from all the hormones I decided to skip one cycle.
    Im using suppositories 3 times a day 100mg

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    I also started an FET cycle right after my failed fresh transfer. For the fresh transfer I was on vaginal progesterone and for the FET, and my current FET, I was on PIO. From transfer to transfer I was one day short of 7 weeks between the fresh and the FET. This time I'll probably be right around 8 weeks since my previous transfer as I did an extra half week of bcps and AF took her time in showing up after my BFN. I think the biggest difference in progesterone types is how well the body absorbs them. Mine didn't do great with the inserts and did very well with the injections.

Best of luck!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Options
    I'm from SAIF. My fresh was canceled b/c of OHSS. I had two cycles before my FET.
    ~ Everyone Welcome ~
    TTC: 05/2011 Me: 32, All Clear DH: 38 Dx: MFI Low Testosterone & 1% Morphology
    IVF #1 w/ICSI & IMSI, 12/03/12: ER: 27R, 20M, 15F
    4 blasts frozen (3BA 4BA 4BB 5BB) b/c of moderate OHSS
    FET #1: 02/08/13 Transferred 3BA & 4BA | HPT 5dp5dt BFP!

10dp5dt Beta #1 - 810 | 12dp5dt Beta #2 - 1843 BabyFetus Ticker