2nd Trimester
Options

bad breath?

Ok... this is the first physical thing I've posted about pregnancy and I hope I'm safe among fellow bumpies.  I've been pretty lucky so far in that much has not changed about my body.  A little bigger boobs and a small bump are about it at 23 weeks, so I can't really complain much.  One thing I have noticed, however, is that even though I still brush twice a day and floss 3-4 times a week, I feel like no matter what I wake up with the worst morning breath I've ever experienced!  It feels dry and sticky, and just plain yuck! Does this mean something?  Am I not drinking enough water?  Am I not eating the right foods?  Or is this just one of those pregnancy things you just have to deal with?  Any thoughts out there?

Re: bad breath?

• Options
    You're probably breathing through your mouth at night due to congestion. Not much you can do but keep brushing.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    meggyme said:

You're probably breathing through your mouth at night due to congestion. Not much you can do but keep brushing.

yeah, this. sounds like you're breathing through your mouth more. not too sure what you can do about that. maybe speak with your doctor/dentist about options..?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You may have tonsil stones. I had them with my last pregnancy and they cause bad breath! Google it! 
  • Options
    *lurking from first tri*  Ditto what PP said--- esp if you have tonsil stones floss every day... Less bacteria to feed back there.  And they are normal, some people have them, some  don't.  
    BFP 5/22/12, MC 6/6/12 (cp) BFP 10/16/13, EDD June 28, 2014 - baby J arrived 6/19/14! ** #2-- BFP 12/5/15, EDD August 17, 2016 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker ***************************** Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I usually have tonsil stones, but with pregnancy they have really started popping up. It is annoying and really can cause bad breath. 
  • Options
    Sorry honey, not much you can do. Just keep up with good oral care and drink lots of water.
  • Options
    I found drinking lots of water and using mouth wash has helped me as well as breathe right strips so that I can breathe more easily through my nose ! Good luck!
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing