September 2015 Moms
Options

Non- Coffee Drinkers

Where do you get your energy in the morning? I've really been struggling this week and need something

Re: Non- Coffee Drinkers

• Options
    Green tea and oatmeal :smile:

Full disclosure, I love coffee but I also love tea haha
  • Options
    I used to drink one soda per day but quit cold turkey a few months ago.  Haven't found anything that helps tiredness in the morning other than opportunistic napping (as soon as #4 and #5 take an afternoon nap, I lay down too).
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Vitamin B...big time! 
  • Options
    Healthy diet, 3 meals a day and small snacks. LOTS of water.
  • Options
    I do take a daily vitamin plus vitamin D and an iron supplement but I definitely need to eat better. I'm so tired and focused on feeding the baby that I didn't even get myself a drink until 4 this afternoon and I haven't eaten anything besides a packaged breakfast biscuit. It's so hard to make sure I eat 3 meals and snacks
  • Options
    Are you not drinking coffee bc of the caffeine? 
  • Options
    I'm allergic to caffeine and struggle in the mornings.
    I find that a quick shower helps me wake up and also eating a decent breakfast. I have been craving anything sweet (due to lack of sleep I'm presuming) and could inhale a whole block of chocolate quite happily so have been eating lots of fruit as snacks throughout the day to dull down the need for sugar!
  • Options
    @Bognes I'm just not a coffee drinker. I don't like the taste or the smell. I wish I did lol
  • Options
    B vitamins boost energy for sure.  Eating on the glycemic index helps.  I drink coffee but sometimes a glass of cold water, a banana and a multivitamin does the trick.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    There are lots of flavored teas that have caffeine. Iced tea too. Coconut water has a lot of potassium. 
  • Options
    Advocare Spark, it's tasty and def helps on the days when I am dragging. I usually have it before I work out before work and it lasts me til lunch. $50 a canister and there's about 42 servings. 
  • Options
    Have you tried a chai tea latte? We cut out dairy and a lot of sweeteners as a part of our diet revival and I had to give up my coffee creamer. I haven't completely given up coffee, but have a coconut milk chai tea as well and it saves my morning at work. Starbucks offers coconut milk too so it's a nice treat if I'm out and about. Tazo and Oregon Chai are my favorite mixes at the store. 
  • Options
    I know it's horrible, and I'm basically embarrassed to admit it, but I drink diet Mountain Dew.  Most sodas have too much carbonation for me,  I also drink some amazing full leaf green tea.  There's also a really good berry tea from Tazo.  I'm a little bit of a tea addict, but in the morning, it's a green smoothie, then Mountain Dew.  
  • Options
    Have you tried a chai tea latte? We cut out dairy and a lot of sweeteners as a part of our diet revival and I had to give up my coffee creamer. I haven't completely given up coffee, but have a coconut milk chai tea as well and it saves my morning at work. Starbucks offers coconut milk too so it's a nice treat if I'm out and about. Tazo and Oregon Chai are my favorite mixes at the store. 
    Omg yes! Tazo and Starbucks Oprah vanilla chai latte's are my favorite thing ever. I haven't found a box of Tazo's vanilla chai tea bags or k-cups anywhere. Tazo sells the the tea concentrate that you mix with milk, but the one store I knew that sold it no longer does! That's what I did when I was working out of the house. I definitely need to find it again 
  • Options
    Dr. Pepper.  Seriously, its awful but I need the caffeine and I hate the taste of coffee or tea. 
  • Options
    I love coffee and tea. I didn't drink soda very often because of bloat and sugar, but when I do it's a fountain cherry Coke. YUMMY! 
  • Options
    ElleMF728 said:
    Dr. Pepper.  Seriously, its awful but I need the caffeine and I hate the taste of coffee or tea. 

Ugh, that used to be my favorite!  Must stay on the wagon....
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • Options
    Black tea, diet coke, and (though I'm ashamed) red bull. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.
  • Options
    Omg yes! Tazo and Starbucks Oprah vanilla chai latte's are my favorite thing ever. I haven't found a box of Tazo's vanilla chai tea bags or k-cups anywhere. Tazo sells the the tea concentrate that you mix with milk, but the one store I knew that sold it no longer does! That's what I did when I was working out of the house. I definitely need to find it again 
    Yes you do! I just bought another box today after work so I could have a nice warm cup tonight. You could always order it off Amazon!
  • Options
    I like coffee but I also do tea and Chai tea is sooo good. The tazo concentrate is awesome mixed with some skim milk. Most grocery stores carry it, look in the coffee aisle it's in a box the size of chicken stock lol 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I like coffee but I also do tea and Chai tea is sooo good. The tazo concentrate is awesome mixed with some skim milk. Most grocery stores carry it, look in the coffee aisle it's in a box the size of chicken stock lol 
    That's what I was using but I can't find it anywhere anymore!!
  • Options
    5 hr energy it's mostly vitamins
  • Options
    I can't drink caffeine due to anxiey/panic (giant sad face) and I've found that 6 oz of juice in the morning really wakes me up. I've also read that apples are really good as well.
  • Options
    I'm truly amazed at mommies that make it without caffeine! By the 3rd kid, coffee is basically for survival. 
  • Options
    @PinkPrincessPiper I'm barely surviving!
  • Options
    I used to have a pretty big energy drink addiction
  • Options
    I'm not a coffee drinker. I never have been. I fill my Vera Bradley tumbler with cold water throughout the day and that seems to satisfy me as boring as it is. I find once I really cut down my carb intake I have a lot more energy. Not to say I'm not tired, but not as tired if that makes any sense. 
  • Options
    I heard that an apple first thing in the morning does the same effect as a coffee. I didn't try it cuz I love coffee too much but if I couldn't have my coffee I would definitely try that before any pop (soda) or redbull (any of those energy drink) 
  • Options
    I'm going to order my tea online I guess. I'm not a carbonated drink fan and only crave soda while on my period. Mountain Dew is just delicious haha