February 2016 Moms

I had a 10 pound baby! Natural!

Janelle was born! It was an easy labor, considering. Even though labor isn't easy, lol. I had my bloody show around 9p.m. Thursday night,. Contractions started a few minutes before that but they were spaced out and bearable. I took a hot shower around 10:30 and they started to speed up as soon as i got my clothes on, to about 7-5 minutes, then 5-3 then 3-2...all of this at home. Around 1a.m. I called an ambulance because I knew it would get us to the hospital asap...when we got there I was 9.5cm and they took us to the delivery room. The doctor asked to rupture the amniotic sac and i told him yes. There was meconium so he told me to push with the next contraction. I knew how painful this part was so I pushed as hard as humanly possible, swore I could feel myself tearing, and felt her head pop out. Then they told me to keep pushing. Which I found odd because they usually make you wait for the next contraction. Turned out she came out face first and her shoulder got stuck, something called shoilder dystocia. Everyone got pretty serious and there was a bunch of people trying to turn her and pull my legs way back to open my pelvis (my groin muscles are wrecked!) But after only two minutes of pushing she was here and she didn't recieve any injuries. Surprisingly, neither did I. Not a single tear. 
This all happened in half an hour.
She's got such a fat face its beautiful :')
So little (lol) miss Jannelle was born 1/29/16 at 2:11a.m. weighing 10lbs 2oz, 23 inches. I'll add a picture when i have my other phone back...hubby is still making all kinds of calls. I'm surprised you didn't  know yet! Lol

Re: I had a 10 pound baby! Natural!