August 2016 Moms
Options

Revive the High Risk Check-In?

Just scheduled my cerclage for next Wednesday (IC), and I'm feeling nervous! It dawned on me that the high risk check-in fizzled out in December. I would love to bring it back and have that fellowship and support within our BMB. Anyone else interested?

Re: Revive the High Risk Check-In?

• Options
    I'm in.  I was the one originally posting, but there didn't seeme to be much response.  I'd love for it to come back!!
  • Options
    I have IC too and my cerclage goes in Feb 17 at 13 weeks. To be honest, I am excited for this milestone bc once it's in I enjoy my pregnancy more and relax. This is my third cerclage.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had my cerclage placed Tuesday at 13wks. This is my fourth cerclage and I was still nervous. It is now two days post surgery and I'm still in pain especially if I stand or sit for more than 5 mins. So all I will do is lay lay and lay lol. The good news is I have weekly cervical checks and will be going this Tuesday. Before surgery I asked the dr to check my cervical length. I got the we do not check at this gestation speech blah blah blah. I said I know you don't but for my peace of mind please check it. They did and prior to stitch it was 2.9 I was surprised. After cerclage it was 3.6 so I'm happy with that. The first night home I couldn't sleep having nightmares that something would go wrong. My anxiety gets the best of me at times. I am glad there is this thread so I can vent and you all can relate.
  • Options
    skelly70skelly70 member
    edited January 2016
    I'm so glad I'm not alone! Let's start on Monday to honor the board protocol for weekly posts. In the meantime, you all are in my thoughts. 

For or those who have had a cerclage before, what was your recovery like? I have a toddler at home, so I'm trying to figure out what kind of help to line up from the family. 

Edited to clarify: I don't wish a high risk pregnancy on anyone, but it's helpful to go through something difficult with others who have dealt with similar issues. 
  • Options
    I was told not to lift more than a gallon of milk for a week.  Lots of floor time.  I was only on restriction for the first week after.  He cleared me for everything after that.
  • Options
    I had my first MFM visit and everything looked great! They plan to evaluate my cervical length at 16, 18, 20, and 22 weeks. As long as it is all great, they'll see me monthly. If it is shortening at all, we'll be exploring options such as progesterone injections.
    Married 09/2014
    BFP #1 11/19/15 | DS 07/16/2016
    BFP #2 09/03/17 | EDD 05/17/2018
  • Options
    @skelly70  for all of mine I would say a week. Then I'm put on pelvic rest my cervix is very dynamic and can change suddenly. I will be having weekly cervical checks starting Tuesday. 
  • Options
    I am totally down, I've been MIA from this board since I've been at doctors a lot lately. Just had my cerclage done 1/27. 
    Allie

Married Since - 11.19.2012
    Daughter Born - 10.16.2013

Angel Twin Boys - 07.03.2014
    Baby #2 Due - 08.21.2016
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @Igem4

Good luck tomorrow.  Let us know how you are feeling after the procedure.