December 2015 Moms

Water Intake?

If you are BF in any way how much water are you actually drinking per day? I'm finding it difficult to be consistent day to day.The only thing helping me right now is keeping my big water bottle next to me while feeding DS (BF or bottle) and chugging while I can, but I don't always keep track of how much I'm drinking per hour or how many times I refill the bottle. 

Re: Water Intake?

• I do the same but it's not exactly up there on my priorities. Either I'm busy with DD or doing chores so I don't think about it or I've gotten a break and am only thinking about relaxing.  
  • I keep my water bottle that the hospital gave me by my side at all times. I try to drink a lot but it is hard! I refill it probably 3-4 times per day. Not sure how many ounces it holds.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a 32 oz Bubba water bottle that a friend got me when I got home from the hospital. I love it! It's got a rubber like straw. BPA free. I aim for 3 in the day and 1 overnight. At a minimum I try to get half my body weight in oz, but ultimately I want to get more. BFing makes me soooo thirsty, so it hasn't been an issue. I also get paranoid that my supply will drop if I don't drink enough.
  • I have a 16 oz cup that I tryyyy to chug after every feeding and refill. I also attempt to try drink one or two when she sleeps but I often fail at drinking cause I choose sleep food or something else instead. 
  • I drink at least 3 litres a day, I always feel thirsty but never hungry!
  • I refill my water bottle several times a day. I also drink way too much La Croix
  • Nowhere near what I should!!! Maybe 3 bottle of water? :neutral: chugging water desperately as I type this::
  • Probably not enough, honestly. I bought a camelbak hydration pack and wear that while i nurse which helps. But the thing goes stagnant so often, my god.. I'm always bleaching that out which is just one more chore on the list. When it's soaking, I keep a water bottle on hand in almost every room of the house. I also make sure it's on the side opposite the breast Olive is feeding on because I only have use of one hand max at any time during feeding. I need to keep a hand on my breast at all times and often on her head too or she just slides off or somehow loses the plot. It's frustrating. 

I know i eat a lot of "watery" foods - soups, vegetables, fruit etc. So i'm sure i'm getting hydrated from the food i'm eating too. But i worry that i'm not drinking enough water. 
  • I'm pretty sure we all struggle a little with keeping up with what we are "supposed " to be drinking. I'm not good with it myself but my husband recently bought me a decorated water bottle to motivate me to drink more. It's bright so I notice it and it reminds me to chug! Refilling maybe 4 times a day, if that. 
  • I bought my self a 32 oz bubba water bottle too about a week ago because I know I haven't been drinking as much as I should. Seeing it definitely helps me drink more.