January 2016 Moms

Outfits

What are your favorite LO outfits? I've learned that I hate newborn pants. They are unnecessary and only cause further diaper change frustration.

DS is typically in snap onsies but I would love to hear what works best for you.

Re: Outfits

• I love the gowns personally. DS likes to curl his feet up inside the gown and it's so much easier to get him in and out of them. Plus it makes diaper changes a lot easier. I don't mind putting him in a onesie and pants, but I want to rip baby socks into shreds whenever I try to deal with them. He just kicks them off 5 seconds later anyways so I don't know why I ever bother
  • Zipper sleepers and the onsies with the fold over mittens. My favorite outfit combo used to be (DS has pretty much now just outgrown NB size and they don't make them with these after that) Carters cotton sleepers because they had the fold over mittens and a short sleeve onsie underneath.  

I am just starting to put him in onsies and pant sets.  I have a TON of clothes for him and I feel like I have to at least appease those who've spent the money on them as well as myself by putting him in something other than a sleeper all of the time.  Even if we rarely leave the house.  I have to take his socks and put them over his pants because they come off within 5 seconds of putting them on too.  
  • Loading the player...
  • DS is usually just in a onesie and socks.
    Unless we go out on an adventure, then I dress him according to the weather - long sleeved onsie, pants, socks and hat.. He HATES mittens.

Socks however can go somewhere else, they ALWAYS fall off his feet. He doesn't even have to work at kicking them off - he wears them once then they are "magically" too big and fall off easily
  • Love zipper or snap sleepers...that's pretty much all he wears right now. They are warm and comfy for him and easy to deal with his multiple diaper changes. Other outfits are worn on occasion but just aren't as convenient.
  • DS absolutely does not like to have his feet covered. Footie pajamas are a no go. No to socks. Not even gowns. He spends most of his time in a onesie only. Night and day. He's a Florida boy, through and through!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • @scornwell717 She is a doll! How cute. I would totally be broke and probably divorced if I had a girl, lol.  DH would KILL me with the amount of stuff I'd just "had to have" if I had a daughter.
  • I'm all about simple. I hate anything that goes over baby's head, so she pretty exclusively wears snap-front or zipper onesies. Baby pants are also the worst. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @scornwell717 we don't even have to go anywhere or have visitors for the bows to come out... I bought more today! I need a higher paying job to support my habit ;)

I'm loving onesies with the fold over mittens. Brynlee's hands/wrists are too tiny to keep mittens on. Same with her darn socks! How can my now 8 lb+ baby still have hands and feet that are too small for newborn stuff?! I just bought a pack of preemie socks hoping they might stay on...
  • @kaym6 and @teachmegs817 thank you!!! Luckily everything I have was either a gift or a hand-me-down :smiley: 
    And @BarrettJ89 my mom and I had a field day at babies r us the other day cause they were having an amazing sale and she needed more newborn clothes cause she's growing too slow!!
  • My girl HATES mittens too. I think her Dad seriously blows a fuse whenever I pull them out to try and put them on her. Bc they're off in 30 seconds. Our favorite for her is simply onesies and swaddles. Both the pods as well as muslin wraps. She's such a calm babes. Her legs are always crossed as well and up in frog position (which is how I was too so I find it adorable), which makes the swaddles perfect. 
  • kmo8986kmo8986 member
    edited January 2016
    Those of you who are struggling to find socks small enough.  The carters for target brand new born socks are super small, they seem to be working great for my girl with skinny feet and ankles.  

We like to get dressed once a day.  Mostly just a onesie and pants, a bow if we are going out or having visitors  :-)
  • Zip up sleepers are everything right now. (I feel like I have gotten lazy with outfits. DD was ALWAYS dressed up. DS gets jammies)

But today we branched out to a onesie and pants. 
  • Grace213 said:
    Zip up sleepers are everything right now. (I feel like I have gotten lazy with outfits. DD was ALWAYS dressed up. DS gets jammies)

This thread did briefly inspire me to put LO in a onesie and pants today as well! I realized I can put the onesie on legs first, which makes it a little easier. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We're all about the footie PJs in the day, and Swaddle pods at night. Outfits are cute but I didn't buy any in newborn, and very few in 0-3 because I knew with the Winter hibernation mode and tiredness we'd not want to be bothered. 

When he's a tad older though, I can't wait to start playing around with cute outfits, I love baby overalls!
  • My little one is usually in zip footies during the day and a onesie and sleep sack swaddle at night. The swaddle has been a life saver for getting him to sleep in his bassinet!
  • Grace213 said:
    Zip up sleepers are everything right now. (I feel like I have gotten lazy with outfits. DD was ALWAYS dressed up. DS gets jammies)

This thread did briefly inspire me to put LO in a onesie and pants today as well! I realized I can put the onesie on legs first, which makes it a little easier. 
    Ended up venturing out to go grocery shopping and he went right back into a zippered sleeper. Haha!
  • @BarrettJ89 omg Abby has a pair of overalls for the summer that I CANNOT wait to put her in!!! So damn cute
  • @scornwell717 baby overalls are seriously the best thing ever once the baby is crawling. So much easier to get hold of and redirect. 
  • I just ordered Griffin his first pair of Osh'Kosh overalls for summer and I can not wait to put him in them.  They came today in the mail. So darn cute!
  • Serious question: 
    its 60 degrees outside and this momma is itching to go outside and walk... How do I dress DS? 
    I was thinking short-sleeved onsie and pants with a lite blanket over his legs.. Would that be too hot? 
  • @carlyhammond depends how you're going to take him stroller or carrier/sling? If it's in a stroller I would do long sleeve, pants, socks, hat, medium blanket. You always want one layer more than you would wear yourself. When we do walks I use our carrier so she's right up against me, I keep it to onesie with socks and if it's chilly I'll do a hat, but that's bc I'm using an ergo carrier with the infant insert so it has crazy insulation and she's resting against my chest.