February 2016 Moms

Good morning ladies ;)

Nothing like 4 hours of "sleep" to kick off the weekend, ey ladies? Here's to wishing that even though I might have gotten an hour and a half of sleep, that I will still be able to finish cleaning the house, not fall asleep at lunch with friends, and organize everything in our bed room and nursery.

Anything you ladies are planning on getting done with beautiful sleep deprivation? ;)

Re: Good morning ladies ;)

• Cleaning out our van and installing the baby's car seat. I would love just to go back to bed but laying down just hurts my back. 
    Praying this is our take home baby. STICK TURKEY Mommy will miss you everyday my beautiful angel. We love you Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers M/C on 1/05/11 at 11 weeks.
  • Finishing up baby shower thank you's and trying to get ahead on homework, so that when baby comes it's one less thing to worry about. 

Oh... and nagging the husband today to clean the stovetop and bathroom!
  • Loading the player...
  • Still not in labor as I so badly want to be. Have to go to work for the next 6 hours, put on a happy face, and tell all my tables "yes, I really am 38 weeks pregnant" and my coworkers "no, I really haven't popped yet". So done with my job!!! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD

• I PLAN on doing the dishes (loading the dishwasher haha), a couple loads of laundry, writing out a couple thank you's, and vacuuming. All things that have been on my list all week. So what I'll probably end up doing is laying on my couch (although it also hurts my back) snuggling with my dogs, bumping, and watching trash tv. 

I read a blog on Pinterest not too long ago saying that pregnant women were lazy (written by a guy) and it pissed me off. Looking at myself right now, I'm a lazy pregnant woman. Although, I would never admit that to H. Hahaha. The struggle!
  • I will be making strawberry pancakes for breakfast as my daughter keeps asking for them apparently. Except I realized I have no eggs so I either try an eggless recipe or send my husband on yet another errand... Poor guy went out last night to get me strawberries and I assured him I had everything for the recipe. And then I woke in the middle of the night going "oh crap eggs!"
  • I plan on doing the dishes (why are they so hard to do right now?!), washing and folding laundry, making a donation trip to Goodwill (and why do we have so much crap?), going to the grocery store, and work on the nursery some more. 
    Just typing out today's to-do list makes me want a nap. DS is in a "mommy look at this!" stage so snoozing on the couch while he watches TV isn't even an option. Wah!

• Cleaning and more cleaning. I am officially on leave (yay!) so I'd like to get the house squared away while DH is home so there's less for me to try to get done next week by myself. 

• I have the same problem ! Was awake from 2-5am wishing I could just get up and run the vacuum without waking everyone up. In addition to that I'm hoping to install car seats and do the rest of the general cleaning ... 
  • Worst nights sleep ever last night. My cat wanted nothing but to lay directly on my hips and refused to take no for an answer. Baby was laying weird and I had crazy back pain in my right side like super duper period cramps. Just wide awake from 2:45-5ish.

I feel like a zombie but it's DH's 30th birthday today so I have a happy game face on! Inlaws coming over any minute so I spent the morning cleaning the house while DH watched tv and played video games. If I can make it through today, I can make it through 2 more weeks until LO is finally here! The light at the end of the tunnel is birthday cake ;)
  • You look adorable @MississippiCatfish ! What is with people commenting on size?! I had two co-workers ask if I was sure I was measuring big enough for 38 weeks on Wednesday
  • @MississippiCatfish you look great! I did have someone say to me this afternoon "you can't only have three weeks to go- you're too small" I've gained about 25lbs and feel like a cow, so I see where you are coming from- but you do look great! 
  • I can't lie, I have been sleeping so well (9 hours a night- waking up once or twice to use the restroom). I know some of you want to punch me for saying that lol, I keep waiting for the insomnia to kick in. I'm loving the sleep, but I'm scared for once baby gets here going from 9 hours of sleep a night to 4 hours in a whole day lol. 

Today i walked around the farm (husband is a wheat farmer + has cattle) and the husband and dog. We live in WA state and it was 40 degrees with sunshine felt like 70* lol. Then I washed the bedding, swept+ mopped rewarded myself with a 100000calorie coffee drink, got home and re folded all the babies clothes ( I have an obsene amount of newborn clothes- she probably won't be able to wear half of it before she grows out of it but oh well!! I also washed the dogs nose prints off my car windows (does this happen to anyone else?

Now, I'm spent! 
  • hnull said:
    @MississippiCatfish you look great! I did have someone say to me this afternoon "you can't only have three weeks to go- you're too small" I've gained about 25lbs and feel like a cow, so I see where you are coming from- but you do look great! 
    Hey, thanks:) I'm not normally over-sensitive, and I know I'm being irrational, so I would never respond rudely or anything. But I knew someone would understand!! My pregnant self hears, instead of "you're so small" - "you're so lucky!  You must not be uncomfortable at all!" 
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Hey, thanks:) I'm not normally over-sensitive, and I know I'm being irrational, so I would never respond rudely or anything. But I knew someone would understand!! My pregnant self hears, instead of "you're so small" - "you're so lucky!  You must not be uncomfortable at all!" 
    @MississippiCatfish I hear ya on this! Same thing happens to me all the time. I've gained 30 but constantly hear how lucky I am that I am so small and it's only in the front. And I agree I hear that as well with it sounding like they think I am not comfortable, which is completely incorrect lol.

You look great with the haircut. Work it!
  • Does the Target completion coupon only work on items on your registry? So if I wanted groceries, I would have to add them not just buy at the same time?
  • Does the Target completion coupon only work on items on your registry? So if I wanted groceries, I would have to add them not just buy at the same time?
    Yes it's only for things you registered for
  • Good to know, thanks! Makes sense, I just thought it might be like 20% off entire purchase.
  • Trying to work today, but the heartburn is making me nauseous and I got very little sleep because I kept waking up to dry heave and throw up in my mouth from the heartburn.  I'm maxed out on Tums for the day, not that it was doing much anyways. 

I'm also getting BH contractions every time I stand up after sitting for a while and have... um... "intestinal discomfort". 

Of course, every time I  have any of these symptoms, I keep thinking maybe it means I'm going to go into real labor soon.  But, it feels like it's becoming a "boy who cried wolf" situation because I've been having symptoms like these for weeks.  (I'll be 40 weeks on Wednesday and they're going to induce me next Tuesday if she doesn't come by then.)

• @MississippiCatfish all the freaking time with DD I got the "you're so small!"
    comments. It got old, and several nosy coworkers went so far as to question whether or not baby was ok because I looked small to them. I don't understand why people comment on size at all. SMH. 

• Got a haircut this morning!  Glad I broke down and did it - I've been feeling particularly crappy (I know, I'm far from alone!) and this makes me feel like I look more like a human.  But why does everyone I run into have the balls to say, "You're so small!" For heavens sake, I've gained 50 pounds and even my fattest of maternity fat clothes don't fit.  I know they mean well and mean it as a compliment, but it's just a better idea to not comment on someone's size at all - pregnant or not!  

Anyway, I just finished putting away baby's clothes in the dresser/closet.  I'm going to go install the carseat base in a few minutes.  Tonight we're going to Target to use our registry completion coupon.  We get really ridiculous with it and put a TON of groceries and household essentials on our registry while we're there, to stock up our pantry for a few months.  This is our third time abusing the completion coupon like that, ha!

ETA: I attached my obligatory "I got a haircut" pic, since I haven't participated in HDBD for a while - and I'll probably be back to feeling like a troll on Wednesday! ;)

Where on earth is that 50 pounds?! You look amazing! 
    Mama Bear to Ollie, Leilah, and Lennon. Pregnant with Little Moo 2.0 (our rainbow baby). Due 02/14/2016.

BabyFetus Ticker
    I was actually able to add things on to my registry after I got the completion coupon. It took about 24 hours for it to "officially update" but I was able to get 15% off everything that I added on.
  • Try Maalox--it's so much more effective than tums!
  • Got a haircut this morning!  Glad I broke down and did it - I've been feeling particularly crappy (I know, I'm far from alone!) and this makes me feel like I look more like a human.  But why does everyone I run into have the balls to say, "You're so small!" For heavens sake, I've gained 50 pounds and even my fattest of maternity fat clothes don't fit.  I know they mean well and mean it as a compliment, but it's just a better idea to not comment on someone's size at all - pregnant or not!  

I never thought that the "You're so small" comment would get to me but I've gained a good 30 lb and when people say that to me my immediate reaction is, so, you think I've always looked this big? You really can't tell that I've gained 30 pounds!?!?! The only "positive comment" I want to hear at the moment is "You look great!" That's it!
    I get what you mean! The comment that I'm ok with if they say something about me being small is "you're all belly!" I can get on board with that!
  • @trishkev07 Amen! You just never know what someone's "insecurity" (for lack of a better word) is. Just say "you look great!" and move along!

Also, as a woman who has gone way past her due date twice...I don't want to hear that I "can't be that far along!" You are WRONG - I AM that far along and this baby is going to be the one that comes EARLY!! Hehehe. 
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker