Infertility

Fatigue after egg retrieval?

I had my egg retrieval on Sunday and I just feel exhausted!! I didn't have any other side effects during stims besides some bloating, but now I can barely keep my eyes open at work. Anyone have any tricks they have found that work? I am eating clean and balanced and drinking tons of water. Thank you!

Re: Fatigue after egg retrieval?

• Hi! I was 5 days in another country, as I'm not allowed to get treatment here in Norway. So I actually was blessed with a hotel room and sleep.
    Pretty exhausted still after ET, and to be honest I just gave in. I did go to work, but was in bed by 6/7 o'clock. (Mind you I get up at 5)
    While at work I would take a little break (few in a day) and get some fresh air. Which help a little right there and then.
    Hope other ladies have better tips!

PS will you go back for an ET or wait for and FET?

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Thanks! The fatigue has gotten a little better... 
    I have my transfer tomorrow. It's been a busy week so I have good distractions. I'm off to acupuncture in a little bit and then to hang out and home and patiently wait until the morning. Getting excited!

Are you doing a fresh or frozen?
  • Loading the player...
  • I did one fresh in November, that's the one that took most of my body and being fatigue.
    Unfortunatelly it turned out in a BFN, which didn't come as a big surprise, my body was in quite some discomfort.
    On January 18 I had a FET, I was much more relaxed due to less hormones and my body was not out of control.
    Will have my beta on Monday afternoon, so hopefully I know by Tuesday.
    Am still having problems with fatigue, did little the first week after FET, and last week I started a little training again. But today I went out to get my eyebrows done, came home and fell asleep on the sofa! Jupp I'm the live of the party :smiley: 

enjoy acupuncture, that really helps me relax.
    and GL tomorrow, I'll keep my FX for you!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Ugh I'm with ya... the fatigue after my ER was pretty bad! Luckily I had the weekend to recover.. don't know what I would have done going to work. Green tea??? That's usually my go-to if I want to avoid coffee but need a little extra energy. I feel like peppermint is good at keeping me a little more awake :) Best of luck to you!!!

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • I'm on day 5 and just starting to feel somewhat normal again!!