April 2016 Moms

Depression Issues

So I'm at my third trimester and I'm starting to get depressed again. I want to do things, but the lack of desire to actually do it isn't there. I had this problem in my third trimester too, the only difference is I struggled with accepting I'm pregnant and debating on abortion or adoption. After my first ultrasound, my decision completely changed and I fell in love with my little baby girl. Is feeling depressed normal? Has anyone else faced this problem, and how did you work through it? 

Re: Depression Issues

• I have avoided taking my meds at certain points and can I say this is NOT HEALTHY!!!!!!!!! I do think depression is fairly normal, but for goodness sake, please don't try to get through it alone.  Get help, reach out, and do things that make you happy!
    Jana Lynn
     Happily married since 5/24/2015  Momma of a baby Viking since 4/16, expecting #2 in 5/18
  • Loading the player...
  • yes to the above, The most important part of working through anxiety/depression is communication. with your health professional, with your loved ones & with yourself. with the right medication and support, And your own work with self-help techniques, depression can be a thing of the past.

• I've had depression problems in the past, and I've been trying to figure out how to get ahold of my old counselor so I can talk to her. I think I might have slight separation anxiety too, I usually only get to spend three days at a time with my boyfriend, because he's so busy and we live in separate towns. Whenever either of us has to go back home, the night before I get really upset and end up crying. I've never had this problem before. I'm so over this emotional rollercoaster lol