December 2015 Moms

Is it normal for my 1 month old to cry in her sleep?

There's times where she'll be perfectly peaceful and she'll all of a sudden start crying in her sleep and kind of freaks out(her hands extend out and move a little) she stays asleep through the whole thing and a few seconds later she's sleeping peaceful again.  

Re: Is it normal for my 1 month old to cry in her sleep?

• My DS did that a couple times before we were discharged now he grunts and stuff.
  • My LO does that often in his sleep.  It's usually paired with some grunting because he's trying to pass gas. He is swaddled at night and I think it causes him to be just snug enough so he can't quite get out the gas as easily as he can when he isn't swaddled.  It takes him a little bit of work to get it out. :smiley: 
  • Loading the player...
  • DD did it a few times last night. I think it's just gas or her reflux. She also scratched herself pretty hard so it might be time for mittens.
  • DD does this often, it's not something that worries me. 
  • DD does this as well. It makes me incredibly sad so I just love on her and cuddle. Unless it's during the middle of the night..then it just scares me lol. I think it's totally normal and nothing to worry about.
  • Totally normal. It happens during the REM cycle of their sleep. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yup. Definately happens. With my son it's gas. If he isn't swaddled it's like he's on a roller coaster ride
  • My girl does this too. She also smiles and laughs in her sleep. She makes so much noise and I lay awake at night listening to her sometimes. I wish I could turn my mommy radar off and get more sleep when she is sleeping. 
  • @mltarrio THIS. I get about half the sleep she does due to listening to her/watching her sleep. Turning it off would be lovely. I keep a utility fan going in the closet and have moved DD to DH's side of the bed and still can't sleep good! 
  • We had to kick LO out of our room last week. She was so noisy with the grunting and crying in sleep that we weren't getting any sleep at all. And she was giving us 4 hr stretches! Now that she's in her nursery, DH and I get to sleep while she sleeps. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers