July 2015 Moms
Options

Husband might not want another child but I do.

I'm a stay at home mom and my 6 month old is my only biological child. My husband has 2 daughters already with a previous relationship (one of which passed away at 3 months) and the other I'm raising since we have full custody. But my husband doesnt think he wants anymore kids. I definitely do!! Not right now since my baby's only 6 months but at some point I definitely want another baby. Im not sure if he just needs time to get past the up-at-night stage (even though im the only one who wakes up with her since he works) or what but I don't want this to cause a problem in out marriage. I feel he doesn't want another cuz he's already had 3, but I've only had one. Of course I consider my step daughter mine as well, but it is a different relationship. Anyone have the similar situation?

Re: Husband might not want another child but I do.

• Options
    Was your youngest planned? My DH and I want another. He says not until we can get really sleep that we'll try for another. Maybe give him a few months and bring it up again.
  • Options
    I'm giving my husband some time to come around to the idea but sowing the seeds by actively talking about how nice it would be for our LO to have a sibling. DH has an 11-year old daughter from a previous relationship so yeah, to him he has 2 kids. But I have 1. I don't mind waiting a year or 2 but I'm certain that I would like another, and don't want LO to be an only child (DH's daughter lives with her mother, plus an 11 year age gap is not a playtime sibling relationship).

I think once things get a little more normal - like in terms of sleep, sex, LO being more independent - he will get used to the idea.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Your not alone. My husband only wants one which is our son who is currently 6 months. I want at least one more but he is totaly against it
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat. DH has a 7 year old from another relationship and says he only wants two. While I love my step-daughter like she is my own and have been around since she was 2, I want another one from the beginning. I loved being pregnant and want that feeling again!!
  • Options
    mcb0110 said:
    I'm in the same boat. DH has a 7 year old from another relationship and says he only wants two. While I love my step-daughter like she is my own and have been around since she was 2, I want another one from the beginning. I loved being pregnant and want that feeling again!!

I totally thought I wrote this! My hubby is soo against having another because he is "too old". He's 37, but I'm only 30. I'll be fine if we don't have another but I'd love it if we could!