Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Nice to meet you (TW: losses + live child)

Hi all.
I can't believe I'm here.

I have a 15 month old daughter. In Nov '15, I found out that I was expecting and miscarried naturally at 5 weeks. Devestated, but determined, we got pregnant again, 2 weeks later.

And 2 weeks ago, a scan revealed that our baby no longer had a heartbeat, and was measuring 7 weeks (I was 10 weeks pregnant). I had a d&c the next day. A week later, I started bleeding heavily and needed an emergency d&c to remove retained tissue. Hopefully I'm on the mend physically.

My ob doesn't consider two losses in a row problematic or worrisome. DH and I are unconvinced. We don't want to lose a third baby. Right now we are benched from trying for two cycles.

We are lost and broken.

Does anyone have experience with recurrent pregnancy loss? Do I seek out a reproductive endocrinologist at this point?

I'm also curious if any of you have had a second d&c, and when your cycles resumed.

I'm so sorry that you all are here. Praying for these babies.

Re: Nice to meet you (TW: losses + live child)

• chloe97chloe97 member
    edited January 2016
    Hi @ThePax89. I'm so sorry for your loss. I understand why you're discouraged, but I would give it some time and see how you feel after you 2 benched cycles. If you're like me, you will probably be in a much better spot. Right now it's all so new and raw and so it's hard to see past the grief. I can promise you that it gets a little easier a bit at a time. I'm at 7 weeks post-MMC at 10 weeks and I'm feeling better. Hanging out here, confiding in some close friends, binge watching Netflix, planning a vacation are all things that I did to get through those first few weeks of sadness and emptiness. I've also been seeing a therapist and doing acupuncture once a week. It makes me feel like I have some sort of control over the situation.

I don't know your situation, but I know most insurances won't consider your condition RPL until 3 MCs. There may be exceptions for women over 35, so I would check with your plan. Ive had 2 MC (1 unplanned from 5 years ago with another partner) and my doctor encouraged me to try one more time before consulting with an RE.
  • What's a RE?   I had a D&C at 10 weeks four weeks ago, still no period or anything. I'd wait the two cycles to shed your lining and all that jazz. Give your body a chance to reset. If it's easy for you to get pregnant I wouldn't stress the wait. I'm going on vacation in 3 weeks, really looking forward to it honestly! Maybe do stuff lie said above to occupy you, def helps. I'll admit half my friends are pregnant and a few others in my office, moms in my daughters class.. But it's part of life. Can't hide from it but you can go on vacation somewhere!