Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Friday

13»

Re: WTO Friday

• @mrscorked hits the nail on the head again! Lol yep it is. 
  • @mrscorked hits the nail on the head again! Lol yep it is. 
    Just for the record, I started temping like 10 days before FF told me to that first month. No shame.

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Loading the player...
  • @Zoey1019 - In the past I have had to take opks in the morning and afternoon because only testing in the am was making me miss it.

@DCHokiemom - Try not to let random people intentionally misunderstanding your post get you down. We all understood exactly what you are saying. 

@LINDSEYRVA - there is something nice about CD 1 being a fresh start. Here's hoping fur a nice normal predictable cycle.  :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DCHokiemom I just went back a read that ridiculous comment. Don't let the crazies bring you down, she was completely making things up and putting words in your mouth. That was very obviously not what your were saying. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @bcooke314 - Re GTKY: well played. Now I want to take back my Jesus answer, lol.

@MissAmeliaPond - I also concur that the determining factor for me would be leave.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ***question in r/r/cs***
    Sorry I've been a little MIA the past couple days. Not that anyone's noticed but myself ;) But I miss you Bumpies!

Month/Cycle: 2/1

CD: 5

WAYDTGKTFU: AF finally vacated, so DH and I will probably do the sex tonight. Not that it really counts for anything. Other than that, PNV's and charting/temping.

R/R/CS: I'm sick of DH's new position at work. I never seeeeee him anymore! That is all. Hey, here's my question re: temping. I had to wake up an hour early to make him coffee earlier this week. My temp that morning was down about .3 degrees F. Not that it really matters for anything in my chart, but do you guys think waking up early can have as much affect on BBT's as waking up late does? Just curious.

GTKY: Geez, what a difficult question. I mean, I guess there's Jesus, so that would be cool. But I tend to clam up when I'm around people who intimidate me. So maybe just like, my sister and my DH. I know, that's a dumb answer. Whatever.

Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @MissAmeliaPond does the benefit package lay out maternity and/or sheet term disability plans? I'm keeping my FX for you! FMLA is federal and you have to be in the job for 12 months at the time you request it so theoretically, if that was the only option for leave, you could get KU after 3 months and still be able to use it. I'm sure they offer some sort of short term for 6-8 weeks though. Keep us posted!!

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @MRSCORKER Thank you! Unfortunately, it's just the basic benefits enrollment materials (med, dental, vis, life etc). They do offer long term disability, but our state does State Funded SDI, so the first 90 days of disability would be paid through the state anyway. The only qualifier is "You must have earned at least $300 from which SDI deductions were withheld during a previous period", which won't be a problem by the time I would need to take leave. But honestly, it might take 3+ months to get KTFU, so who knows! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Question: to you find you get stronger lines on opks at certain times? 

The Dutch: my line this afternoon was fainter than the one I got with smu. The one this morning was barely as dark as the control, so I was waiting to see if it was darker this evening. Based on your experienc, does this mean my surge was this morning, or is composing the two tests from morning and afternoon like apples and oranges?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited January 2016
    @simcal18 Let me see if I can figure out how to attach my chart! It's a mess...the first few days I had sleeping issues with starting to temp, but since then I've been sleeping well and temping at exactly the same time!
    ETA chart correctly!
  • Month/Cycle:3/3

CD: 10

WAYDTGKTFU: bbt, cm, cp, water. Hopefully mucinex tmr, started OPKs this morning

R/R/CS: I suuuure wish I was in the TWW right about now! I get crazy thinking about how slow this goes by!

GTKY: If you could have dinner with any 3 people, living or dead, who would they be

my dad X3  :'(

• korycirkorycir member
    edited January 2016
    @dogmomwantinghuman I started a week or so before supposed O (maybe a little earlier) and I take 10 ml/2 tsp 3 times a day. I work 12 hour shifts 3 days a week so on those days I do 15 ml 2 times a day. Since DD was born I noticed I have been a lot more dry. I don't always check CM, but the last 3-4 days I have had definite EWCM so hopefully this is it! Fx!!!

edit: you should all know that I'm a terrible speller...
    Baby #1: Elena 4/6/14
    Baby #2: Grayson EDD 10/22/16

• @dogmomwantinghuman , I just take the prescribed dose of 1 every 12 hours during my FW.  This was the first month trying it, I haven't noticed a huge difference so far.  I am not particularly......dry most of the time, but since I am on Clomid, I wanted to prevent "hostile" CM.....that's what my RE called it at least.  
    TTC #2- November 2015

•  korycir and DCHokiemom  thanks for the info. I'm really dry and never notice EWCM. I tried EPO but the first dose made me sick for two days. I'm scared to try guaifensein for that reason. I think I'll be ok because I've used if when I've been sick. I found plain guaifensein at Meijer brand that is 600mg. It says to take 1-2 capsules every 12 hours. That seems like a lot! The other Mucinex had other drugs in it so I didn't want to take that. Is 600mg way too much? Should I cut them in half?

***********************************************************************************************************************************
    ~Formerly @dogmomwantinghuman ~
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP #1: 11/30/15| MC 12/16/15BFP # 2: 6/2/16 | EDD 2/16/17

• rkstro2rkstro2 member
    edited January 2016
    @simcal18thanks for the fx!  Good luck with the thunder cats!

@dogmomwantinghuman thanks for the fx!  Sorry for the baby talk at work.  That sucks so bad.  

Eta:  fixing tags
  • @dogmomwantinghuman , I am not familiar with anything other than mucinex, but I would make sure anything you plan on cutting up isn't time released. In that case you could be taking more at one time that you need inadvertently. 
    TTC #2- November 2015

• @DCHokiemomI had the Meijer brand of Mucinex. I compared them in the store and it was the exact thing, just half the cost. It does say not to cut though:( I might take one tomorrow while I have two days off in case of side effects.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
    ~Formerly @dogmomwantinghuman ~
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP #1: 11/30/15| MC 12/16/15BFP # 2: 6/2/16 | EDD 2/16/17

• pretzel2plus1pretzel2plus1 member
    edited January 2016

*TW* Prior BFP/MC mentioned*
    @pretzel2plus1 I'm glad the appt went well. I had my gallbladder taken out laparoscopically (sp?) in October. I'm not sure if it will be the same but mine wasn't terrible. The first two days were the worst but just mostly sore after that. The surgeon found and removed endometriosis (sp). I got my BFP in November. No one can confirm that's why I got KU but I fully believe it wasn't coincidence (as I had been trying for 9 months). Unfortunately it didn't stick:( I wish you the best with your surgery.

Thank you all for the kind thoughts this week! They have been much appreciated! I'm definitely looking forward to taking this next step, especially since it's for my overall health, and not just for TTC. I'm happy that they were able to schedule me for two weeks out; I was afraid I would have to wait much longer.

@dogmomwantinghuman, my doctor actually mentioned that the first couple of months after a lap are prime time to get KU because the inflammation from the endo is drastically reduced (or gone!). I'm not sure if that holds true all the time, but it got me excited at least! 

Edited to add a few more comments:
    @zoey1019 Add me to the camp of those who don't turn OPKs. I've used Wondfos for the last few cycles and have never turned one. I'm planning to try a little harder next cycle to be more consistent with them, but I definitely O without the positive OPK. Sorry you're dealing with a crazy cycle!

@missameliapond I'm late reading your post, but congratulations! Or close enough for congratulations, anyway! That sounds like a great opportunity. I definitely agree with others that the leave policies would be my deciding factor.
                                Me: 26, H: 28
                                Married since 2012
                                TTC #1 since July 2015
                                 **TW**
                                         Laparoscopy and Endometriosis dx February 2016
                                HSG and SA all clear! September 2016
                                 Testing with RE October 2016
                                                        BFP 11/5/2016 ~ EDD 7/19/2016

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  •  korycir and DCHokiemom  thanks for the info. I'm really dry and never notice EWCM. I tried EPO but the first dose made me sick for two days. I'm scared to try guaifensein for that reason. I think I'll be ok because I've used if when I've been sick. I found plain guaifensein at Meijer brand that is 600mg. It says to take 1-2 capsules every 12 hours. That seems like a lot! The other Mucinex had other drugs in it so I didn't want to take that. Is 600mg way too much? Should I cut them in half?
    nope, that's not a lot.  You can get extra strength which is 1200mg/tablet at 1 tablet per 12 hours.
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• month/cycle: 1/1

cd: 15

waydtgku: CM, CP, BD

R/r/Cs: should've temped this cycle to know if this pain in my pelvis is O or not :-/ EWCM showed up last night and this morning but has since vanished and I have this pain, hoping all signs point to O and I can join the TWW. FX that all BD timing (what little there was) is in our favour.

gtky: my grandma on my dad side, probably my grandad as well because I never got to meet him. #3 would be my high school best friend, she passed away when she was 14, one of my biggest regrets was the last conversation we had, I'd like a chance to change that.
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • <span class="vanilla-mention-@">@dogmomwantinghuman </span>what PP said.  Mine are 1200 mg time-released for 12 hours, so I took one a day at first but now I've been taking two a day as O approaches.