Secondary IF

~~2IF Weekly Check-in (1-25-16)

cycle status

QOTW:  Favorite indoor/cold weather activity to do with your LO(s)

Re: ~~2IF Weekly Check-in (1-25-16)

• cycle status:  I am 3 days post my egg retrieval.  As of yesterday at 2 days 2 of our 3 eggs fertilized and both divided.  If they continue to grow and are good enough quality to freeze we will freeze if they don't look like they would survive a freeze and thaw we will transfer one or both on Wednesday. Just hoping at least one makes it to transfer (either fresh or frozen) very scared of hearing both stopped growing.

QOTW:  Not sure what my favorite indoor activity is but my 3 yr old loves building things so that is always fun or doing puzzles!
  • @Rachlee2010-- GOOD LUCK!  So exciting!  Wednesday is my transfer day too.  I'll be thinking of you.  FX!  I am doing laser acupuncture before and after the transfer.  I am almost trying to keep it out of my mind because I am so nervous about it... 

QOTW:  We are in NJ so we got slammed with the storm this past weekend.  We have done every indoor activity... our favorite is making obstacle courses with the couches and pillows and stuff like that... we get really creative when we get bored.  
  • Loading the player...
  • good luck to you @GK2009 tomorrow is the day!!! We still don't know if we will be doing a transfer tomorrow or now.  we are only going to do it if 1 or both of our embryos look like they won't survive being frozen and thawed. I am still so scared that the dr will call and tell me both stopped growing and we have nothing..ugh..this is so stressful.  I know it only takes one and I have heard of other people (without DOR) who get 10-20 eggs and after all is said and done only end up with 2-3 left told o anything with which is why only having 2 to start scares me so much. just praying at least 1 is a good one!!!
  • Cycle status: CD 1 of round 2. Going in for baseline ultrasound in 2 days. Really bummed this cycle didn't work. I had my strongest response to Clomid ever (3 follicles), so I got my hopes way up. I was totally hoping for twins, and kind of ok if triplets happened, but not hoping for it because that's a whole new level of crazy. Mama's only got 2 boobs!

As for favorite activity, my little guy is only 9.5 months, so he's pretty content with just throwing toys/books around. He loves to knock down towers of blocks or stacking cups. He's also recently discovered that begging for food is fun, so I now never eat without little hands pawing at me.
  • pdbirdpdbird member
    edited January 2016
    Cycle Day 5. Waiting to start OPK's for FET (potentially on 2/9)

Fave activity with our five year old is having a NERF war (with rules of course), creating forts with blankets/pillows, and doing puzzles. Sometimes we color or do kiwi crates (www.kiwicrate.com)

Good luck @rachlee2010 and @GK2009

Hoping you have sticky embies! <3

Me: 37 DH:41
    10/2009 - TTC#1 Stopped BCP! Let's DO this!
    1/2010 - BFP (Natural) --> 10/2010 - DS born! Yay!
    12/2010 - DH diagnosed with stage 3B testicular cancer. #cancersucks
    10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
    1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
    3/2014 - IVF Cycle #1 Started BCP
    4/2014 - Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur
    5/7/2014 - ER day (25 eggs retrieved, 15 mature)
    5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
    2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
    7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
    7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thanks everyone!   I had my FET yesterday.   It was a wild experience.  I am amazed that they can do this...I am just hoping and praying.   That's all I can do... I hope you all are doing well! 
  • Good luck!!! Thinking sticky thoughts for you. :)
  • Good luck @GK2009  When is your beta?  We ended up not transferring because we were able to freeze our embryo. After retrieving 3 eggs, 2 fertilized but only 1 grew to blast.  They said it looks great but that doesn't mean it's a good egg! We aren't doing testing so we can just hope it's a good one and that if it's not hopefully it doesn't implant. We plan to do a FET next cycle so in a few weeks I guess
  • @rachlee2010...good luck!   You have almost the same scenario as me.  We retrieved 3 and had one to transfer!   I hope you've got a great little embryo!   Fx for you!!!

My beta is next Friday.  I am already losing my mind.  I have been patient for so long and now I just want to know.

I'm keeping you and your little embie in my prayers!
  • Thanks @GK2009 you and your hopefully really sticky embie are in my prayers too..good luck trying to stay distracted during your week wait..Keep me posted for sure!!!!