September 2016 Moms

Who Does This??

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this was weird....

I stopped at the store on my way home from work today (woohoo for a half day), and as I was waiting in line my son tried to boost himself up using the cart in front of us, so I told him to stop. He started to cry so I gave him a little hug and continued to wait my turn. I guess the cashier couldn't handle the tears because she started to rip open the bag of chips I just bought. Like she actually popped the bag open before I could say no. And then tried to hand it to my son to help himself. Boundaries anyone?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Who Does This??

• What the hell? That has to be one the weirdest things I heard about cashiers or clerks do. I mean no one likes when a child is sad but if it is not yours you don't give it things? 

What did you do? I would not of been very happy, I would not of yelled but I would of asked for another bag for sure.
    35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

• That's completely inappropriate. What did you do?
  • Loading the player...
  • SarafussSarafuss member
    edited January 2016
    That is so weird.  Was he crying for chips?  I don't know why she would assume chips would stop his crying.  I would have asked her to go get me an unopened bag of chips.  ETA:  And tell a manager what happened.
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • What??? I would have yelled.  What if he had a food allergy to  something in the chips?  I would have said "what the hell do you think you're doing?" and asked for a manager.

• WTF?!  I have never ever have heard of a story close to this one.  
  • Wow. Just wow. I have never heard of this happening. Anywhere. Wow. 

Me: 31
    DH: 31
    TTC #1 10/2015
    BFP 1/2/2016 -- EDD - 9/11/2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Wow-guaranteed her children are spoiled little monkeys that abuse drugs and are extremely obese (from all of the therapy chip consumption). 

I definitely would HAVE charged her ass for those chips. 
  • Damn it now I want chips! What did you do? 
  • I just gave her a WTF look and left. I didn't even think to ask for a new bag :/
    Sarafuss No, he wasn't crying for the chips. He just didn't like being told to stop, which is why I was ignoring the tears. The cashier was trying to make him feel better I guess. 

BabyFruit Ticker