December 2015 Moms

MOTN 1/29

Hello, any other zombies out there? First feeding of the night. Five hour stretch woot. Then Murphy's Law said whatever can go wrong will and my sweet sleepy milk drunk baby let loose with a poo to test the linits of his diaper and my olfactory system. Even the dog came to investigate the horrible stench emanating from his new baby bff. 
And DS cood and smiled through the entire change as if proud of his giant poo, already a man. I should have woken his daddy. 

How are you all doing tonight? Murphy's Law anyone?

Re: MOTN 1/29

• Henry's been sleeping since 10:30. SO let me take a 5 hour nap in the afternoon, so I'm still going. As soon as I fall asleep little man will need fed. Murphy's Law ;)
  • I'm generally drained from running a fever. DS is running around hyper since his sleep got thrown off today. DD has decided she's tired but won't sleep, doesn't want a pacifier and will nurse only until she gets milk then acts horribly betrayed, lays against my bare  breast sucking on her pacifier... I don't dare move and wake her up but at least she's now sleeping through her brother screaming like a preteen girl at a Justin Bieber concert. Ear plugs anyone?
  • Loading the player...
  • Over the last 4 nights Sybil has gone from her first stretch of sleep being 4-5 hours to it now being 3 to 3.5. What did I do to deserve this?! It also means she's now up 2-3 times before the morning. I had high hopes for tonight because she seemed to be out of the cluster feeding today. Nope! 

We also have an early ped/LC appt. Poor girl has a fierce diaper rash and has developed a cyst like bump on the back of her head near the top of her neck. :/
  • @Court11152325 hope your little girl feels better
  • My girl is almost a month old now and I think she is starting I sleep in some kind of a schedule at night! The last two nights she has slept from 9:30 to 2:30, up for an hour to feed and diaper, then from 3:30 to 6. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but man would I love for her to stay like this! 
  • Just got done with 1st feeding of the night after a 4.5 hr stretch. Yesterday was a bad day with little naps. Hoping today is a better day. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Last week my little guy had 3 nights in a row of 4-5 hour stretches. I definitely jinxed myself by getting excited about it because this week it's been all 2-3 hour stretches. I'm up for the 2nd time tonight, just got done changing his diaper (he screamed bloody murder) and now feeding. Please Lord let this little guy sleep til 7 when I'm done with this feeding!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • I think that DD's Zantac is working!  She is back in her crib tonight and went down at 10:00. Not completely back to normal,  but so much better. 

She slept so soundly that when DH got up to go to the bathroom at 1:30, he thought he should check on her.  She's had a cold. And of course his visit woke her up,  so here we are.  :/
  • First feeding now at 2. We had bath time and a bottle at 7:00 and she fought sleep all the way until 9:30. Talk about exhausting. OH and all I wanted to do was get up and pee in my own bathroom but noooo, DH beat me to it and then locked the door. Wtf. Why would you lock the door? Now we're locked out of my bathroom. His hair product is in there so I'm sure it'll be open somehow in the morning but wtf man! Now after she's done eating I have to go allll the way downstairs to his nasty man bathroom. First world problems. Oh and my ahole dog got up and pooped in the closet. 
  • Second feeding of the night. At the first DD fell asleep after only nursing on my lazy boob, which was weird. From diaper to sleep it was like 35 minutes. I had to pump righty so that I wouldn't explode before her next. Well I get up and it still wants to explode. Got milk all of my Brest friend, sorry buddy! But she's nursing for much longer per usual and I probably won't get her down for another 40 minutes (so 6 am ish).
  • Had a horrible day with my LO yesterday. I think she was cluster feeding but it was killer and resulted in me having a meltdown as well. My dad and his girlfriend ended up taking her for most the afternoon and early evening so I could rest and settle. Luckily I had bottles ready though I did end up giving her formula for the first time last night. But here's to a new day and just starting our first feeding of the night. Hopefully things are better. I felt so bad yesterday that I was a bad mother. Definitely hoping for a win tonight. 
  • First feeding of the night (we go to bed late lol) 3 hour stretch and am not complaining because last week she was doing 2 hour stretches

I've had a monster headache during most MOTN feedings. Anyone else? 
  • Second feeding now, I'm so grateful her purple crying was earlier and not all night tonight. @preggoandglowing had a brutal headache last night, think it's sleep deprivation 
  • What is this purple crying I keep seeing people post about?

(my "last" feeding at 3am obviously didn't work...here I am less than 2 hrs later, ugh)
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Just finished 1st feeding at 5:23 am. And according to my app it took 25 mins. But I will not complain because for the first time my LO slept a stretch of nearly 7 hours!!! The last 3 nights he's given me 6. If he regress that will be very very cruel.

I've been trying to think desperately what I have done differently to make sure I keep doing it but thats just it. Nothing is different so now that hes older he's completely accustomed to a night time routine. 

Now its waking up every hour until 8 am when he'll be up and ready for the day. Again not complaining, lol.

Before yall ban me from the MOTN threads please know my LO is NOT an easy baby whatsoever. This sleep thing is now one of the very few things I have and holding on to for dear life. :smiley: 
  • Just about to put DD back down after our first feeding tonight. I have been the happiest momma lately because for the past 4 out of 5 nights my LO has been sleeping 7 hour stretches, and when we are up for a feeding/diaper change it only lasts an hour & she's back asleep! I don't want to jinx anything, but I think she's finally starting to learn night from day & get into a routine  B)
  • What is this purple crying I keep seeing people post about?

(my "last" feeding at 3am obviously didn't work...here I am less than 2 hrs later, ugh)
    Third feeding now for us! It's basically a version of what colic is, have you seen the period of purple crying? The hospitals give us a code to watch it online with discharge info here. The video says purple crying is developmental and happens around the world in every culture, and that babies cry a lot. :/ and that its "normal they cry up to six hours a day. I beg to differ lol. It does not feel normal to me
  • Last week my little guy had 3 nights in a row of 4-5 hour stretches. I definitely jinxed myself by getting excited about it because this week it's been all 2-3 hour stretches. I'm up for the 2nd time tonight, just got done changing his diaper (he screamed bloody murder) and now feeding. Please Lord let this little guy sleep til 7 when I'm done with this feeding!
    I went through this with DS just last week. He had a couple of weeks where he went 2-3 days during the week with sleeping 4-5 hour stretches.  DH and I would only have to wake up once each to feed him.  Usually around 11:30pm-12:30 a.m. then the next one wouldn't be until sometime between 4-5am.

Then right around the 5 1/2 week mark he started getting really fussy in between diaper changes, like SCREAMING as if we were hurting him.  Even the dog would come check on him and start whining.  He only ever seemed comforted when he was being fed. Long story short, we ended up having to switch his formula and we're now on Nutramigen by Enfamil. He was having awful gas pains, not able to poop, barley able to pass gas, and just over all uncomfortable.  He very well could have been going through a growth spurt to add to the turmoil in his stomach. 

He's finally starting to sleep better after being on this formula for 3 solid days. Crossing our fingers that this is what we needed, to get him back on track to good sleeping habits. 
  • My LO is still asleep!  He has been sleeping since 3am. We fed him last around 2am and by the time he got himself settled into the bassinet it was a little after 3, when I didn't hear another peep out of him. 

For the past 2 nights, DS seems to be relentless to sleep between the hours of 6:00 pm-midnight. If he does, it's for a very short time before he's up again. Last night he didn't fall asleep until 12:45 in the morning and then was up at 2 am for his bottle.  So thank god when that was finished, he went back down and was out for the remainder of the night. The previous night, he was up from 6:00-10:45 and then was up around midnight a little after for his bottle.  He went to sleep after the bottle around 1ish and woke up around 5:45 for his next feeding.

As much as I want to get him on a feeding schedule, that has completely been shot because of our recent agony of switching formulas on him.  We are hoping to get him back on track with an awake/sleep schedule as well as feeding now that we have him on something he's able to better digest and tolerate. 
  • One month old, only sleeping for 2 hours at a time at night. Third feeding of the night. 4 Oz bottle, puked in crib. Bed, sheet, wardrobe, and diaper change. Now comfort nursing. Then I'll pump. And by the time I'm done pumping Braiden will be awake again. Yawn
  • LO woke up at 1:45 to feed. Drained left boob, laid on my chest to go back to sleep... Spit up down my neck and covered my pillow and sheet. So after I strip my pillow case, throw a towel under me, change LOs jammies and blanket we were back down by 3. Woke up at 6 to feed and his sinuses were full of snot. For two hours until I left for work I was sucking snot out of his nose. The coffee pot is staying on today at work.