Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Newborn will only sleep on chest!

My 3 day old will only sleep on our chest while we're in the glider. She cries in the bassinet and vibrating chair.. Same with swing. How do I help her accept the bassinet?

Re: Newborn will only sleep on chest!

• Try warming the bassinet with a heat pad, and then take the heat pad out before you put her down. Putting one of your worn shirts under her might be comforting as well.
  • Some newborns mine included hate lying flat, try a RnP I used one until LO was 11 weeks and it was great. They do sleep better being held and I spent many nights the 1st month reclined on the couch with him sleeping on my chest.
  • Loading the player...
  • Some newborns mine included hate lying flat, try a RnP I used one until LO was 11 weeks and it was great. They do sleep better being held and I spent many nights the 1st month reclined on the couch with him sleeping on my chest.

This. Babies hate being flat.

Also OP, you might need to just let your newborn sleep on your for a while. She is used to being crammed inside of you where it's warm and cozy and now she's in this big scary world and she just wants to be close to you. It will pass so let her sleep on you OR try something with a slight incline.

• At 7 weeks old my baby sleeps the majority of the time on my chest. 
    Its inconvenient but you do what you can to make sure everyone gets some sleep.
    We practice daytime naps in the swing on her own and eventually in her cosleeper and then crib to work up to nighttime sleeping alone. 
    The heating pad is a good idea, we get the best alone naps when her sleeping surface has been warmed in the dryer.