September 2016 Moms

Friday 1/29 Check-In

How far along are you? EDD?

How are you feeling?

Doing anything baby related today?

Raves/Rants/Randoms:

Questions?

GTKY:  What was your favorite Sunday Comic as a child?  (Bonus points for including a clip to speed Friday along. :) )

Re: Friday 1/29 Check-In

• How far along are you? EDD? 6w5d 9/18

How are you feeling? great in the mornings! But I get super fatigued and nauseous in the evenings. And also my appetite has been weird. I feel like my body is more "adjusted" to the fatigue and nausea and it's not that bad anymore overall.

Doing anything baby related today? not planning on it, but I usually end up researching baby gear at some point.

Raves/Rants/Randoms: I'm going to a new local brewery with my friends tonight! None of them know about my pregnancy, but they all think that I'm strictly following the 21 Day Fix meal plan and cut out alcohol for the duration of the program. I'm kinda sad I can't try the beer, but it'll still be here come September!

Questions? I'm so confused about cloth diapers! I feel like the more I read about cloth diapering the more confused I get. I'd like to do something like an All In Two, since I hate the thought of stuffing, and even worse, unstuffing, pocket diapers. All in ones would be fine for like night time use only, but I wouldn't want to be stuck line drying a ton of all in one. For me, grovia and flips are the most appealing all in twos, but they also seem to have some fit issues for babies (grovia too small, flip to large and also the insert slides around in flips). So I'm curious for experienced moms who use all in two style - what do you guys use? Or should I consider another style more seriously?

GTKY:  What was your favorite Sunday Comic as a child? I loved Peanuts way back when!
  • How far along are you? EDD? 7w4d 9/12

How are you feeling? Great, which makes me suspicious.  Fingers crossed for some sickness later, I guess?

Doing anything baby related today? TB

Raves/Rants/Randoms: Had my first ultrasound yesterday and baby is measuring 2 days behind.  I'm still keeping my due date the same though bc it makes me feel better to be further along (even if it's only two days)

Questions? 

GTKY:  What was your favorite Sunday Comic as a child? I always loved Garfield when I was little, yay sarcastic cats!  Here is my favorite Pearls Before Swine that I've had hanging up at work forever though:

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

July: Patriotic Fails

england independence day 4th of july july 4th
  • Loading the player...
  • JasonKristenJasonKristen member
    edited January 2016

How are you feeling?  Exhausted.  Work should have naptime.

Doing anything baby related today? Nope

Raves/Rants/Randoms:  Last night DD drew another picture of me with a baby. She has to know, but hasn't directly said anything to me or ask questions.  

Questions? None today.

GTKY:  What was your favorite Sunday Comic as a child?  Garfield! This is how bath time goes in our
    house.
    DD 5/23/11 - DS 11/20/12 - BFP 1/10/16; EDD 9/22/16
    BabyFetus Ticker

valentines day sexy justin bieber heart 2011
  • How far along are you? EDD? 8weeks+, 9/6/16

How are you feeling? Pretty good!

Doing anything baby related today? Nope, told parents/my sister yesterday after our U/S!!

Raves/Rants/Randoms: FRIDAYYYY!

Questions? Nope

GTKY:  What was your favorite Sunday Comic as a child?  (Bonus points for including a clip to speed Friday along. )
    I was never really one for comics - I would always read Peanuts, Garfield and Foxtrot.. but never a big fan. As I got older I also enjoyed The Far Side.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @poodledoodleooo have you checked out clothdiapering101 on youtube? Great resource. I was always a big fan of pockets. Fit my petite daughter better, dry quickly, and easier to stuff more or less depending on how much absorbency was needed. And let's face it, if you're going to CD, you're going to be touching some gross stuff. I liked Grovia AI2s but they were huge on my daughter in the beginning. You might want to try renting in the beginning so you can get an idea of the different types and which work best for you.

How far along are you? EDD? 7w2d, EDD 9/14

How are you feeling? Good! Tired and have some food aversions but otherwise, no symptoms.

Doing anything baby related today? Researching baby names when I don't feel like working. Totally normal this early.

Raves/Rants/Randoms: Told my mom last night! I was nervous because she's made some comments since my daughter was born about only having one child. Luckily she was happy for us and those comments were more meant to not pressure us into having more kids (unlike my MIL who has wanted us to have another one since my daughter was born.) Also learned that my EDD is my grandmother's birthday which is so special to me.

Questions? None.

GTKY:  What was your favorite Sunday Comic as a child? Peanuts!

Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? EDD? 9 weeks today September 2nd

How are you feeling?  So I just mentioned this in the nausea thread... I appear to have injured/ sprained my rib muscles while coughing and gagging in the mornings. So, so painful to turn my body, reach up, sneeze or cough. I just called the doc but I'm a little bit freaking out. Every time I get sick I just re injure myself. 

Doing anything baby related today? Nah just trying to get through the day. 

Raves/Rants/Randoms:  As mentioned above.. just waiting for this all to pass.. tired, work is annoying. I'm not a happy camper. I feel very negative about this whole experience and it's just getting me down. I want to see the beauty in it all and I'm keeping up to date with my bump info, but it's just hard for now. 

Questions?  Any tips from more experience mamas on how to stay sane/ positive through this? 

GTKY:  What was your favorite Sunday Comic as a child?  Calvin and Hobbes, Garfield, but wasn't really much a fan of comics. 
    Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
  • How far along? 5w 6d

How are you feeling? Just the same old nausea kicking my ass. 

Doing anything baby related today? Nope!

R/R/R: soooooo happy about my symptoms but this nausea is already worse than my pregnancy with my son and I'm only 5w! Yeesh!

Questions: Nope

GTKY: Marmaduke!!
  • How far along are you? EDD? 8w3d

How are you feeling? Decent, a little bit nauseous this morning.

Doing anything baby related today? I'm going to try to call to set up my genetic screening. 

Raves/Rants/Randoms: Getting excited thinking about going out for dinner with my husband tomorrow. It's our anniversary!

Questions? Nope

GTKY:  What was your favorite Sunday Comic as a child? Garfield...but I only got to read it when I stayed over at my Gram's house. My parents got the Tribune and Garfield wasn't included in our comics section...bummer!
    bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
    bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
    bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
    bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• How far along are you? EDD? 8w6d  9/3/16

How are you feeling? I've been missing for a few days because I was so sick.  I thought it was just horrible morning/all day sickness and tried to deal, but it was getting so bad.  After not being able to keep anything down for about 4 days and talking with my Dr, we ended up at the ER for fluids and tests.  They found a pretty bad kidney infection, so started on antibiotics on Tuesday and finally I'm feeling human again.  Ladies, don't try to brush everything off on the pregnancy, sometimes its better to say something and get checked out. 

Doing anything baby related today? Just this. 

Raves/Rants/Randoms:  Just glad to be up and functioning again. 

Questions?nope

GTKY:  What was your favorite Sunday Comic as a child?  (Bonus points for including a clip to speed Friday along.  ) Garfield

Married since 9/2014
    TTC since 7/2015
    BFP 12/24/2015 Miscarriage 3/4/2015 at 14 weeks
    Baby Girl BFP 9/10/2016 EDD 5/23/17  

• How far along are you? EDD? 7w5d 9/11

How are you feeling? Pretty good right now. It's the late evenings that are the worst.

Doing anything baby related today? Just bumpin and reading. I may start to work out a preliminary baby budget though.

Raves/Rants/Randoms:  I'm just following up with all the stuff I have to do after the job fair yesterday. I'm down to just sending one more email!

Questions? Nope.

GTKY:  What was your favorite Sunday Comic as a child?  (Bonus points for including a clip to speed Friday along.  ) I think I like them all. Peanuts are good. So were Family Circle and others. 
    Me: 31
    DH: 31
    TTC #1 10/2015
    BFP 1/2/2016 -- EDD - 9/11/2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @PoodleDoodleOoo I'm not an experienced CD'er but I purchased a stash (can't remember how many right now) of Bumgenius infant AIO's for baby #3 but haven't used them yet.  They are saved for this LO.  I plan to use bumgenius Freetime's after the infant size.  Of course, that's assuming they work for us.  But I liked those styles the best.  I attended a Cloth Diapering 101 class that was held by a local group and I got to learn about the different types of diapers and seeing them in person really helped me to understand.  Maybe google something like that in your area?  I'll be checking out the youtube channel @PSUBecky23 mentioned!
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • LakeR2014LakeR2014 member
    edited January 2016
    How far along are you? EDD?  7 weeks today!!!  I have a blueberry!   9/16

How are you feeling? Good although the boobs have started to hurt and definitely having some mild fatigue

Doing anything baby related today?  Just pinterest.

Raves/Rants/Randoms:  I love my DH dearly, but he has a happy hour work function tonight, and I'm thrilled!   AKA I'm looking forward to jumping into pajamas as soon as I get home, eating dinner on the couch, and tube vegging for the rest of the night. :)

GTKY:  What was your favorite Sunday Comic as a child?  (Bonus points for including a clip to speed Friday along. )    I loved them all and couldn't wait to ready MY section of the Sunday News.

• How far along are you? EDD? Around 7 weeks.  Will get an official EDD at my scan in 11 days. 

How are you feeling? Better today than I have been. Still a later mild nausea. 

Doing anything baby related today? Not really

Raves/Rants/Randoms: Rave - my new toothbrush. My gag reflex is really sensitive during pregnancy, which makes brushing teeth really horrible. I ordered a sonic toothbrush from Amazon earlier this week. I don't know what it is about it, but I don't gag nearly as much with it as I do with my old, manual toothbrush. 
    Rant - my appetite. I get hungry. Sometimes I eat a little before I am stuffed. Other times I can eat and eat and eat. It makes lunch hard - tha is the second day in a row I under-packed my lunch. 

Questions? None today. 

GTKY:  What was your favorite Sunday Comic as a child?  (Bonus points for including a clip to speed Friday along.). Peanuts. 

• How far along are you? EDD? 9w1d. Marching on to the 2nd trimester.

How are you feeling? Hungry. So hungry, all the time. This is so unlike my other nausea-dominated pregnancies. I think I'm a perfectly reasonable, rational person until a craving hits and then it's beast-mode ahoy.

Doing anything baby related today? The Bump and feeling grateful for bloat-proof maternity pants. No shame.

Raves/Rants/Randoms: Cleaning. There's so much that needs to be done and no time to do it. My house isn't filthy, but I'm lucky to keep up with laundry/dishes let alone vacuuming, organization, and all those other things that are good for peace of mind.

Questions? None today.

GTKY:  What was your favorite Sunday Comic as a child?  (Bonus points for including a clip to speed Friday along.  ) So I found this site online as a teenager, but it's been my favorite place for comics ever since. Be forewarned, these can be pretty dark and/or offensive.

September '16 -  May Signature Challenge
    Awkward Family Fun

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• How far along are you? EDD? 5w4d 9/26 

How are you feeling? Same old (sore BBs, light background nausea, occasional cramps).  I feel like morning sickness is just around the corner.

Doing anything baby related today? I don't know where I read this and now I'm doubting it but that 5w4d is when the heart starts beating.  H and I have been calling it heart beat day.  I'm doubting if this is true but it's fun and I'm rolling with it.

Raves/Rants/Randoms:  Oh H... So tomorrow is H's work party (going to be big, it's the parent company of his) and for the last week he has non stop been asking how I'm going to hide not drinking.  I kept saying only one person there knows me, no one will know it's odd for me to not drink. Well then yesterday he says oh one person  knows you are PG, I said oh you told your close work friend that I know.  Nope some other coworker I think I've heard of 2x and he said he told her because she was asking what I drink  :|   I don't really care but come on, like that was not a valid reason.  Now I am imagining some chick I don't know looking at me funny the whole night.  I'm mostly dreading that the party is from 7-11, I have been going to bed at 9 and super tired at 8.  I used to not go to bed till 11 on weekdays and like 1am on weekends.  Hopefully I will be able to nap before and that will help.

Questions?

GTKY:  What was your favorite Sunday Comic as a child?  (Bonus points for including a clip to speed Friday along.  )  Even when I was too young to get it I have always loved Baby Blues.  I looked up some to put here and fell in love again.

• How far along are you? EDD?
    5+2, 9/28

How are you feeling? 
    Good which makes me nervous. Have had some cramping. My shoulder have been so tense the past couple days and I'm not sure why

Doing anything baby related today?
    not today

Raves/Rants/Randoms: 
    So excited that today is Friday. Just passing the days by until my first appointment on 2/22

Questions?
    Ache and oil what are your secrets??

GTKY:  What was your favorite Sunday Comic as a child?  (Bonus points for including a clip to speed Friday along.  )
    I like Peanuts, Garfeild, and The Far Side. I might come back later with some clips :smile: 
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• @Karenbeth714 You are not alone!!  I have also been feeling quite miserable.  I hear that means we have a strong baby!

• mamadominomamadomino member
    edited January 2016
    5 weeks, 9/30

How are you feeling? Overwhelmed

Doing anything baby related today? Bumping 

Raves/Rants/Randoms: I got an offer for my dream job today.  Dream job = potentially more $ but less stability, selling and buying a house, moving with a toddler, finding new daycare, leaving coworkers I love, etc.  I am SO OVERWHELMED. 

Questions? Nada. 

GTKY:  What was your favorite Sunday Comic as a child?
    calvin and Hobbes maybe 
    My phone is being a dick and making that whole thing a quote but I can't figure out how to fix it so whatever. 
    ***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

• JennM205JennM205 member
    edited January 2016
    @KarenBeth714 I remember being fairly miserable during first tri with DD.  As you describe, I was excited and grateful and happy but also just felt tired and sick and wasn't loving it at first.  With second tri came energy and all my physical symptoms disappeared and I was truly able to enjoy my pregnancy from that point forward.  Hang in there, it'll get better!

@CClark2014 Sounds like you've had a rough few days!  Glad to hear you're on the mend.  Take care of yourself!

@Sarafuss Congrats on the "graduation"!  :)

@mamadomino Congrats on the dream job offer.  It sounds like you have a lot to weigh in order to make a very big decision.  Hopefully the offering company is allowing you plenty of time to decide so you're not super pressured.  Good luck!

How far along are you? EDD? 9w1d 9/1

How are you feeling? Still nauseous all day every day.  It's kind of wearing on me but I just keep reminding myself that this part should soon be over.  Hopefully just a couple more weeks...!

Doing anything baby related today? I told my two best work friends at lunch today!

Raves/Rants/Randoms: I feel kind of bad but the last couple of people I've told about my pregnancy, the conversation's been somewhere along the lines of, "random, random, blah, blah, so I'm pregnant, it's cool, I feel crappy, no big deal."  I feel like a jerk for not being more bubbly about it.  I really am excited and happy but it's hard to convey that when I'm exhausted and not feeling well.  Plus, even though my pregnancy is still pretty much a secret, the people who do know (only a few family members and my very best friends) found out way earlier this time than last.  So maybe the nonchalance is my subconscious way of protecting myself since it is still a bit early yet?  Anyone else experiencing this?

Questions? For those that have had two or more, how early did you notice real, non-blump changes in your midsection with second and subsequent pregnancies?  I'm certainly not "showing" but what I'm seeing/feeling definitely isn't blump either.  It's like below the blump, just above my pubic bone, I have a couple of inches of tight, flat (with a slight roundness) abdomen.  It's way too early for that to be from my uterus, right?  I want it to be the beginnings of bump but with as early as it is, I fear maybe I'm just really constipated?  Lol...

GTKY:  Peanuts, I think.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @JennM205 With my second, I started visibly noticing a hard belly-like .. thingamabob at 14-15 weeks. There was no more sucking anything in at that point.

I'm at 9w1d too, and I feel my uterus just above my pubic bone. I've been "crawling" my index/middle fingers down from my bellybutton every couple days for the last few weeks and I can definitely feel something externally now.
    September '16 -  May Signature Challenge
    Awkward Family Fun

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• How far along are you? EDD? 8w2d

How are you feeling?  A little scared. Last night at around 2AM I had a small amount of blood on tp after going to the bathroom. At around 4 I went again and nothing (no blood since) but when I got back in bed my right shoulder blade was hurting. Prior to bed, I'd remembered I'd had 2 sharp pains on my lower left abdomen. I called Doctor fearing it might be an ectopic and she said not to worry unless I'm doubled over in pain or hemmorhaging in which case I should go to the ER. She knows I have an appt with her on Mon. She also told me no more googling (I've been going to her almost 10 yrs so she knows I'm not the panicked type)

• ^and I don't think TB is posting my whole replies today... Wahhhhh. 

• Sarafuss said:
    How far along are you? EDD? 8w4d; EDD 9/5

How are you feeling? Pretty good.  Nauseous when I get hungry/wait too long to eat but it's manageable. 

Doing anything baby related today?  Had an u/s today!

********TW: previous loss mentioned************
    Raves/Rants/Randoms: I graduated from my RE today!  I am feeling great that baby looks strong and healthy.  He/she measured right on track at 8w4d and had a strong heartbeat of 163 bpm!  A strong hb means so much to me because our daughter who passed away from a chromosomal disorder always had a weak heartbeat.  My next appt is at 11w2d with my MFM and I have my NT scan and Panorama b/w the same day.  I am praying for a great report from both so I can be more excited about this pregnancy and a healthy baby!

GTKY:  What was your favorite Sunday Comic as a child?  (Bonus points for including a clip to speed Friday along.  )  Garfield.  That's the only one I can remember!
    Congrats! I also graduated from my RE today! 

How far along are you? EDD? 8w1d; due 9/8

How are you feeling? Lots of nausea but been lucky - no puking or gagging/dry heaving. As long as I take B6 regularly, take it easy, and eat every couple of hours I seem to be okay. On and off headaches too which are usually worse in the morning. Exhausted at night. 

Doing anything baby related today? We had our second ultrasound and I graduated from my RE. It's a bittersweet moment as I've spent the last year doing fertility treatments. Happy to move on but sad because I like my doctor and his team. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms: I think I need to buy my husband a baby book so he can understand how I am feeling/what I am going through. When I say I don't feel good and/or am tired I mean it! Argh. 

GTKY: favorite comic? I would read almost all of them especially on Sunday's. 
  • How far along are you? EDD? 8 weeks exactly; 9/9/2016
    How are you feeling? Nauseous and fatigued
    Doing anything baby related today? Went in for our 2nd ultrasound and graduated from my RE! Doctor actually was ready to graduate us after the first ultrasound but I chose to go back for a second one just to ease my mind.
    Raves/Rants/Randoms: I know I'm only 8 weeks, which is the furthest I've ever reached but so far I have not experienced what is so wonderful about pregnancy other than the excitement and joy that you'll have a baby at the end. Between the nausea, vomiting, sore boobs, frequent peeing, not sleeping well (as a result of constantly having to get up to pee), and fatigue, I just feel like crap. I feel like I have a prolonged hangover. Hopefully, it gets better.
    GTKY: What was your favorite Sunday Comic as a child? (Bonus points for including a clip to speed Friday along. :)Garfield and Dennis the Menace
    Me: 34, Unexplained Infertility, Hypothyroidism (after being diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and radioactive iodine treatment; taking Levothyroxine for hypothryoidism) | DH: 33, no fertility problems

● IUI #1: BFN ● IUI #2: BFN ● IUI #3: BFP 7/11/15 - MC at 8 Weeks  :( ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IUI #5: BFP! 12/29/15, 11dpiui
    1/1/2016 Beta #1 HCG: 58  Progesterone: 49.5
    1/3/2016 Beta #2 HCG:154 Progesterone: 55.9
    1/20/16 Ultrasound #1 6w3d, HB: 114 bpm
    1/29/16 Ultrasound #2 8w0d, HB: 171 bpm