February 2016 Moms

Introducing Henry Leo

Short story: Henry Leo was born on 1/27 at 2:19am. He weighs 6lbs 12oz and is 20 inches long.

TLDR: I decided on Monday afternoon that I was going to work from home the rest of the week. The bathroom was just too far from my desk, lol! I had my weekly OB appointment on Tuesday and afterwards headed to the store to pick up a few last essentials. I wanted to spare my husband the misery of picking out pads. Good thing I did that before hand because after a work conference call at 4:30pm and having to pee about 5 times in the last hour I started getting cramps which progressively got worse. By 10:30pm I had been timing them for several hours. They were about a minute long and 6 & 1/2 minutes apart. I called the midwife and she told me to go take a bath and wait to come in until they were about 3 minutes apart. About 30 minutes later my contractions were over a minute long and every 3 minutes. The bath thing really worked for me. We called my MIL to come over (DS1 was sleeping) and it may have been the fastest drive ever for her because 10 minutes later we were on our way to the hospital. Spent about 15 minutes in triage (5cm dilated) and then got sent to L&D. Got the epidural (heaven!) and the nurse said they'd check me again in a few hours. Well less than an hour later I felt like I had to push. Got checked and I was 9cm. The midwife broke my water and I immediately went to fully dilated. 15 minutes later Henry was born at 2:19am.

He is absolutely perfect and I'm in love all over again!

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Introducing Henry Leo