Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday

13»

Re: WTO Thursday

• Hey y'all, thanks for the notes the last several days even though I've been on here lately enough just to love tit and WTO update.  So sorry for the long cycles and CD1s.

@Megz1902 I'm so sorry.

@BusinessWife thanks for the encouragement and good luck with your singing venture!!  I'm a nurse and have been out of the hospital the last year.  I'm nervous to go back but feeling like you do about the extra certs...do I get those first or use nursing $ to fund those??
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Thank you for the birthday love you guys!
  • Loading the player...
  • @virginiaham I would say, it's good to start now, just pick wisely.  If you have been out of the hospital for a while, a recent cert is something you can talk about during an interview and shows that you are enthusiastic about jumping back in and being up-to-date on technologies or protocol that may have changed - that despite your absence, you are not out of the loop and are going to be an asset to them. ;)  But I would be wary about going too cert-crazy if they are overly costly or if they will not look particularly intriguing on a resume...  That's just my two cents.  Be confident in yourself, willing and eager to learn, but still don't try TOO hard, maybe?  So it doesn't come across like over-compensating?  If that makes any sense.
  •  @BusinessWife so there are a few certs I absolutely have to have to work in my field (the advanced resuscitation classes), but there are a few extra certs that an ED nurse friend encouraged me on that won't keep me from getting a job.  The classes cost $$$, require competency testing, and really do go far for showing your commitment to the field.  I don't think anyone would interpret it as me being desperate or over-compensating, so that's not really a fear I have.  And me being cert'd in and more importantly *being well trained in how to* handle sick littles or bad traumas is good for everyone, but maybe I don't need to spend all of H's $$$ on those before I actually work in an area that might require that knowledge.  Moral of the story, I embarrassingly love training way too much. :#
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• @DCHokiemom in total agreement with you.  Digi opks have steered me wrong in the past but wondfo's when I used them for first time last month they were on target. A win for the cheapies!
    DH: 34 | Me: 35
    DS1 9/24/13
    DX Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Secondary Infertility
    MFI (SA #1
    Count 11mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    MFI (SA #2Count 7 mill, Motility: 18%, Morphology: 1%)
    AMH .328 
    | FSH 13.2 
    Oct. 2016: Clomid + TI
    IVF: ER 3/1/17; 5 retrieved, 3 mature & fertilized
    Results: 2 PGS normal embryos
    Planned on August 2017 transfer
    **TW**
    Natural BFP 4/3/17,Expecting baby boy via RCS 12/7/17

• @virginiaham oooh, I Totally get it.  I too, love training, to perhaps an embarrassing degree.  To where it's a frequent point of teasing and/or contention in our house, actually.  I am so happy for DH that he gets to go back to school, and a little bit jelly I can't go back and relearn all this cool stuff I forgot a long time ago.  He is going back for his Engineering, so we have been doing all this math and chemistry review, which has been so fun, and he's taking chem II now, (but w/ding from Materials Science b/c he feels he'll get way more out of it once he's further along, has done his physics, calc etc. and has that more accessible).  So that's fine.  But I think he mostly resents how long it's going to take him to finish his program and resents that he has to finish his degree to loophole into a license he actually could have gotten ages ago more easily, but they changed the rules.  He wants to LEARN all the stuff in the program, but he is mad at himself for not having done better at school in the first place and having to go back.  And the expense.  He may have had a semi-heated moment where he called my Master's degree "garbage." Sigh.  "B/c it's not making us any money."  Grumble grumble.

Meanwhile, there's a voice teacher's conference coming up in Chicago, I haven't mentioned yet, but I might seriously look into attending that, since it's been a while.  We shall see...  What are the special courses you are considering?  My mom is a physician so she has to do continuing ed pretty regularly too.  Some of the topics she just totally geeks out over!  lol