February 2016 Moms

FFFC

Flame-free Friday Confessions.  Usually not flame-free. 

Because I would love to have something entertaining to read today!
*E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: FFFC

• Loading the player...
  • I am in the same kind of boat as @wisco29 as I have had Fruitie Pebbles for dinner twice this week, and once as a snack after a healthy dinner.
  • I am so anxious. I have an appt to sweep my membranes today cause this stubborn little lady has appeared to change her mind. Contractions every six minutes for 12 hours is no fun without any progress! I confess I want to have my baby today! They pulled me from work last week thinking I wouldn't make it to my Monday appt. Well guess what day it is Friday and I am taking my maternity leave with no baby? Not fun :( 
  • My confession: my body was much happier pregnant than not. I know I'll heal in time but I'll take my minor pregnancy annoyances over my beat up condition with LO. I wasn't this in pain with my first so idk what my body is doing haha. 
  • My confession is that I feel more hormonal and weird than I did during my first trimester. My emotions have been fairly even throughout this pregnancy but this past couple of days have been brutal with the grumpiness (or anger) and crying. My nose has gone from slightly stuffy to constantly dripping. And super-pregnancy nose has come back where every little smell seems overwhelming. How it's doing that while dripping I don't know. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • @AdventureMama good luck today!!! Can't wait to hear if its a boy or girl!
  • My confession is that after my ultrasound this morning, I asked my dr not to let me go past my due date and asked to be induced at 40 as this girl is projecting to be even bigger than my first and his shoulders got stuck and gave me a third degree tear. My second confession is that when my dr suggested an induction at 39 weeks, I took it. She did explain that the risk of c section does go down with a second induction when the first induction is successful but that it's not without any risk. I'm still going with it! 
    September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • I have a couple confessions today. First, I ate a snickerdoodle that was hanging out in the break room . . . a coworker of mine brought a few cookies in on Tuesday and I wasn't sure if they were to share or not, but she's had all week to eat them and isn't here today. Therefore, cookie=mine.

Next, I am kind of hoping baby comes today or any day between now and Thursday (my EDD and start of maternity leave). I've made it to where my absence wouldn't really mess with my coworker's schedule who's going to be covering for me when I'm gone, so I'd be totally fine with popping after 3 today :smiley: I have no plan or desire to be induced, but I'm ready to meet my little Malachi! I want outside snuggles!!! However, it sounds like IF I go over, my midwife might let me go to 43 weeks as long as there are no complications and I don't want to be induced . . . but that would be totally up to me, I'd have the option to be induced by 41 weeks.
  • Tonight we are going to buy DD's crib mattress. It just so happens BRU is having their trade in event so I am going to bring DS's old stroller along to trade in for something I can get H to buy  ;)
  • @wisco29 I have been eating the "PB&J" poptarts every morning this week and they are amazing, no shame 
  • I'm sceptical of acupuncture and its effectiveness in triggering childbirth. But I still went to an acupuncture appointment in an attempt to go into labor a bit early (baby is a big, big boy). My midwife is a fan, and I trust her, so I figure - what the heck - I'll give it a try. I've had one appointment so far. The acupuncturist is really nice, but it's all kind of New Age-y for me. It also ain't cheap.

The tongue and pulse inspections were odd and made me feel a little uncomfortable. What I found interesting was how some of the needles felt like fingers pressing against my skin - strange! I'm just not sure how some needles in my head, neck and legs relate to softening my cervix or decreasing blood loss during birth. I'm also not sure about the weird 20-minute meditation exercise I listened to while laying there with the needles in. It lulled me to sleep, though! I felt tingling in my neck after the session, but what does that really mean? There's no clear research indication (that I was able to find, anyway) that acupuncture helps pregnant women with their deliveries.

Rational me and mystical me are having some disagreements about whether or not to continue. I will probably go to a couple more appointments. Give it a chance.
  • @cvolkmar I am extra cranky too. Everything just bothers me. H's friend was coming over to hang out with him the other night, his wife decided she wanted to come and they were going to bring a pizza. I just didn't feel like hanging out at all and I told them I wanted to make dinner, no reason I just didn't feel like it. It was so annoying. I'm annoying lol.
  • AussiechickaAussiechicka member
    edited January 2016
    I am having some major latch issues on one side with Olivia and I've gone from a cracked and bleeding nipple to a blister and it hurts enough I end up in tears. All she wanted to do last night was cluster feed from 2 am til 6am and I could only do it on one side while I pumped on the side that's sore. By about 5:30am I was starting to resent everything about the whole situation. Booked in for a follow up with my lactation consultant tomorrow and she's called in a prescription for some cream that will help it heal, fingers crossed it all gets easier soon. 
    Im pretty sure I just would have made her a bottle at 5:30am if there was formula in the house....
  • I am having some major latch issues on one side with Olivia and I've gone from a cracked and bleeding nipple to a blister and it hurts enough I end up in tears. All she wanted to do last night was cluster feed from 2 am til 6am and I could only do it on one side while I pumped on the side that's sore. By about 5:30am I was starting to resent everything about the whole situation. Booked in for a follow up with my lactation consultant tomorrow and she's called in a prescription for some cream that will help it heal, fingers crossed it all gets easier soon. 
    Im pretty sure I just would have made her a bottle at 5:30am if there was formula in the house....
    Hope you heal up quickly! Been there and it is awful:(
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I asked an administrator to sit in on a meeting that I was worried would become contentious. While I always hate these meetings, I knew there would be a good chance I'd cry between being 38 weeks pregnant and my dad's sudden passing last week. What I didn't expect was for her to have 2/3 of the administration to attend as well. Everyone was on their very best behavior and it went well. Later, some of the team asked if I knew why so many administrators came and I said I didn't. I feel terrible for lying, but I really didn't know 5 additional people would show up and was so grateful to not get into a situation where I would end up crying in public (yet again). 
  • It irritates me that my MIL was SO surprised that the socks she got me were too small. Ummm, I'm 9 months pregnant and my feet are swollen which is normal. She's had 5 kids so you'd think she'd get that and stop talking about it/being so surprised. Just something that bugged me...

I'm also annoyed that my husband wasn't excited as I was that I got the hard water stains out of the toilet with steel wool LOL! He was like "hmm it's really not that important and you shouldn't have wasted your energy on it." I guess it is a pretty sad thing to be excited about huh? ;)
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • cvolkmar said:
    I'm in mega bitch mode. I'm 4 days aways from my due date and feel great/comfortable. All those stereotypical symptoms that labor is near are not happening. I'm a teacher and have 4 weeks worth of materials/lesson plans ready for the sub and the thought that I will be teaching next week annoys the crap out of me. I am super cranky towards my students who are good kids!  Today I left at lunch just to go for a drive and hopefully come back in a better mood. Overall, my emotions have been pretty in check the last 39 weeks - only 2 breakdowns, but I am ready to throat punch someone?!?!  Is anyone else just extra crabby?! 

Ha! This is me too.  Another teacher told the kids to "say a special goodbye" to me today in case I don't come back next week. I was like that's just great- pretty much sealed the deal that I'll be hearing my alarm on Monday morning and dragging my belly in front of the classroom again. 

I am living for the birth stories on here as well! 

• My confession echoes some of yours. I'm constantly hurting, been having contractions consistently for the last 3 weeks with 0 changes to my cervix. At my last appointment the doctor commented on how swollen my legs are, but my BP was fine. I was secretly hoping that my BP would not be fine and we could go ahead and get this show on the road. I want to meet Harrison and not be pregnant anymore.
    I thought the same thing! My feet have been getting really swollen, especially on the right side so I was nervous she would put me on bed rest. I was secretly hoping she would say she was inducing me if my BP was high but it was like 110/60 like normal. Grr
  • i finally relieved my nesting-cleaning itch today… by hiring a cleaning service for a deep cleaning of our house  :D 
    I've been deep cleaning off and on. Yesterday I scrubbed our three bathrooms and felt so miserable after. It was totally not worth it (even though I am glad they're clean). You are one smart cookie.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• i finally relieved my nesting-cleaning itch today… by hiring a cleaning service for a deep cleaning of our house  :D 
    I've been deep cleaning off and on. Yesterday I scrubbed our three bathrooms and felt so miserable after. It was totally not worth it (even though I am glad they're clean). You are one smart cookie.
    Exactly why I hired them! I feel like shit lately and just couldn't fathom scrubbing and dusting. Plus DH hires them for his work so we got a great deal.
    Sorry you're feeling the pains from it though! Least it's done now  :/
    Married: 8/25/12
    Started TTC: 1/1/14
    BFP: 6/1/15
    Baby Girl Athena Born: 2/7/16

• I'm eating cookie dough for dinner although it says not to eat it raw. I'm home alone and am just being gross!!