September 2015 Moms

What size of clothing will babies wear in summer? My baby is 16lbs 10 oz at his 4 month app

My baby is wearing 6 months but getting kinda tight so he has 6-9. My friend has 6-12 and 12 month summer lot. Do you think that will fit? Or will he be too big for it? She has a spring lot she is giving me 6-12 and then summer is 6-12 with 50 percent of it being size 12. Do you think that will fit him!

Re: What size of clothing will babies wear in summer? My baby is 16lbs 10 oz at his 4 month app

• My baby is also over 16 lbs and is 5 mos old just now and wearing 9 month clothing....I think it's hard to predict but to be safe at least 12 month
  • It's hard to say. My 16lb baby is already in 9-12mo. Every brand runs differently too. If it's Gap it'll be larger, B
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • edited January 2016
    There's no way I can predict what my son will be in by then, he's massive and growing rapidly but he could slow down, there's no way to know
  • It's hard to say-every child grows differently! 6-12 and 12m are the same size. Most kids slow down weight wise when they start crawling. My LO is 15lbs, 4.5mo, wearing 6m/3-6m, but 9m sleepers. I have mostly 6-12m clothes for summer (from DD1 that was 7-9mo when she wore them). I'm in Canada so I think the fall clothes will work for most of summer anyway. Except for special occasions, baby only needs a tshirt and diaper when it's hot :smile:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My LO was 17 lbs at his 4 month appointment and 9 month clothing in some brands fit just right while others were too small. He's 5 months now and 6-12 month pants are too small, he has outgrown most 9 month outfits and we have moved in to 12 month clothing for the most part. The summer things I bought ahead I bought in 18 months (shorts) and some 24 months (shirts) sizes.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My guy is 18lb now and in 9mo sizes. Ive been buying 12 and 18mo for the summer months. 
  • My LO has long legs and big feet(and he's chubby). He wears 9 month(some are way too small and already put away), and mainly 12 month things. I bought a few 18 month jumpers hoping he will be able to wear this this May/June/July/August. FINGERS CROSSED!