October 2016 Moms

Pregnant and caring for a Toddler = Hard!

I feel so overwhelmed with the lack of energy I have and how much energy my daughter (of almost 3 years) has. She loves to play and be active all day, and we are normally busy going from one thing to the next. I was so tired today that I laid on the couch and she watched TV pretty much ALL DAY. I just feel bad that for the last few days I haven't spent much quality time with her, and this is only the beginning... Does anyone have any practical advice for being pregnant and having a little one to chase after? 

Re: Pregnant and caring for a Toddler = Hard!

• It is hard!  If you can swing it a preschool program or Mother's Morning Out can be really helpful for you and gives her the chance to do some things you don't have energy for.  Otherwise, think of reading books or playing games where you can be lying down.  Look on pinterest for busy box ideas?
  • My son turns 2 in a week. I get you!
    If I wasn't so tired I would finish the felt book pages I started for him. And if I have bad morning sickness he is going to be watching more Daniel Tigers Neighborhood than I care to admit. :) it probably won't ruin him.
    Married 5yrs
    Me-29 DH-34
    DS-02/02/14
    #2 due 09/29/16
  • Loading the player...
  • Are there baby play places near you? Like the kind where they can go play while you sit and have a snack or drink? That's what I plan on doing. Will allow him to get 2-3hrs of energy out in the morning. A lot of the places around my have passes.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just know that in a few weeks some of the energy will return and you will start feeling more normal. The first trimester is a real whirlwind of blah!

Me: 33 DH: 39
    DD 1: 5-24-13
    TTC#2: BFP: 8-23-15 MMC: 10-29-15
    DD 2: 9-15-16
    DD 3: 9-16-17

• I have a 2.5 year old, and she is such a ball of energy! This past week, I have been going to bed at 7pm so thank goodness for my husband! We are starting to look at preschools for her, hoping that will give me some time to not only work from home but take some much needed naps during this first trimester!
  • EStace said:
    My son turns 2 in a week. I get you! If I wasn't so tired I would finish the felt book pages I started for him. And if I have bad morning sickness he is going to be watching more Daniel Tigers Neighborhood than I care to admit. :) it probably won't ruin him.
    Oh yes!  My daughter will be watching way more Sesame than normal.  Thank God it's now on demand on HBO! That is going to be a lifesaver!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Oct 16 March Siggy Challenge

Oct 16 Feb Siggy Challenge

• I have a 2.5 yo daughter who has so much energy. I definitely don't remember feeling this tired so early last time!
    ~Erin~ 
    proud pagan 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My son will turn 1 in about 2 weeks and he is a teething MONSTER right now. I honestly can't tell if my exhaustion is pregnancy related or if it's just from being up with him half the night (for the last two freaking weeks). Just last week we enrolled him in daycare three days a week/three hours per day so I can get a little break. It's been wonderful! 
  • Yes!! My little is 20 months old. I'm a little nervous about having two! 
  • Thank you all; I definitely am going to try and put her in drop in daycare this week at least twice; so I can stay sane! 
  • kes0028 said:
    I feel so overwhelmed with the lack of energy I have and how much energy my daughter (of almost 3 years) has. She loves to play and be active all day, and we are normally busy going from one thing to the next. I was so tired today that I laid on the couch and she watched TV pretty much ALL DAY. I just feel bad that for the last few days I haven't spent much quality time with her, and this is only the beginning... Does anyone have any practical advice for being pregnant and having a little one to chase after? 
    I have an 2.5 year old and a 4 year old. I basically just drink my coffee and water and hold on for dear life. I try to nap when they do (if they do). Otherwise you basically just fake it until you make it. You aren't alone!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers