October 2016 Moms

Weekly Check In (Jan 25th)

2»

Re: Weekly Check In (Jan 25th)

• @sidecarsareforbishes I also had an annual/pap scheduled for mid-February and the receptionist was also kind of confused about what to do about it.  I decided to just cancel it and go with the initial appointment on March 1st.  I think most of the stuff covered in the annual will be covered in prenatal appointments anyways, it seemed a little bit pointless.
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• PeggyOlsonFTWPeggyOlsonFTW member
    edited January 2016
    Hi all! TTGP and TTCAL grad here!

How far along are you? EDD? 3w4d, EDD 10/10

How are you feeling?  Ok. Slight cramping, slight backache, some nausea. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  We're so cautiously excited about this pregnancy. If it sticks, our family is complete. If not, it'll be my third loss and probably a lot of tests. I feel very different about this one than I did my two losses though, so hopefully that's a good sign. FX that keeping up with acupuncture helps me this time around!

GTKY: Is this your first, second, etc. child (pregnancy)? **losses mentioned**

Fourth pregnancy, second living baby. DS was born in August 2013. I had a surprise BFP in July '15, followed by a MMC and D&C in Sept. Then I had a chemical in early December. This cycle has been so different than my other post-loss ones and I feel so different, that I'm cautiously hopeful. An October baby would be perfect!

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• Loading the player...
  • @sidecarsareforbishes it is not uncommon for an OB to do a pap if it has been a year since your last one at your first prenatal visit. They want to make sure you are clear of any precancerous cells, which would obviously be bad if you are pregnant. 

Me: 33 DH: 39
    DD 1: 5-24-13
    TTC#2: BFP: 8-23-15 MMC: 10-29-15
    DD 2: 9-15-16
    DD 3: 9-16-17

• Hi! I'm new to The Bump. DH and I have be TTC for about 6 cycles now. We are almost 27 and are high school sweethearts. 

How far along are you? EDD? 5 weeks EDD 10/2!

How are you feeling? I'm feeling pretty good so far. Extremely exhausted (I have a very demanding job in Sales, which requires a lot of travel) some occasional heat flashes, dizzy spells and nausea, lots of white cm, mildly sore and very heavy bbs. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm just so excited to be pregnant I can wait for my first doc appt. I don't think it will feel truly real until then for me. I just want to know that everything is going well. I think I have been reading too much! 

GTKY: Is this your first, second, etc. child (pregnancy)? If this is your first pregnancy do you have fur children? This is our first pregnancy and will be our first child. We have lots of fur children! We own an 11 acre farm with 5 horses, 4 cows, 35 poultry, 3 barn cats, and 2 German Shepherds!
  • @breis6212  Love your farm of animals! One day I would love to have a bunch of chickens and pigs!

Me: 33 DH: 39
    DD 1: 5-24-13
    TTC#2: BFP: 8-23-15 MMC: 10-29-15
    DD 2: 9-15-16
    DD 3: 9-16-17

• Thanks @ejmo68 and @Blonde1817 I think I'll call on Monday and just cancel the annual appt.  Hopefully the OB can just do the exam at my first baby appointment.  

Baby BOY due 10-8-16
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • AmMcc12AmMcc12 member
    edited January 2016
    artcheese said:
    And one dog (nova scotia duck tolling retriever) who is 4 years old. 
    **Lurking from Sep**
    We have a toller as well!! My in-laws breed them. They are awesome dogs!

ETA: I just saw your post that you are in Oregon.. So are we!!!
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• par_mach_kaipar_mach_kai member
    edited January 2016
    How far along are you? EDD? 4w0d, EDD is 10/9. I must be doing the math wrong somehow though, because this is technically CD 28 for me (so 4 weeks, 0 days, right?), but all the calendars keep saying I'm 3w6d.

How are you feeling? Pretty good, no symptoms

Rants/Raves/Questions? Not too much going on right now. I guess I still don't really believe that I'm actually pregnant. I don't feel any different. Trying not to go overboard on googling everything, but I am using up all my extra pregnancy tests right now. 

GTKY: Is this your first, second, etc. child (pregnancy)? If this is your first pregnancy do you have fur children? First pregnancy, first child (fx!). No fur children to speak of, although we might be getting some in the next year or so. 

WORF: I did not come here to admire the scenery. 
    DAX: If you say so. I guess we should just go home. 
    WORF: Well maybe. I would not be so hasty. 
    DAX: I take it the scenery has improved? 
    WORF: A few months ago, when I was commanding the Defiant on a scouting mission in the Gamma Quadrant, we encountered a protostar cluster, a swirling mass of colour set against a background of glowing clouds and burning sky. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, until now. 
    DAX: I've got to take you on vacation more often. 

• Hi everyone!!

How far along are you? EDD?
    3 weeks 5 days 
    EDD 10/10

How are you feeling?
    some nausea and I am very tired. I'm still having some cramps that I would like to go away. Also a whole lot of acne and bloat. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    i don't think I will stopping feeling nervous until I see the heartbeat. I just gotta see it before I can be ecstatic. 

GTKY: Is this your first, second, etc. child (pregnancy)? If this is your first pregnancy do you have fur children? 
    This is my second pregnancy but it will be my 1st child. We had a mc Friday November 13th at almost 7weeks. 
  • @waitingforbabies 3w6d is correct even though it's CD 28 for you. Think of it in terms of a calendar. Days 1-7 would be Sun-Sat. Every Saturday would be a multiple of 7, but you'd count a new week every Sunday. Make sense?

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• thanks @PeggyOlsonFTW - I think my math got messed up because I wasn't thinking of CD1 as "0w0d" so that by the time you get to CD7, you are only "0w6d." Thanks!

WORF: I did not come here to admire the scenery. 
    DAX: If you say so. I guess we should just go home. 
    WORF: Well maybe. I would not be so hasty. 
    DAX: I take it the scenery has improved? 
    WORF: A few months ago, when I was commanding the Defiant on a scouting mission in the Gamma Quadrant, we encountered a protostar cluster, a swirling mass of colour set against a background of glowing clouds and burning sky. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, until now. 
    DAX: I've got to take you on vacation more often. 

• How far along are you? EDD? 4 weeks and some odd days. Due October 4th

How are you feeling? Big. I haven't been pregnant in 11 years but I feel and look like I'm 4/5 months along already! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Ok so I've been going through fertility treatments to get pregnant meanwhile this is my SIL 3rd in 3 years. No interested in telling his side anytime soon! 

GTKY: Is this your first, second, etc. child (pregnancy)? If this is your first pregnancy do you have fur children?  This is my 4th pregnancy (first with my husband) I have 3 with my exhusband. They are 16, 12,  & 10. I also have an English bulldog and a Cat. They get along so well. Sit together and everything. 

• Hi everyone! 

How far along are you? EDD?
    4w3d EDD 10/6

How are you feeling?
    Exhausted! I'm in bed before 9 every night, whereas usually I tend to be a night owl. I had cramps but they seem to have subsided. Yesterday marked the beginning of the sore boobs.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Just excited to be here! 

GTKY: Is this your first, second, etc. child (pregnancy)? If this is your first pregnancy do you have fur children? 
    This is my second pregnancy. I have a 4.5 year old DS from a previous relationship. 
    I have a cat (7 year old black domestic shorthair "Aidan") and a dog (6 year old golden retriever "Shadow"), however the dog lives at my mom's house.
  • @sidecarsareforbishes if it makes you feel better, my kids each got smaller.. first one was over 10lbs, second was just over 9lbs, and third was 8.5lbs :)
  • How far along are you? EDD? I am 5 weeks 1 day. EDD is October 1st

How are you feeling?lots of fatigue, emotional, and the nausea comes and goes. Nervous. My hCG results have been good, but I am anxious for my first ultrasound (doctor is concerned about ectopic because of medical history). I feel like I can't rest easy until I know for sure it's in the right place.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Right now I'm feeling pretty good, just impatient. I've found the nurse line/email very helpful for my million questions. 

GTKY: Is this your first, second, etc. child (pregnancy)? If this is your first pregnancy do you have fur children? This is my first pregnancy. Everything is all new to me. I have a dog and a cat who are my babies still. My dog senses something is different and I'm pretty sure he is mad at me :P 
  • How far along are you? EDD?
    4 weeks today - EDD is 10/9/16

How are you feeling?
    tired and a little crampy but otherwise okay

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    surprisingly none. I'm not sure this has fully sunk in yet

This is my second. I have a DS born Nov 2012.

L- EDD: 11/11/12 Born: 11/18/12
    Expecting 2.0 - EDD: 10/5/16