March 2016 Moms

Is my amniotic fluid leaking or is it cervical??

So I've been Leaking off and on for a few days now but it didn't really get bad until today. I stood up after laying down for a while and discovered that my underwear was soaked. It wasn't urine because it has no smell and it's a clear fluid. I decided to put a pad on to see how much I'm actually leaking...I've now gone through the pad and into my pants. It's still not a lot to be considered noticeable but it's still a decent amount if it's gone through a pad. I can feel the liquid coming out of me. I've had cramps off and on all over my stomach but my baby is still moving around just fine. I'm 35 weeks along and this is my first. What do you guys think? I honestly don't know if I should call the doctor or if it's just nothing

Re: Is my amniotic fluid leaking or is it cervical??

• Haven't had my first yet but anything that sounds like a large amount of liquids just makes me think of water breaking. Not saying that's what it is but what comes to mind. Hope everything is okay! 
  • I would definitely call your Dr. They'll probably tell you to come in and have it tested. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I had much less than that today and my dr sent me in to have it tested. You should go get checked out for real!
  • Get thee to L&D!
  • . I would be at L&D immediately if I thought there was a chance it was fluid. Definitely don't want to take a chance with that. 
  • You should definitely call your dr. I've had tons of discharge lately but that sounds like way more than what would be considered 'normal'
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Call doctor. NOW!

theres a test they can run. Go.
  • Yup get that checked! Sounds like your water broke to me. I had to wear a pad on the way to have my first baby as I was in labor. Best advice someone gave me was to have those on hand for that! Good luck!!!!
    6 & 2 year old, 2 losses
  • I would def call or go to L&D but here's a hint also... Doesn't sound to appealing but an L&D nurse told me with my 1st pregnancy if I'm ever concerned about any leaks (bladder or discharge or water) to smell, not closely, ugh! But just at a distance, If there is a sweet, candy like scent it is amniotic fluid!!! My water leaked with my first, confirmed by amniotic swab but bedrest held her in until a good D-Date:) 
  • Just to reinforce what others have said.... go to the doc! 
    Just because you are only 35 weeks means nothing! My oldest was born at 35w4d.... everything was fine then boom water broke and 5 hours later I was holding baby...