November 2015 Moms

Allergy to Enfamil Infant but not Enfamil Newborn

My LO gets two bottles a day of formula for about a month now, and I've been using Enfamil Newborn with no problems. She's not gassy and we haven't seen any allergies at all. Sunday night I gave her a bottle of Enfamil Infant, and she immediately broke out in hives. I initially thought it was a reaction to detergent, and her next bottle was Infant too and the hives got worse. After resuming breastmilk, I was able to isolate the formula as the cause and gave her Newborn that night and the hives have cleared.

In researching it, the main difference in the two is the amount of Vitamin D. I guess I'm just wondering what her allergy is- does anyone have an idea of what it could be?

Re: Allergy to Enfamil Infant but not Enfamil Newborn

• I would definitely speak to a doctor about this.  It's important to get allergies identified asap.  It seems unlikely that Vitamin D would be the allergen, but it's possible. 
    If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

• I have been battling formula since DS was 4 weeks old(he's 8 weeks now) she could be allergic to cow milk protein. That's what they think my son has. They can't really tell me what is causing the reaction. They said he's too young to do allergy testing. I have had to eliminate all dairy, soy, and corn from my diet, and he seems better most days. He currently isn't able to tolerate even the hypoallergenic formulas (Nutramigen, Puramino) we are going to try Neocate, in a few days after his rash goes away. He only gets a bottle once every other day if needed. I have been having a hard time keeping up with him, he's a big boy. He's 15lb 5oz already