High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

38, diabetes, hypothyroidism & high blood pressure 1st pregnancy & scared as hell!!!

Jenn061477Jenn061477 member
edited January 2016 in High-Risk Pregnancy
So I just went to ob and he wants me on bed rest! I can't because i work and have my own bills! All the scripts and expensive doctors visits are killing me, but I have to relax! I was bleeding (not heavy, only when I wiped...tmi sorry) for a week straight and he's concerned due to my age, so he said if I don't relax I will most likely lose my baby! I have to stay off my feet, but I live alone at the moment! My endocrinologist tells me I have to get my sugars and thyroid in check or my baby can have disabilities, but I have to relax! Please someone, anyone can you tell me how the flipping hell can I relax?!?! I mean really?!?! I saw my babies heart beat for the first time last night and I got teary eyed and knowing what I know now makes things so much harder! Why is it pregnant women can't drink because they are the ones who need it most?!?! Lolol I kid you! I would not drink alcohol so don't get angry at me!!! I'm tired and can't sleep because my mind just won't shut off!!! Any suggestions ladies? I can't over exert myself as per my ob and money is tight....

Re: 38, diabetes, hypothyroidism & high blood pressure 1st pregnancy & scared as hell!!!

• Options
    I have hypothidoism gestational diabetes and chronic hypertension. I'm 30 and this is my first pregnancy. I was also preg with twins and lost one baby. My best advice is to do what the doctor says. Use FMLA to take some time off here and there. You can take up to 12 weeks and keep your job. You can use up vacation time ect to help with bills. I understand tight money but your baby has to come first! I have been swimming for exercise to help out and I count every carb that goes into my body. My diabetes is unmedicated and under control. They can give you meds for the thyroid and will do blood checks to make sure it's all good. You can't control that one other than medication. I suggest getting a bp machine and checking it twice a day at home. I'm on labatelol for my bp and I just keep an eye on my stress, exercise, salt intake, and work schedule. I hope it goes well for
    You! I worried so much at first. I'm now 35 weeks and my little girl looks great! Just try to relax.
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    I am a diabetic. I suggest following your doctor's orders. My doctor told me at the very beginning "if you listen and follow all my instructions, you will deliver a healthy baby". Which I did and I have a happy, healthy toddler running around. 
    Is there a way you could a little bit of work from home? You need to talk to your employers asap and follow your doctor's orders!! Check with your HR... in addition to the previous poster, maybe you could qualify for short or long term disability. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you ladies!!! I just reached 8 weeks and I've been learning on my own how to manage my eating and I've done it! My numbers are down; i.e. Blood glucose, blood pressure and my thyroid medication actually was lessened! I cannot believe the progress I have made. I was utterly desperate and found (& saw today) a dietician! I am on a great regimen and am finally becoming happy and not so stressed. Thank you for taking the time to answer this! I wish you the very best!!!!