February 2016 Moms

Repeat C Section Mamas

Has anyone else been experiencing pain in their incision scar? I mean I have before, during my period and at the beginning of this pregnancy, but tonight it is on fire! I've had two c-sections but they were 9 and 7 years ago. So sometimes I forget what it was like the second time around :smile:

Re: Repeat C Section Mamas

• Thats scary!  I'm having my 2nd c-section in two weeks and I haven't ever had any pain in my scar.  I think I would be a bit freaked out by that!  I hope everything is ok!
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker 
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • VkrosaVkrosa member
    edited January 2016
    Damn I have mine scheduled for 2 weeks too! I have been having contractions but no burning or pain. I hope you get a chance to talk to your OB soon and get answers.

Edit fat finger.
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine is also in two weeks! But I've always had pain in mine since the first one. Numbness, tingling and then during my period I would sometimes be in severe pain just right in the incision area. I talked to my doctor and he told me to some degree it is normal but I just wondered if anyone else out there was experiencing it. I did go in for a stress test today and they said everything was fine. So I'm going to hold out on calling again until tomorrow morning unless it gets unbearable.
  • I have pain in my scar from time to time. A lot during second tri when my stomach was growing a lot. My RCS is Friday!! Eek!
    Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16
  • Before I took the pregnancy test it was very sore and felt like it was on fire. This time around (granted it was just Monday) but it's very sore. The first time we left early I was up and around this time I feel like someone cut me open (ha, but you know what I mean)
  • Mine usually only hurts when I sneeze really hard other than that I usually don't have any pain in it.. I am set for my 3rd c section a week from tomorrow
  • I have my rcs in 5 days.... I havnt had ANY pain in my scar from my first. BUT, i never had any issues with healing the first time around and I'm very very very fair skinned, almost see through, so i never really had issues with a thick scar or even a raised one.
  • Mine just feels numb and tingly but it was like that before I got pregnant again. I would call the nurses line at your doctor's office and see what they say.
    Praying this is our take home baby. STICK TURKEY Mommy will miss you everyday my beautiful angel. We love you Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers M/C on 1/05/11 at 11 weeks.
  • I have not experienced this either. My RCS is in 27 days and with DD, I grew the most the last 5-6 weeks. Eh, so there's still time. Hope you find some relief! 
    Married: 2012 --- BFP: 2013 - Little Miss arrived: 2014 --- BFP #2: 2015 - EDD: 2/2016 (Team Green)
  • RCS scheduled in 2 weeks. No scar pain for me but I have heard that's fairly common.
  • Not pain, but I noticed it's been getting itchy at times, and seems to be getting numb again. It was numb for the first 2 years after I had DD... Who knows how long it will be numb this time 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes I get pain too. My incision is raised from my first C. Doctor and midwives tell me it's completely normal. Good luck!