July 2016 Moms

Symptoms Thread - w/o Jan 18

Re: Symptoms Thread - w/o Jan 18

• @Lindsayleigh1989 yes, for the most part. Thank you! I still haven't gone, but some Tucks and a night on my sides seemed to help. I've taken 3 Colace since yesterday afternoon, and it says it can take between 12 and 72 hours to really work, so I'm just trying to be patient instead of trying to make something happen. I think I need to up the fiber in my diet to make up for the iron supplements in my prenatals, and I also haven't been drinking as much water the past couple of days because I've been so preoccupied with my son and his stomach virus. Back at work today, though, with a big tumbler of water and just finished a giant serving of frosted mini wheats.
  • silvers626silvers626 member
    edited January 2016
    @soberkfell Drinking lots of water will definitely help but have you considered taking a probiotic? With my first pregnancy I was terribly constipated. This pregnancy, ever since I stopped throwing everything up I have started taking a probiotic daily and I really haven't been constipated since.

Edited for clarity
  • Loading the player...
  • @soberkfell do you drink coffee or hot tea? for some reason warm drinks help me get things going. You can also lift your toilet seat and put your feet on the toilet bowl to squat, instead of sit. I've never personally done it but apparently that's a better way to poop. Sitting on a toilet puts too much strain on our bodies.
  • @silvers626 I do not take a probiotic currently, but I'll definitely look into adding it to my daily vitamins if it helps! I was a big yogurt eater for a while, which I believe is supposed to serve a similar purpose, but I haven't been buying any lately. I definitely think I'll be re-stocking this weekend and getting a probiotic as well. Thanks for the advice!
  • @quartz02 I don't really drink coffee, but I do drink hot tea on occasion. I'll try anything! I did find a 8- or 10-inch stool in our front closet last night, so I've been using that as a makeshift squatty potty. Putting my feet up really did relieve the pressure, so I will make sure to continue using it... but I think I have to wait for these stool softeners to kick in before I can make any real progress, unfortunately.
  • Shaving - The struggle is real!! I used to comfortably be able to sit in our stand up shower and get the legs done. Today it almost made me out of breath! I felt like everything was so squished together. I'm going to have to try some new positions to get that done, because nothing is attractive about chewbacca legs!! The "stretching" pains are back. I haven't had a terrible amount of RLP, but I've had some general pains I contribute to stretching/growth. I have a doctor appointment today, so I plan to make absolute sure everything I'm feeling is normal. Only one headache so far, but it was a doozy!!!
  • Had a big brunch and today I seem to have traded my constant nausea for some strong heartburn. It's not enjoyable, but in my mind it's still an upgrade.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited January 2016
    @thebigoaktree I had the same problems last time and I seriously used my hour lunch break to nap in my car everyday. Now I SAH so I just nap when DD does most days.

Edit: Sorry, should have just added to my second post, but my thoughts are not that organized!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• RLP, sciatica, varicose veins, headaches, and just being in an overall bad mood.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @quartz02 I don't really drink coffee, but I do drink hot tea on occasion. I'll try anything! I did find a 8- or 10-inch stool in our front closet last night, so I've been using that as a makeshift squatty potty. Putting my feet up really did relieve the pressure, so I will make sure to continue using it... but I think I have to wait for these stool softeners to kick in before I can make any real progress, unfortunately.

Try a cup of coffee... The acidity helps stimulate the distal colon and the caffeine should aid in peristalsis and get things moving.
  • And I'm back in VomTown...sigh...
  • Hate it @austinjl! I had a super yummy dinner last night and then threw everything right back up! 
    Mommy to an angel baby and a sweet little girl Earth side.
  • 13 weeks and a day and still the idea of food makes me feel Ill. I feel pukey 98% of the time. Looking forward to this part to be over.
  • @mamagreenbean Agreed! I'm 14.5 weeks and this week have had aversions to everything food and the terrible nausea is back.
  • My food aversions are starting to fade - been hungrier than usual last two days. I'm 14wks 1 day. New symptom has been my bloated feeling - stomach muscles sore. I'm pretty sure I felt the baby move just the last day tiny bubbles I've never felt before.
  • New symptom my hips is popping and cracking when they are painful. It's odd doesn't really relieve the pain but I'm starting to tell when they will crack
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• New symptom my hips is popping and cracking when they are painful. It's odd doesn't really relieve the pain but I'm starting to tell when they will crack
    If your hips are already popping you should definitely consider looking up a few prenatal hip stretches/yoga poses to help loosen them up and relieve the tightness. There are lots of variations and you might have to try a few different ones to see what you like best but they feel amazing. An added bonus of well stretched hip/lower back/leg muscles is that if you keep with it to the end you won't do as much "waddling" when you get big at the end. Plus it can make labour easier. 
  • WevilleWeville member
    edited January 2016
    This pregnancy has given me out of control computer rage. I think I should maybe go off the grid before I smash everything

Edited for autocorrect fail
  • STM only 13 weeks and I'm not showing at all nor can I feel my uterus or any bump when I lay flat on my back (didn't show until 20+ weeks last time). I have a crampy ache behind my lower ribs. It almost feels like gas, but is that possible way up there already? It's not excruciating or anything concerning just weird and I'm curious what could be the cause. I have an appt. Tuesday and may mention it if it keeps up.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• STM only 13 weeks and I'm not showing at all nor can I feel my uterus or any bump when I lay flat on my back (didn't show until 20+ weeks last time). I have a crampy ache behind my lower ribs. It almost feels like gas, but is that possible way up there already? It's not excruciating or anything concerning just weird and I'm curious what could be the cause. I have an appt. Tuesday and may mention it if it keeps up.

@whataboutscience if you do bring it up to your doctor, post an update here as to what s/he says. I've got something very similar and have no clue what it could be!

• Woke up this morning with the WORST headache ever
  • Woke up this morning with the WORST headache ever
    Ditto. These (almost) daily headaches need to away now please. Especially since I can't take Advil/Excedrin.
  • @whataboutscience and @elldel I think it's RLP/stretching - I had a lot of pain with my first pregnancy in the rib area several weeks before my uterus was that high/DS would have been big or strong enough to be pushing up against them (although he did enjoy using my ribs as a footrest/kickboard for the last few months of my pregnancy). I've had a little bit of it again already. I'd be interested to hear what your doctor has to say, too, @whataboutscience!
  • Cramps on my right side! I feel like this baby is tap dancing on my uterus.

• 15 weeks and i am so tired throughout the day, i find myself falling asleep if im not eating something! sad!
  • I had a pretty mild first trimester so I think karma is biting me in the ass now. Biggest issue is daily headaches. Generally they are pretty mild and go away when I take a Tylenol 500mg or have some coffee or just distract myself. Other symptoms are knee pain after working all day, back pain from wearing my stethoscope, dizziness when I stand up in one place for too long (compression stockings help this). 

I see headaches mentioned a lot here. Do you guys medicate every time you get one? I am not big on taking meds in general and while I don't want to walk around in pain, I don't necessarily think it's great to take Tylenol every time either. Sometimes I ignore it and it goes away after awhile but sometimes it gets worse too :(

Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • My nipples are getting darker! Haha. The first time I saw it actually looked like dirt. It's like blotches/specs of darker pigment making its way up from the bottom on each nipple.

I've been getting bad headaches a lot and yes I take Tylenol every time. I take Tylenol and have an iced coffee. That's the only thing that helps me. I did get advice to find those sea bands that you wear on your wrists and try those for the headaches too. We will see. I have work to do and these headaches completely stop me in my tracks. The doctors say Tylenol is fine so why wouldn't I take it? I'm not going to make myself suffer and get behind on all of my work because I can't stand to look at a computer screen. My headaches will turn into throbbing migraines if I don't medicate.

Also, y'all. I still have the awful back ache. It's not always bad, but holy **** last night I woke up almost in tears. I have no idea what it is since the doctors ruled out kidney infection, and said a kidney stone should have passed by now. Could I have pulled something/messed something up and have it hurt off and on like this?
  • sboston06 I'm going to the dr later for my headaches since even tylenol doesn't help all the time. I don't want to take tylenol if I don't absolutely have to either. I've had them every other day week 15 and everyday the past week. When I called to ask for other remedies they didn't like I was having them so frequently so they want to see me. I'll let you know what they say. 
  • I'm having terrible headaches too. Every day, all day for about two weeks. I take Tylenol every other day because I want to keep the meds to a minimum. A NP I saw last week, when my OB was out, said to take Excedrin Migrane. I looked it up and it sounds like a HUGE no no so I'll just keep chugging water and hoping for the best.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Ugh indigestion already!! No matter if it's a small snack or full meal .... Tums are my friend!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• I need someone to tell me wtf I experienced last night. I took unisom around 10 and fell asleep around 1030. DH woke me up around 1230 So I could move because I feel asleep horizontally on the bed. When I got up my boobs HURT. They felt like my breast where engorged to the max and I couldn't/didn't want to move my arms or shoulder at all and they were throbbing.

WTF was that and has anybody experienced that at all?
  • @Y0urm0m it sounds like the unisom knocked you out to the point where you weren't aware of the need to reposition yourself. When you're uncomfortable while sleeping (unmedicated) you'll typically turn over or wake up to move your arms. I'd probably try a half dose next time and see if that works? Have you taken unisom before? It's possible that you were just really really exhausted and it had a heightened effect on you.
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • 13.5 weeks and threw up for the first time this pregnancy today. What the heck? I had actually started feeling better the last few days and thought I was in the clear. The ladies that have been vomiting regularly deserve medals. I have terrible stomach cramps now and feel like I can't move.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• sboston06 and anyone else that has been getting crazy headaches: dr. gave me a couple ideas. First, she told me to start taking an antihistamine like benadryl or zyrtec. It could be sinus pressure even if I've never had sinus issues before or even if I'm not getting a lot of nasal congestion. Secondly, she says (and I would check with your dr before doing this) to not "sugar coat" taking the Tylenol; if I'm going to take it, take the most I can which is 1000mg. She also suggests to drink it with half a can of coke. She says that most of her patients feel better when doing this combo than the coffee trick. She thinks it has something to do with the sugar and caffeine. Finally, she said to make sure I'm drinking 100 oz of water (which I already drink about 110) and if I want to try something else increase it another 20-25 oz a day. 

She wasn't sure of other homeopathic remedies specifically to headaches, though I did ask about Magnesium which my friend takes for migraines, she said if I wanted to try it to knock myself out. If I was having daily or every other day headaches for longer than a month after all these things, we could try something stronger but at this point she thinks it's just my "2nd tri symptom" like how nausea was my biggest 1st tri symptom.
  • @maddmama I have a bad back anyways but I've been doing prenatal yoga/stretches that i found on pinterest which have helped a lot. There's some good videos on YouTube, too
  • Woke up this morning, and boy did my hips HURT! I didn't have this issue... at least this early... with DS. I even slept with my snoogle all night. I guess I need to break out the prenatal yoga tapes and try some of the recommended stretches on here to open up my hips... hoping that helps!
  • @laurathemrs Thank you!! I'm going to try those! 
  • Well after feeling so sick for the past 10 weeks that I could barely function in society, I find my hurling is subsiding, Yay!, my nausea is not as sickening and I actually enjoyed food this week.  I  do have an occasional headache every few days, gotta love those hormones!   But Long walks and light yoga has also helped me feel more human again......praise God tmrw ends my first trimester, I might enjoy this pregnancy yet
  • @dolewhipper just wanted to say make sure you watch your Tylenol intake if you're taking 1000mg at a time. ( I take that much for headaches too) but the MAX dose is 4000mg in a day and Tylenol is in a lot of other meds including cold medicines etc. more than 4gm can cause permanent liver damage ! Just a FYI for anyone else using heavy dose Tylenol.