Trying to Get Pregnant

TB "After Dark"

2»

Re: TB "After Dark"

• LecoolLecool member
    edited January 2016
    @NovaSaysNo Interesting! I am going to have to check those out. I always get a sore back/feel uncomfortable being on top. I usually just tough it out and then am really sore from it later. 

@sugarpixxie2 We use them together. We kind of switch it up who's in control depending on the moment!

@MamaMunn Seriously, GET ONE. It will change your life. haha.

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Do you do period sex? Sometimes. I'm not really opposed to it in general. Sometimes it feels weird as I'm crampy and/or my cervix is tender. We have some old towels that aren't nice anymore that are dark red so those have become our go-to period sex towels.

Do you let DH/SO see you go to the bathroom? Sometimes. I'm not too weird about DH seeing me pee. So if he needs to come in the bathroom and do something/get something then I'm cool with it. He'd never in a million years let me see him do anything though. He also won't let me come in to pee if he's already in there. But he feels fine about walking in on me anytime. It's kinda odd.

Sex toys- must have or never tried? I've tried them but I'm not sure I'd say "must have" I thin perhaps I just haven't found the right toy yet. Also, I can't get DH on board with toys. The whole idea just freaks him out. He's extremely vanilla.

Bonus question: Shower sex? I have a high libido so I pretty much always want sex. I've always found shower sex to be hot. No pun intended. However, DH does not agree. Very vanilla. He also complains that someone always seems to end up in the cold part of the shower. We haven't had shower sex since like... the first year we dated I think.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @Lecool I did the same thing for a long time (I also broke both my wrists several years ago so they get sore too). The furniture pieces are pricey, but they hold up really well, and honestly have saved my back/wrists so much. I think they're worth it. If you sign up for their email thing, they'll send out coupons that are decent every now and then especially around holidays. 
    Oh, and the covers for them are machine washable, so it's easy to keep clean.
  • sugarpixxie2sugarpixxie2 member
    edited January 2016
    I always thought sex furniture was intriguing. ...BUT my kids in the house pretty much puts a damper on that idea. And 1st world problems..... I am already embarrassed enough wondering what my cleaning lady finds in my house and judges me for... I just can't add sex furniture lol.

I think I really need to add this sex toy thing to our sex life!

As far as the on top comments are concerned. ... i am on top 9 out of 10 times! I think we both prefer that.

And to me, definition of a quickie is pretty much doing just the mechanics of it until he finishes. Like put it in, hump, done. Ha!

Me: 31    DH: 36

Married since 11/25/2013

#1 (bio)  born 01/18/2006

#2 (bio)   born 09/08/2008

#3 (step) born 02/17/2009

#4 (our 1st together)  EDD 09/09/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Jenwash612Jenwash612 member
    edited January 2016
    Yay an after hours thread! Love the idea! I always get on too late to participate in WTO /TWW...

Do you do period sex?
    Na, but not really for any reason.

Do you let DH/SO see you go to the bathroom?
    Uh, I leave the door open all the time lol.

Sex toys- must have or never tried?
    We enjoy them, though we don't use them often. We never explored sex at all until well into our marriage, so introduction to a vibrator for me was wow. DH will use it on me during foreplay, and I'll use it during sex, though sometimes he enjoys watching.

As for furniture, anyone else try swings? I have a door one, but it's uncomfortable, plus I can only think about the door.

Shower sex?
    We enjoy it, but DH's knees don't

BTW, removable shower heads, with or without DH
  • Adding on to last post

Quickies during WTO?
    We rarely have quickies, since DH seems to have some pride issue with them (makes oral difficult)
    Also, I'd define a quickie as less than like ten minutes

Edited my last post because my last question cut out.. Apparently I reached my character limit?
  • @MissAmeliaPond I like the idea of a weekend Chit Chat! I have more time to participate on weekends and there is never any threads to do so.

period sex?
    No way! It grosses both of us out.
    Bathroom? As long as we are in the house alone we keep the doors open when going pee; definitely closed for #2 though.
    Sex toys? I have a few but don't really enjoy them. We've tried sex with them and I find it weird. DH doesn't like trying new things so I was worried he thought it was weird the whole time. Personally, we need to find ways to sex up our love life as it's getting old.
    Shower sex? We'd tried a few times but we don't prefer it. We both hate being cold and only one of us can be under the shower head at a time. We did have a hotel once with double heads (on opposite walls) and that was doable and fun!
    Quickies? *TMI* Most of ours are quickies for his part. He spends a lot of time getting me ready but then he doesn't last long.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
    ~Formerly @dogmomwantinghuman ~
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP #1: 11/30/15| MC 12/16/15BFP # 2: 6/2/16 | EDD 2/16/17

• Do you do period sex? Sometimes, when it is light.

Do you let DH/SO see you go to the bathroom? Only pee. I used to deplore the idea of a boyfriend seeing  me pee. Now not so much. Lucky DH.

Sex toys : We like the bullet, but it isn't a "must have." I need to buy a new one. The damn things always seem to break.

Shower Sex: DH loves it and asks for it all the time, especially during AF.

Quickies: I don't really enjoy them, but it happens during FW. If DH not being super excited during FW will impede TTGP, we might need to work on that. We generally don't have sex every other day, so it's not natural for either of us to be super horny that often. Old people probs.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• babymishbabymish member
    edited January 2016
    Do you do period sex?

Sometimes but rarely, it doesn't bother either of us though

Nope. I've been there before with ex's and told SO that this relationship was going to have bathroom boundaries right at the start.

Not everytime but we like couples ones and have a fair few

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Since a few others chimed in in the morning...

Period Sex: Very light days only. Otherwise too messy for me to enjoy.

Bathroom: Hell to the no. Hopefully never will.

Sex Toys: Never tried, though I do own a vibrator from my bachelorette

Shower Sex: Yes, more for DH than me. We are almost exactly the same height, which brings its own set of logistical problems. I wonder what the perfect differential is...

Quickies: Very rarely. I can't enjoy myself quickly, I just don't work that way.
  • This is fun!

Do you do period sex?
    Nope. DH is always up for it. I don't think it's worth staining anything.

If I am just peeing, yes. We have zero bathroom boundaries there. I refuse to poop with him there but he has no shame in doing it to me. I get so mad!

Never tried!

Shower sex?
    Sometimes. I'm 5 feet tall DH 6 feet and 2 inches. Things don't always.. Connect.

Quickies?
    Yes! I love them! I really have to be in the mood for long romantic sex. I'm all about the quickie!!
  • It's still dark here this morning, so I'll play real quick!

Do you do period sex? I have done it plenty of times, but DH is not down.  He is easily grossed out.

Do you let DH/SO see you go to the bathroom? Absolutely not.  I like my privacy, and so does DH.

Sex toys- must have or never tried? Fun when we remember them.  

Shower sex: We have done it exactly twice.  In four years.  I LOVE shower sex, but we never seem to have the time for it.  But bathroom counter sex has happened a number of times.
  • ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    edited January 2016
    Do you do period sex? negative.  Me and DH have no interest in it. Plus, my period is 3 days long so it's not that big of a deal. I can hold off for 3 days. If i had a longer period I would probably do period shower sex.

Do you let DH/SO see you go to the bathroom? I wouldn't mind if he did...as long as I wasn't pooping lol.  I don't know if he has ever seen me go though.  He pees in front of me all the time.  

Sex toys- must have or never tried? I have a few but I really only use my bullet with DH. I love that thing  <3

Shower Sex - Its not my fave but I like it.  Unfortunately our shower isn't very big so we don't do it often when we're at home...but on vacation... ;)

Quickies - yes please! 
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • Fun!

Period sex? Not opposed & have done plenty of times but as of late mostly at the end & I warn him things are may be "tinge-y down there" so he knows not to use his mouth & that he might need to clean up a bit afterwards.

Bathroom? We both never close a door for pee. Our master has a separate water closet/toilet room & we will poop when the other is in the bathroom or shower. My family was very open about bathroom growing up. We never closed the door. I wouldn't care if DH pooped in front of me. He's not open that way. I don't think most men are.

Sex toys: Have lots of stuff. We have been off using it lately. I think I should bust something out of the bin. DH would be happy.

Shower sex? Have done it. It is always a hot mess and usually ends up foreplay and ends outside the shower. we have a big shower with 2 heads so neither of us gets cold which is nice.

Quickies: Pretty common. Seems DH enjoys dirtying me right after we shower and get ready to go out somewhere. It is ike he's claiming territory lol.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Do you do period sex?
    Nope. DH says he would only have sex during AF in the shower.

I don't let him see on purpose. When it happens, it's because he walks in on me.

Sex toys- I have a rabbit but we've never tried anything together.

Shower sex- Tried it. Awkward and uncomfortable. 18" height difference makes it… nearly impossible. Too short standing and too tall standing on the edge of the tub. I dream of having a shower with a bench the perfect height to allow shower sex to not be a chore.

Quickies- DH can't do quickies due to medication.

TTC + medicated cycles
    3/2015: Start TTC
    8/2015: PCOS Dx
    4/2016: BFP, Loss (4+5)
    2/2017: BFP

Honorable mentions: Biggest IF support sister, sweetest bumpie, most genuine, LFAFer you'd most like to visit, great things come in small packages, pocket sized babe
  • Do you do period sex? Not usually, and then if it's light. I bled nearly the whole year that I had the Nexplanon implant so it was necessary. I figured out that missionary with legs up is the least messy position. 

Do you let DH/SO see you go to the bathroom? I try not to, but it's happened. Once it was the middle of the night and I was peeing with the door open, and he ended up also getting up to pee but didn't notice I wasn't in bed and he came into the bathroom and I scared the shit out of him. lol. And he pees like a pregnant lady so it's not unusual for him to stop to pee on a tree in the middle of a walk.

I'm with you on the puking. I have ended up getting sick on an empty stomach and he still laughs about hearing me basically screaming into the toilet because my body insisted on puking when there was nothing to puke up. 

Sex toys- must have or never tried? Good to have around, not used all that much. 

Shower sex - Pretty much just when I'm on my period. It's too awkward to really get into. My legs get tired. Still nice to do once in a while for variety's sake. 

Quickies - I like them but they don't happen much. 

• Do you do period sex?

When it's light and I am not crampy/ bitchy. Sometimes ill put a towel down. Really sets the mood.

It doesn't really bother me unless it's #2. He is weird about it though. When I get trapped without TP he will hold the new roll through a cracked door with his eyes closed. It's actually pretty funny. Fortunately two of our three bathrooms (inc the master) have a separate throne room. It's the best.

Side note... My sisters and I are disturbingly close... And our favorite game is to try to scare the crap (literally) out of whoever is in the bathroom on the throne. So we will open the door and scream just to get a reaction. DH has learned to lock the door :)

Once or twice together but DH prefers to be the hero. When he is out of town though.... Business is handled ;)

Shower sex: it usually just the start. It's too complicated to finish the deed in the shower. So we end up on the floor of the bathroom or on a towel on the bed (always practical lol).
  • CopperBoom86CopperBoom86 member
    edited January 2016
    I don't Bump at night, but I still wanna play!

Do you do period sex? Never. DH and I both gag at the thought. 

Do you let DH/SO see you go to the bathroom? Definitely. I'll put it this way: the bathroom door is never closed. 

Sex toys- must have or never tried? I have one for personal use, but we've never really used anything together. 

Shower Sex? In my experience, it's always better in theory. Mostly because of height differences. Foreplay is always good in the shower, though. 

Quickies? Quite often, actually. DH is a very busy person, so sometimes it's all we can squeeze in. Plus, I think quickies are fun and exciting! If I'm ever feeling unsatisfied, I just finish the job after he's gone. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Since a few others chimed in in the morning... Period Sex: Very light days only. Otherwise too messy for me to enjoy. Bathroom: Hell to the no. Hopefully never will. Sex Toys: Never tried, though I do own a vibrator from my bachelorette Shower Sex: Yes, more for DH than me. We are almost exactly the same height, which brings its own set of logistical problems. I wonder what the perfect differential is... Quickies: Very rarely. I can't enjoy myself quickly, I just don't work that way.
    My husband and I are pretty close in height, but I have longer legs, so things line up perfectly.. We just don't do it much. Maybe we should take advantage of how well things line up though lol.
  • Megzb510 said:
    @MissAmeliaPond - I love the idea of a weekend chit chat! I always miss the weekday topic threads on the weekends so I'm happy to start it up again Friday night.
    @Megzb510 Yay! I'm always on over the weekend, and the board gets so dead sometimes and makes me sad lol. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • bcooke314 said:
    Since a few others chimed in in the morning... Period Sex: Very light days only. Otherwise too messy for me to enjoy. Bathroom: Hell to the no. Hopefully never will. Sex Toys: Never tried, though I do own a vibrator from my bachelorette Shower Sex: Yes, more for DH than me. We are almost exactly the same height, which brings its own set of logistical problems. I wonder what the perfect differential is... Quickies: Very rarely. I can't enjoy myself quickly, I just don't work that way.
    My husband and I are pretty close in height, but I have longer legs, so things line up perfectly.. We just don't do it much. Maybe we should take advantage of how well things line up though lol.

***QBF***

^^^This. DH and I are close in height. We also have a bench type thing in our shower where I usually prop one of my legs and it works out perfectly! 

Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: August 2014
    TTC #1 Since March 2015
    Diagnosed with PCOS March 2016
    SA results normal April 2016
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + TI = BFN
    3 rounds clomid + trigger + IUI = BFN
    Uterine polyp removed July 2017
    Round 1 IVF January 2018