Two Under 2
Options

Do you really need a double stroller ?

My son will be 18 months when the baby is going to be born. Now he doesn't want to sit in a stroller as he started walking on his own couple weeks ago. Any of you not planning on buying double stroller. Is it really necessary? Plus it's going to be winter ( Chicago area, a lot of snow) so we won't be going for a walks so often for the first few months anyway. Any thoughts or experience ?
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Do you really need a double stroller ?

• Options
    Mine are 17 months apart and it was a necessity for me to be able to strap both kids in for the first yr. However if you are big on baby wearing then you could probably wear the newborn and put your toddler in the stroller. I still used my doubles for walks when they were 3.5yrs and 2yrs old. I think you will want one when spring comes.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    For me it's a matter of going anywhere alone. My oldest is younger than yours will be - but doesn't hold hands. For safety I have to corral them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine are 20 months apart and I use our double whenever I take them by myself or for walks. The seats switch directions and hold up to 40-50 lbs in each seat so I feel like we'll use it for awhile. I live in Florida though so we're out and about a lot.
  • Options
    We decided against the double stroller when we had 2 under 2...and I deeply regret it. We really could have used it and now that 3 under 3 is happening it's at the top of my list of things to get! We might not use it a ton, but when we went to the fair, zoo, or just on a walk around town it would have been so nice to have!
  • Options
    @jessiedee13 the city select and some others can hold 3! I think this one has a standing board. If I can find the name of the other that allows 3 seated I'll post back.